Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Everyday Idols

Old
Everyday Idols - Thu Feb 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I just sat next to a guy while playing a $5 MTT who was doing pretty well. He and I were pretty much neck-and-neck for table lead (funny how often I get chips leads but don't cash) I eventually looked up what tables he was at, and I saw that he was tabling four at once, including a rebuy where he was in the top 5 out of a pretty big field. I looked him up on oprankings, and the guy has made about $30,000 online, and is rated in the top 99th percentile of players online.

Sadly, he took two consecutive harsh beats and then went out in a straight-over-straight confrontation, but it was pretty great to have seen the guy play. I just hope that I can someday be like that, and make a nice amount of money playing poker.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Thu Feb 24, 2011 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: garmmars

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 11:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I took a second look, and those were the guy's winning at PS alone. He apparently started playing at PS ten months ago, and has quickly increased his winnings every month. Most of his $30,000 were made in the past four months. Crazy.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 11:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I took a second look, and those were the guy's winning at PS alone. He apparently started playing at PS ten months ago, and has quickly increased his winnings every month. Most of his $30,000 were made in the past four months. Crazy.
Sigh, I want to be that guy. -shark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com