Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Carp_Steak

Old
Carp_Steak - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Has anyone else had this player at their table and notice anything odd about them?

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
remember the name.... but dont recall anything odd..... elaborate please lol

Old
?? - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#3)
if odd you mean is always sitting out-- then yes-- but thats not odd--

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I believe it is a bot.

He called down a 3bb raise preflop. A 1/2 pot bet post flop, another 1/2 pot bet after turn. Then with only 3 bb left. folded to a bet that was less than 1/10th pot, and would have left it with 15 chips. If you put all but 315 into a pot 25 minutes in, why fold with so little left?

After that fold, I watched its play more closely and noticed action was taken on the count of 0, 1, 2, fold on the 2 count (or call).

I'm not saying it bots every game, but it was very suspicious.

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 10:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Not another conspiracy theory...PLEASE!

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
no conspiracy. just observation. How does someone hit fold on the count every time?

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 06:07 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSDStar View Post
no conspiracy. just observation. How does someone hit fold on the count every time?
You've obviously never watched me.

Oh, but hold on. I forgot. I am a bot. And a multi accounter. And a cat burglar

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 12:48 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
You've obviously never watched me.

Oh, but hold on. I forgot. I am a bot. And a multi accounter. And a cat burglar
Is a cat burglar similar to a turd burglar?

And I'm a donk bot.

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSDStar View Post
I believe it is a bot.

He called down a 3bb raise preflop. A 1/2 pot bet post flop, another 1/2 pot bet after turn. Then with only 3 bb left. folded to a bet that was less than 1/10th pot, and would have left it with 15 chips. If you put all but 315 into a pot 25 minutes in, why fold with so little left?

After that fold, I watched its play more closely and noticed action was taken on the count of 0, 1, 2, fold on the 2 count (or call).

I'm not saying it bots every game, but it was very suspicious.
Was this a PSO?

Sounds like a classic case of ladder climbing. Saving some chips for another hand (or more if there's no antes) to finish higher.

As for how long he took to act each hand, this is pretty typical if you're paying attention to players.

I've tabled with Carp Steak many times both in PSO and outside in other Pokerstars MTT's, and never noticed anything "bot"-like.

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I've noticed that whenever I see him I automatically read his name as Crap_Steak.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com