Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

railbirds love them or hate them

Old
Default
railbirds love them or hate them - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#1)
TARIQ06's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 380
BronzeStar
ok this is a very important topic that i think we should discuss due to my recent encounter of a railbird, question#1 why do people stalk other people, find where they are located and begin to talk sheet to them and thinks its funny or even acceptable...i like railing when i am watching a good pso player on gaining knoweledge on how they stay consistently in the top 10 but i don't bother them while they are playing so they will never know i am there(darkman, cote..hint) but i don't undertand the stalking mindset from some..i seen a guy came to my table yesterday evening railing on this lady calling her a donk btch and stupid a__ h__, now cmon man is it really that serious but then again i guess 1500 bucks will make some of us do some crazy things, but then again i knew an old college buddy got kill over 5 bucks, so i guess anything possibble..i am going to start a campaign"stop the railing and trash talking" and presbruno you can be my advisor if u like.. but seriously this trash talking is crazy, the sad thing half of the trash talking railbirds would not say these things in a person face at a live table because they are really cowards..

Last edited by TARIQ06; Tue Feb 22, 2011 at 10:31 AM..
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#2)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
I call them railtards. They're part and parcel of online poker at whatever level you play. Either laugh at how immature they are, or if the abuse gets really heavy report them.

Of course another way of dealing with it is to produce an episode of the muppet show
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#3)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,783
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Of course another way of dealing with it is to produce an episode of the muppet show
That may still be over their heads..... LOL
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#4)
RockerguyAA's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,089
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
..i seen a guy came to my table yesterday evening railing on this lady calling her a donk btch and stupid a__ h__, ..
Perfect example of when to call an admin in and get someone chat banned.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#5)
bahmani381's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
ok this is a very important topic that i think we should discuss due to my recent encounter of a railbird, question#1 why do people stalk other people, find where they are located and begin to talk sheet to them and thinks its funny or even acceptable...i like railing when i am watching a good pso player on gaining knoweledge on how they stay consistently in the top 10 but i don't bother them while they are playing so they will never know i am there(darkman, cote..hint) but i don't undertand the stalking mindset from some..i seen a guy came to my table yesterday evening railing on this lady calling her a donk btch and stupid a__ h__, now cmon man is it really that serious but then again i guess 1500 bucks will make some of us do some crazy things, but then again i knew an old college buddy got kill over 5 bucks, so i guess anything possibble..i am going to start a campaign"stop the railing and trash talking" and presbruno you can be my advisor if u like.. but seriously this trash talking is crazy, the sad thing half of the trash talking railbirds would not say these things in a person face at a live table because they are really cowards..
important yes but we cant do much if anything about it.your ?#1some players talk sheet just to put others on tilt that's part of poker on line and live.its just that on line you can get away with a lot more.i said this before.you can turn chat off. but i never do because i want to see who is tilting who.so i can go after there chips.this can be a good tool to use.FYI i rail players to.to watch or say hi and never start crap.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#6)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
ok this is a very important topic that i think we should discuss due to my recent encounter of a railbird, question#1 why do people stalk other people, find where they are located and begin to talk sheet to them and thinks its funny or even acceptable...i like railing when i am watching a good pso player on gaining knoweledge on how they stay consistently in the top 10 but i don't bother them while they are playing so they will never know i am there(darkman, cote..hint) but i don't undertand the stalking mindset from some..i seen a guy came to my table yesterday evening railing on this lady calling her a donk btch and stupid a__ h__, now cmon man is it really that serious but then again i guess 1500 bucks will make some of us do some crazy things, but then again i knew an old college buddy got kill over 5 bucks, so i guess anything possibble..i am going to start a campaign"stop the railing and trash talking" and presbruno you can be my advisor if u like.. but seriously this trash talking is crazy, the sad thing half of the trash talking railbirds would not say these things in a person face at a live table because they are really cowards..
Railbirds are fine,IMO. And by Railbirds I mean popping in to say "Hi" to friends,or watching good players,and one of my favorites is when it gets out thru the Grapevine that a fellow PSO'er is doing something good in a cash MTT to go root them on.

But the other side of the coin,stalking/harassing players?.......That's simply classeless,gutless and beyond the pale. And I have to disagree with you on one point Tariq---in my opinion NONE,not half,but NONE of the dirtbags who do this on-line would have the guts to do it in a live situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I call them railtards. They're part and parcel of online poker at whatever level you play. Either laugh at how immature they are, or if the abuse gets really heavy report them.

