Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

this happens every other hand or rather 75% of the time when i have AK

Old
this happens every other hand or rather 75% of the time when i have AK - Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
PokerStars Game #58137835198: Tournament #367874532, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2011/02/23 1:19:12 PT [2011/02/23 4:19:12 ET]
Table '367874532 4' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: lucky13119 (4300 in chips)
Seat 3: alex6556 (3122 in chips)
Seat 4: Abot23 (1195 in chips)
Seat 5: alien777 (2775 in chips)
Seat 6: gothicguy (7295 in chips)
Seat 7: jonnicash101 (6425 in chips)
Seat 8: NoNeedBackUp (1475 in chips)
Seat 9: Tazz70 (520 in chips)
alien777: posts small blind 75
gothicguy: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NoNeedBackUp [Ah Kh]
jonnicash101: raises 150 to 300
NoNeedBackUp: raises 1175 to 1475 and is all-in
Tazz70: folds
lucky13119: folds
alex6556: folds
Abot23: folds
alien777: folds
gothicguy: folds
jonnicash101: calls 1175
*** FLOP *** [7c Qd 2s]
*** TURN *** [7c Qd 2s] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [7c Qd 2s 9c] [8s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jonnicash101: shows [Jd Qs] (a pair of Queens)
NoNeedBackUp: shows [Ah Kh] (high card Ace)
jonnicash101 collected 3175 from pot
NoNeedBackUp finished the tournament in 23rd place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3175 | Rake 0
Board [7c Qd 2s 9c 8s]
Seat 1: lucky13119 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: alex6556 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Abot23 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: alien777 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: gothicguy (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: jonnicash101 showed [Jd Qs] and won (3175) with a pair of Queens
Seat 8: NoNeedBackUp showed [Ah Kh] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 9: Tazz70 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

9 sit and goes and no cash...

I lose when i have AK and when im desperately in need of chips I shove or call, i run into AK and lose...

I don't get it

I never reraise or call with QJ or KQ...

I see way too many of them calling with losing hands. They prolly don't know that they're losing, careless about what I have, they probably don't know that they're lucky

Goddamn this SUCKS

I had AK today and i won with it just once.

I took a bad beat with lower kicker Ace or lower high cards or small pairs calling all ins from AK AQ with 88... ...

I just never can win since i made final table back to back 6 weeks ago(won 800 dollars in total with $5)

i feel like pokerstars is just preventing me from being sucessful... ...

my february ITM % is like 16% but then now since i got knocked out in 9 Sit and Goes taking bad beats left and right... its prolly gonna go down GREATLY

I don't get it.

like i said i NEVER reraise all-in with something less than AK... and donks do it against me when i raise all the time and i always lose.

in the other hand... when im desperately in need of chips after playing 3 hands out of maybe 40 hands(playing tight tight aggressive) total, and i shove with marginal hand just to run into AK that i NEVER WIN WITH.

phuck

i get scoled at work by elders every phucking day, im stressed out. i have no money and i can't afford college, i need to work to help out my family(IM NOT MARRIED AND IM ONLY 23)

life SUCKS i hate it.

i want to be a sucessful poker player but i feel like im lost in an endless pit

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 05:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Many players will play loose aggressive against much smaller chip stacks, so jonnicash's play doesn't surprise me considering his bad rating.. Unless someone's been shoving drek all day or extremely shortstacked calling an all-in with qjo for over 25% of one's stack seems foolhardy to me, But now you know a fish you should be able to take down in future confrontations.

Last edited by autodafe20; Wed Feb 23, 2011 at 05:58 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 05:54 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I usually play a little bit loose and very aggressively(not reraise with bottom pair aggressive but with reasonable good hands and semi bluffing)

through playing tons of sit and goes lately im adopting a new gear "TAG" style of play...(tight aggressive)

so im able to switch gears back and forth but jesus ....... yeah i know

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
9 SNG's isn't all that many really, and I never heard of loose agressive being a solid sng strategy. It is however, a good way to hit a MTT final table if your running very lucky. Your results seem fairly logical to me.

You know, if it is really causing you so much distress, you could always transfer the money to me. That way you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore...

Or you could take a break and clear your head a bit.

I've got a new thread going about emotion control in the Team Pokerstars Online Q&A section. They haven't responded yet, but if/when they do it may be worth checking out.

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
no no i mean i learned to play the LAG style playing in a lot of MTT and now im adopting and developing new strat to play TAG as im playing a lot of SNG

it's good practice i think

now i know when to fold

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedBackUp View Post
no no i mean i learned to play the LAG style playing in a lot of MTT and now im adopting and developing new strat to play TAG as im playing a lot of SNG

it's good practice i think

now i know when to fold
Yeah TAG is the way to go with SNG's, especially if you play more than one at a time. Although, if you play only one at a time maybe you can play a little bit more loose aggressive.

Hope you have better luck in the future, you should! Everyone is going to run bad playing SNG's at somepoint, even if you play perfectly.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com