Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The Way of the Broke Warrior

Old
The Way of the Broke Warrior - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
So, I posted a day in the life of broke sharkatack89 in my latest blog entry. (This is a historical event, Thank God for PSO)

Any and all can read it here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=10078

Comments, Flames, and other suggestions welcome. Enjoy -shark

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
shark..I read your blog and you forgot one thing. How could you forget the one place that got you a huge bankroll last month?

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
shark..I read your blog and you forgot one thing. How could you forget the one place that got you a huge bankroll last month?
Unfortunately. That step requires qualifying first. Thus, you need to build at least a qualifying bankroll. Alas, the reason why I did not play in November. Only if I had known, they'd be giving warm up tix. I would have made the 1525 needed LOL. That is not one of the paths of the Broke Warrior. That's one of the paths of the very poor warrior tho. Steps 2 and 3 to follow in later posts.-shark.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 01:30 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
congrats on your success, you seem like a good poker player......with that being said do you plan on being a pro poker player? as in your 9 to 5 job everyday is poker? if so more power to you, but if i were you i would find a job til that happens. I mean come on your "girl" is only gonna support you for so long. If you dont mind me asking do you have children? what if you lose your bankroll? then what? start over grinding rookie tickets? you must be pretty young I'm guessing but at least go to college or learn a trade, you know just as a backup plan.

please dont take this the wrong way as im not trying to an ahole but as that taz dude always says...I'm Just Saying.

I actually think you could help me improve my bankroll building and such...shoot me a message if interested in teaching me a few things like how to grind out first place in the pso next month.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 06:57 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
congrats on your success, you seem like a good poker player......with that being said do you plan on being a pro poker player? as in your 9 to 5 job everyday is poker? if so more power to you, but if i were you i would find a job til that happens. I mean come on your "girl" is only gonna support you for so long. If you dont mind me asking do you have children? what if you lose your bankroll? then what? start over grinding rookie tickets? you must be pretty young I'm guessing but at least go to college or learn a trade, you know just as a backup plan.

please dont take this the wrong way as im not trying to an ahole but as that taz dude always says...I'm Just Saying.

I actually think you could help me improve my bankroll building and such...shoot me a message if interested in teaching me a few things like how to grind out first place in the pso next month.
Quite a good point. Yes, I am a pro poker player (As in yes, I make my living from playing poker 9 to 5 everyday. (tho it's more like 10am til 7pm everyday, as of late) The way of the broke warrior was only what I did when I was broke. I don't do that now. It was just to show what I did to build my bankroll up from nothing. As for going broke, it can happen to any poker player. But, as I am trying to follow strict bankroll management guidelines to keep from going broke again, I'll hope for the best. No, I have no children. And as for the job, we'll have to see. I hope to get to the point of sustaining between 2 to 4K/ month in the next couple of months here. But until then, there's always my "girl". As for me being young. No alas, I'm not young anymore. Thanks for the input and good luck to you also. -shark

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
2 to 4 k a month? what do u play? tournys sngs or cash games?

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 11:34 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
2 to 4 k a month? what do u play? tournys sngs or cash games?
That is the plan. I play 6 max limit games 2 tables max along w/ a to tourney table at times. My goal will be 2 to 3K grinding cash, and 1K in other tourneys along w/ any PSO earnings. But, like I said that's the plan. Need to get my bankroll in order first. So, PSO is A1 priority for now. Lost too many days this month already. -shark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com