Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Shafted By The River, AGAIN.......

Old
Shafted By The River, AGAIN....... - Thu Feb 24, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
PokerStars Game #58202829649: Tournament #366081241, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (40/80) - 2011/02/24 15:43:48 WET [2011/02/24 10:43:48 ET]
Table '366081241 186' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: d0nKKKKKKKKK (4430 in chips)
Seat 2: Toonarmy1566 (3000 in chips)
Seat 3: AAligator33 (11450 in chips)
Seat 4: panos71 (9610 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: Tebby47 (6154 in chips)
Seat 6: canarioa (2280 in chips)
Tebby47: posts small blind 40
canarioa: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Toonarmy1566 [7c Qc]
d0nKKKKKKKKK: folds
Toonarmy1566: calls 80
AAligator33: folds
panos71: folds
Tebby47: calls 40
canarioa: raises 400 to 480
Toonarmy1566: calls 400
Tebby47: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Qd Th 7d]
Tebby47: checks
canarioa: bets 560
Toonarmy1566: raises 1960 to 2520 and is all-in
Tebby47: calls 2520
canarioa: calls 1240 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [Qd Th 7d] [Ks]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Th 7d Ks] [8s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Tebby47: shows [9d 6d] (a straight, Six to Ten)
Toonarmy1566: shows [7c Qc] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)
Tebby47 collected 1440 from side pot
canarioa: shows [Qs Ah] (a pair of Queens)
Tebby47 collected 6840 from main pot
Toonarmy1566 finished the tournament in 1197th place
canarioa finished the tournament in 1198th place
aristotle-us is connected
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8280 Main pot 6840. Side pot 1440. | Rake 0
Board [Qd Th 7d Ks 8s]
Seat 1: d0nKKKKKKKKK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Toonarmy1566 showed [7c Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sevens
Seat 3: AAligator33 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: panos71 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Tebby47 (small blind) showed [9d 6d] and won (8280) with a straight, Six to Ten
Seat 6: canarioa (big blind) showed [Qs Ah] and lost with a pair of Queens
The Programme Is 100% Tweaked For Certain Hands To Lose.....................This Isn`t The First Time Today And Probably Wont Be The Last...Its Just So Fcn Annoying

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
(#2)
Okay where do I begin here? Toon you need to STOP basing everything off short term results (i.e.-what happens in ANY individual hand) and START focusing on your descisions. YOU chose to call off 13% of YOUR stack pre-flop in a hand in which you had NOTHING invested before you chose to make that call,with Q7s. That's simply terrible and you have nothing to complain about in this hand after making that play,I don't care what happens on the river. If you choose to play bingo then don't complain about another bingo player getting luckier than you.

And even though you have Q7s to Tebby47's 96s here because your Q is essentially dead as a drawing card to any kind of pair ot set hit because of canarioa's AQo you're behind Tebby's hand even pre-flop.....

Tebby47 9d 6d 35%
canarioa Ah Qs 44%
YOU Qc 7c 20%

That's the odds you chose to put yourself up against when you called of 400 chips with Qc 7c. If Tebby had folded here the odds would have been: canarioa Ah Qs 70% YOU 28% 2% Tie

Would we be seeing a post of this hand about how lucky you got when Q7 flopped had that been the case?

Now after the flop both of them made terrible calls on your shove,no argument. This is where they both made a loose play. If I'm in the hand and you shove over the top there (this is all conjecture made on this hand alone tho,I don't know what kind of profile you had shown on this table up to this point--tho if you had showndown with a hand or 2 like the one you played here it's going to be a loose one and the range of what THEY'LL call you with expands). I'm canarioa and you come over top of me like that (again depending on what kind of range you had shown previously) then I'm putting you on a set of 10's or 7's or possibly even Q10,all of which suck for me and I go away at that point. Tebby's call on a flush and a gutbuster draw gives him 12 outs so I can see his call seeing as he does'nt bust out here if he misses and KO's both of you and gets a big chip up if he hits.

Here's the odds post flop BTW: Tebby 9d 6d 45% canarioa Ah Qs 13% YOU Qc 7c 41%

That's right Toon,you were ahead at the time the chips went into the middle but you WERE NOT the favorite to win the hand.

Now if it makes you feel better here are the %'s after the turn: Tebby 9d 6d 29% canarioa Ah Qs 21% YOU Qc 7c 50%

Now 2 things here yes at this point you became the favorite to win the hand but you were still only 50/50 to do so. That is NOT a bad beat Toon. And it's really almost pointless to even post the odds after the turn anyway because as far as any descision making goes the hand was over at that point and you are all just helpless victims to the cruel whims of the Poker Gods.

You CANNOT control the results in this game once you take any of the skill out of it. When all your chips go in the middle you have done exactly that. You may have been ahead in the hand when you did that,but it was'nt by nearly as much as you thought you were I imagine,and indeed one of the other players was more likely to have a winning outcome than were you,and in fact that is exactly what happened.

Not doing any of this to upbraid you or anything like that Toon. Always have enjoyed table banter and whatnot with you and I certainly make no claims at being any kind of stud at this myself. But even I can see this play for what it is and I also know that you respond that you mainly play here because you enjoy it. But when you constantly post hands here intimating that you've been ripped off somehow I have to wonder just what level of enjoyment you're really deriving from this game and have to think that if you would improve your descision making process (if I can do it ANYONE can) then your level of enjoyment would increase.

For one thing you would deprive derekandclancy of much of his ammunition against you........

Gotta think that alone would hold a certain attraction for you.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Thu Feb 24, 2011 at 08:40 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com