Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Old
location - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Anyone get an answer why pokerstars only shows country, not city anymore????? seems like they arent serious about catching multi accounters..... also still cant chat in PSo games I not registered in... need buyin priv???? wtf I have the damn ticket

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Anyone get an answer why pokerstars only shows country, not city anymore????? seems like they arent serious about catching multi accounters..... also still cant chat in PSo games I not registered in... need buyin priv???? wtf I have the damn ticket
Maybe they want to instill a sense of nationalism. Maybe they ARE serious about catching multi-accounters, and are telling the amateur busy-bodies to mind their own beeswax by providing incomplete information.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I like the Country instead of City,was getting tired of looking u a place to find out that its the town over
and 4 guys are within 30 minutes of each other at a table.
Can see how the City thing might narrow it down but at the same time,this cracks down on people with false locations.

What I would like to see them add is a way to sort by location like you can with names in a tourney.
That would be sweet.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
(#4)
Quote:

That's something I just started thinking about viv-a-vis the country only BS,that it's gonna make ferreting out the multi-accounters harder. Kinda makes you wonder how seriously Stars takes this problem. And I hate the loss of the social aspects of knowing what town peeps were from as well.

Gotta be honest as I've told some of you "in person" or said here in the forum I'm one who swore I would never play on-line for any amount of money. I landed here by accident and have been glad to have stumbled onto this and am happy for alot of the cool peeps I have met here in PSO (even you Spongebob). The customer/player freindliness of this site really appealed to me. That is less true now than it was only a couple of short months ago and I,for one,really hope that this "slippage" is stopped and corrected sooner rather than later.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Multi accounting is not the only thing in play here.Its more of problem here,since most people
that are doing it are not money players.Soon as you play for real money they crack down on it.

Having the Country cracks down on collusion,which is more important to money players.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
why not have it exactly as you registered it...eg Murrysville Pennsylvania for me... make it locked by PS untill you prove that you have new address.....

Still waiting for the pso chat thing..... that really pisses me off, they have known for weeks about it and still nada done

Old
?? - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
well --= lets look at this in a purely business perspective-- how long before some idiot actually takes enough beats- that he finds out his nemesis is living down the road-- and pays him a visit--- that is out side the box thinking-- -- yet -- could it happen-- yes-- will it happen--- yes-- also - it makes it much harder for the average player to report suspicious behavior-- all that being said--- I believe pokerstars does its best to protect all players from harm-- be financial- and/physical-- as a derivation from the gaming oppotunity they provde-- sooner or later - a vicious incident will occur-- and the more distance the provider can reach- the better for them--

Also- before any one says anything about me being an advocate of anything above-- I am merely providing an avenue of thinking-- that if i was an attorney for pokerstars-- which i am not-- should clearly be investigated- as to fulfilling the wishes of its clients-- while also providing due diligence to all its' detractors - thus operating on a transparent and fair agenda- that agenda being, the results of any actions by the participants, not reflecting on the host .

please read the last sentence again -- and gl at the tables-- monk.....

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Oh yeah and Mox and Dirty I like you guys too.... you make me laugh, you guys are 2 of the reaasons I keep coming back lol

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
and you too joker

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:20 PM
(#10)
Don't think this change has any effect on catching multi-accounters one bit. You could change your city to anything you wanted. If anything it probably saves pstars time avoiding some email spam from everyone complaining about cheats anytime two people in the same city sit at their table

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:20 PM
(#11)
Quote:
and you too joker
i like 98-99% of the peeps here
only a few bad apples but what can you do

i liked knowing the town also i have met some new friends that live just down the road from me and no we don't collude or anything if someone is thinking that i'm just saying if it wasn't for that feature i wouldn'thave met some great people who live close enough to have a game with instead just seeing here

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
HMMMM biggest donk around drkillemquik location is () interesting

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 03:46 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Don't think this change has any effect on catching multi-accounters one bit. You could change your city to anything you wanted. If anything it probably saves pstars time avoiding some email spam from everyone complaining about cheats anytime two people in the same city sit at their table

I used to be able to scroll down the list of players in a tourney and pick up on name/town patterns. Now I just get dizzy reading (United States.)

Yes, the multi-accounters could change their locations to whatever they wanted, but most of them are too f'ing stupid to do so.

PStars isn't good at shutting down multi-accounters unless someone reports them. Once that happens, they're pretty quick.

Unless we're talking about MatArip, faizalariff, and faizalarifff... 'Cause 2 of those accounts generate rake, yet they are all the same person...

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#14)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I had emailed support soon after the city location change. This is a quote from their response :

"In the past, this would display the player's city, and now it is configured to display their country instead.

This change was done with the privacy of our players in mind and we are certain it will help in this regard."

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#15)
I don’t know why it was done but there is a nice by-product.

There is a separatist movement within Canada in the Province of Quebec. The Quebecois as they are know want to separate, but until they do they want to be a “Distinct society”.
They (Quebec) are the spoiled whiny little child of Canada.

By having “Canada” as there location, it will piss them off to no end. (Thank-you PS.)

Cheers

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
still no answer on why you cant chat in a PSO game if you are not registered in it.... I have the "buyin" ticket

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Oh yeah and Mox and Dirty I like you guys too.... you make me laugh, you guys are 2 of the reaasons I keep coming back lol
same here...and da sens fan's avatar...

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
still no answer on why you cant chat in a PSO game if you are not registered in it.... I have the "buyin" ticket
om guessing to avoid stalking and harrasment...not that youd be suspect of these things but you know how it goes...

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERDUGO77 View Post
om guessing to avoid stalking and harrasment...not that youd be suspect of these things but you know how it goes...
maybe.... and yeah that is not how I roll....but I would like to be able to stop and say hey to my buds...

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:

You can still find their city by going to their profile.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com