Of course another way of dealing with it is to produce an episode of the muppet show
Again if there is a sequel to the Muppet show I would like to be one of the old curmudgeons in the balcony. I love those guys.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#7)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
either beaker or swedish chef for me
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#8)
seagull_2005's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,182
BronzeStar
without calling names i have a LOT to say about railbirds,,,

specifically certain PSO players who go to certain other pso players tables and call them names such as pedophile, garbage, and many many other things....

but i cannot mention any names as this would be inflammatory.

i think that pso players that do this should have their tickets pulled for a while, just like you get a forum ban.

and if the behavior continues, pull thier ticket permanently.

it is unsportsmanlike conduct and should not be tolerated at all during league play by one pso player aganst another.

i call for a full senate investigation to find out the names of people that called other people pedophile and garbage, at table, and hunted them to do it, from observer chat, among other nasty things.

nuf sed.

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#9)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I call them railtards. They're part and parcel of online poker at whatever level you play. Either laugh at how immature they are, or if the abuse gets really heavy report them.

Of course another way of dealing with it is to produce an episode of the muppet show
JUST HOW DID YOU GET ALL THE CHAT SO THERE COULD BE A MUPPETS SHOW SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS OTHERS CAN POST THE CHAT THEN YOU ARE NOT JUST HEARING ONE SIDE OF A STORY
GLAD YOU HAD A NICE VACATION
GOOD LUCK BUT FROM YOUR SCORE LOOKS LIKE YOU DON'T NEED IT

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:47 PM
(#10)
seagull_2005's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,182
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Railbirds are fine,IMO. And by Railbirds I mean popping in to say "Hi" to friends,or watching good players,and one of my favorites is when it gets out thru the Grapevine that a fellow PSO'er is doing something good in a cash MTT to go root them on.

But the other side of the coin,stalking/harassing players?.......That's simply classeless,gutless and beyond the pale. And I have to disagree with you on one point Tariq---in my opinion NONE,not half,but NONE of the dirtbags who do this on-line would have the guts to do it in a live situation.



Again if there is a sequel to the Muppet show I would like to be one of the old curmudgeons in the balcony. I love those guys.

there is a sequel to the muppet show but sadly it too is gone from the air...

anyone remember Fraggle Rock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A55U...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZwA...eature=related

I love Fraggles.

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:01 PM
(#11)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
JUST HOW DID YOU GET ALL THE CHAT SO THERE COULD BE A MUPPETS SHOW SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS OTHERS CAN POST THE CHAT THEN YOU ARE NOT JUST HEARING ONE SIDE OF A STORY
GLAD YOU HAD A NICE VACATION
GOOD LUCK BUT FROM YOUR SCORE LOOKS LIKE YOU DON'T NEED IT

Just request a hand history. It's all on there. There's no escape from the truth.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:11 PM
(#12)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Just request a hand history. It's all on there. There's no escape from the truth.

SO IT IS VERY EASY

BUT IT HAS TO BE SOMEONE SITTING AT THE TABLE RIGHT

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION SO IF ANY BODY WAS HARASSED THEY SHOULD POST

IT EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS THEN MAYBE IT WILL STOP

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:21 PM
(#13)
sharkatack89's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 536
BronzeStar
Well, on the flip side. On-line rail birds, can't come to ya and ask for hand outs or ask to borrow money like in live casinos. -shark
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:26 PM
(#14)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Well, on the flip side. On-line rail birds, can't come to ya and ask for hand outs or ask to borrow money like in live casinos. -shark

LOL I LOVE THAT ONE



 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:41 PM
(#15)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Well, on the flip side. On-line rail birds, can't come to ya and ask for hand outs or ask to borrow money like in live casinos. -shark

Actually I had some dude I did'nt know from Adam hit me up for a dime back in early September so he could go play a .10 360 Turbo. I had just scored big in PSO in August so I shipped him the dime no hesistation. He proceeded to follow me around for like 4-5 days and got belligerent when I cut him off after shipping it 2 or 3 more times. Can't remember his name but thought it all a little sad on his part.
 
Old
Default
?? - Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:53 PM
(#16)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Actually I had some dude I did'nt know from Adam hit me up for a dime back in early September so he could go play a .10 360 Turbo. I had just scored big in PSO in August so I shipped him the dime no hesistation. He proceeded to follow me around for like 4-5 days and got belligerent when I cut him off after shipping it 2 or 3 more times. Can't remember his name but thought it all a little sad on his part.
hey mox-- sad on his part or successful-- how many others did he get a dime from?-- was he a pathetic beggar- perhaps-- was he a beggar that made money?? who knows-- volume dictates behavior, no-perhaps a politician-- we will never know--lmao-- my standard answer is- "hey dude- i like corn on the cob- do you?"
run deep - and sinn hard ---monk............
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com