Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Sunday Million Celebration - $5,000,000 Guarantee

Old
Sunday Million Celebration - $5,000,000 Guarantee - Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Have you guys heard about the Sunday Million on March 6th? It's the fifth anniversary of the Sunday Million, and PS is putting up a guaranteed five million dollars, plus other prizes, to pump up the event. I know the $215 entry fee is pretty steep for most, but there are plenty of satellites feeding in.

It seems like it'll be a pretty great event, and I think I'll try satelliting in. I'd like to hear what the rest of the forum thinks about the event, and if anyone is planning on entering.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
wow, sounds great I will try to satty in to get a ticket , then promptly cash it out

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Dang, you guys are quicker than me this morning. Turn $1 into $1 Million!!!!

Check out the details here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...y-anniversary/

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 10:11 AM
(#4)
I just did the mental math, and I think PS must be expecting at least 25,000 players in the thing, because, deducting entry fees, I'm pretty sure that's how many they'd need to pay off the prize pool. And that's not even including the car. It's like three WSOP Main Events rolled into one, and then some. PS certainly isn't lacking in ambition.

I love practicing navigation of large fields, and this looks like a rare opportunity. If I can afford it, I'm thinking I might just straight up have some of my spare cash cover this one.

Sorry to steal your thunder, ericnnancy.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Thu Feb 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
Dang, you guys are quicker than me this morning. Turn $1 into $1 Million!!!!

Check out the details here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...y-anniversary/
Wow, just look at this satty. 1 hour to complete w/ 1000 seats on the line. It's going to be a crazy tourney. For those who enjoy a slower paced tourney. Try the 100 seat guarantee'd on the Saturday prior to Sunday Million. This is the one I'll be trying for. Tho, if I get lucky enough to win the tix. I may once again, just cash it out. I need a sat that forces me to buy in to Sunday Million. Just too big a buy in for me to justify. Not to mention the field size and strength. We'll have to see. She yall there. GL to ya Paniky, and Eric. -shark

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
wow, sounds great I will try to satty in to get a ticket , then promptly cash it out

If you dont have the balls to win big or go home then why even play poker? maybe you should play solitaire instead? no offense but playing 25 cent sngs your whole life will get you no where....

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#7)
Cashing out the small profits instead of risking them on longshots isn't bad. It might not get televised commentators saying your name very often, but it can still yield profits. And I have heard of people playing satellites professionally. I don't know any personally, but it's doable.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
If you dont have the balls to win big or go home then why even play poker? maybe you should play solitaire instead? no offense but playing 25 cent sngs your whole life will get you no where....
who the hell are you? and what do you know of me? ohh thats right your the guy who lost $60 in 34 sitngoes lol go troll elsewhere

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
There's this thing called bankroll management...

Read up on it sometime, then try again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

which is all fine and dandy but if you win a sunday mil ticket why not shoot for the moon? i mean its not like the 215 came outa your wallets, you won a sat for god sakes use the ticket

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

Quote:
which is all fine and dandy but if you win a sunday mil ticket why not shoot for the moon? i mean its not like the 215 came outa your wallets, you won a sat for god sakes use the ticket
I have some sympathy with this opinion. There's nothing wrong with making the odd exception. You're most unlikely to make a really big score unless you do.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hey eric, I understand where ya coming from. But, might want to tone down you're post just a tad. I'm just recalling when you told me to get a job, cuz my girl supported me during my poker re-start. I was a little put off by that post also. Just let it slide cause some ppl are just like that. You have no idea of the history between my girl and I. So, making blanket remarks will only get you burnt in this forum. I'm just sayin.... As for the Go Big, or Go Home. ( I love that saying) I for one am also going to cash a tix whenever possible. I'd cash a WSOP main event tix if they'd let me. I understand your desire to win big. I admire it, and hope you can realize your dreams. But, to belittle some one for showing good bankroll management skills will only get you criticism on the forums. I for one would need a 20K playing bankroll on stars alone to attempt to take regular shots at the Sunday Million. Not saying I won't try to sat in sometimes. I'm trying for the one on the 6th as, that would be cool. But, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars of my hard earned bank roll on a long shot. Shoot, if I win a tix, I may just cash it out also. Play more 40K daily. Don't know yet. Good thing they don't let you cash out WSOP main event tix. So, that will force me to win the millions. Good Luck to ya, and nothing I said to you was out of spite or meant to be hurtful. Just wanted to let you know how I felt. -shark

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Hey eric, I understand where ya coming from. But, might want to tone down you're post just a tad. I'm just recalling when you told me to get a job, cuz my girl supported me during my poker re-start. I was a little put off by that post also. Just let it slide cause some ppl are just like that. You have no idea of the history between my girl and I. So, making blanket remarks will only get you burnt in this forum. I'm just sayin.... As for the Go Big, or Go Home. ( I love that saying) I for one am also going to cash a tix whenever possible. I'd cash a WSOP main event tix if they'd let me. I understand your desire to win big. I admire it, and hope you can realize your dreams. But, to belittle some one for showing good bankroll management skills will only get you criticism on the forums. I for one would need a 20K playing bankroll on stars alone to attempt to take regular shots at the Sunday Million. Not saying I won't try to sat in sometimes. I'm trying for the one on the 6th as, that would be cool. But, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars of my hard earned bank roll on a long shot. Shoot, if I win a tix, I may just cash it out also. Play more 40K daily. Don't know yet. Good thing they don't let you cash out WSOP main event tix. So, that will force me to win the millions. Good Luck to ya, and nothing I said to you was out of spite or meant to be hurtful. Just wanted to let you know how I felt. -shark
touche buddy....sorry

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2010
I will try and win a tix maybe 2
But to all the guys who cash em , well done for winning it in the 1st place
If I win 1 its debatable if I cash it or not
Thinking about it I probably would
Maybe not , might make a name for myself lol

It's a worry

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
I will try and win a tix maybe 2
But to all the guys who cash em , well done for winning it in the 1st place
If I win 1 its debatable if I cash it or not
Thinking about it I probably would
Maybe not , might make a name for myself lol

It's a worry
Give me worry's like that any day of the week. Twice on sunday's please.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Cashed my $11 satty ticket out because I have to work on the 6th. Might run at it another 10 times to see if I can hit again or break even. It's a freeroll for me now.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
I'd cash a WSOP main event tix if they'd let me.
If you win a seat to the ME through PokerStars, you won't have to. They deposit the cash into your account and it is up to you to withdraw it, take it to Vegas, and register to play. This is the only way they can do it because Harrahs doesn't accept any 3rd party registrations. At least they haven't the last few years. Until industry regulations come into US law, they're not likely too either.

Regarding this promo, I applaud good bankroll management, one of the biggest causes of otherwise good players failing at poker is bad bankroll management. But if you are going to take the occasional shot via a satty success at the bigger target tournament, a special promo like this one that figures to have great added value, makes a lot of sense. Don't forget you don't have to wait for satties to this special Sunday Million to take your shot... any old satty can work towards your effort, as you can always unregister from a seat you win and take the T$'s to put towards the Sunday Mil entry or additional satties..

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
screw the dollar entry fee for the satellites... they also got a 100 FPP satelite... i done got 93 fpp this month... i was saving up for that cool security key (costs 3500 fpp for a bronze star) but i may just hit the cash tables, win a bit of change, and then use the 100 fpp....

Hey.. it could happen.... someone is gonna win that car.

bet ya they all come, negranuea, cada, joe hachem, hell i bet isuldur even be playing,and fossil man and moneymaker.... man this is gonna bring em all out of the woodwork.

hail ya!!!!!

and dont forget to drop by and see episode 3-a lotta bad words and off color refrences though...its definitely rated 18 and over. if ya like it then hit the "like"button and subscribe, and if ya dont like it then leave a nasty comment, or better yet, your own video repsonse.

see ya there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHV-L..._order&list=UL

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I won a $2.20 satty to the sunday 1/4 mill yesterday.... I will play more to get more tickets hopefully... if I dont by sunday I will cash it. I have no prob playing it for a "shot" but when I get called a chicken and why am I playing poker.... it will ruffle my sponge

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Don't forget you don't have to wait for satties to this special Sunday Million to take your shot... any old satty can work towards your effort, as you can always unregister from a seat you win and take the T$'s to put towards the Sunday Mil entry or additional satties..
aweseome idea... wish i had thunk of it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com