Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Donks costing me major $$

Old
Default
Donks costing me major $$ - Thu Feb 24, 2011, 08:40 PM
(#1)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
There goes 15+ points

PokerStars Game #58233324876: Tournament #360452976, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/02/24 20:36:49 ET
Table '360452976 37' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta (1535 in chips)
Seat 2: wegetmoney23 (3745 in chips)
Seat 3: ken1211 (2122 in chips)
Seat 4: kansasken (1611 in chips)
Seat 5: rhonesty71 (3223 in chips)
Seat 6: Zengetsu (2290 in chips)
Seat 7: CodigoB (1250 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: undire (960 in chips)
Seat 9: PresBruno (1986 in chips)
undire: posts small blind 50
PresBruno: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PresBruno [As Ad]
Kinda Sorta: folds
wegetmoney23: raises 200 to 300
ken1211 has timed out
ken1211: folds
ken1211 is sitting out
kansasken: folds
ken1211 has returned
rhonesty71: calls 300
Zengetsu: folds
CodigoB: folds
undire: folds
PresBruno: raises 1686 to 1986 and is all-in
wegetmoney23: raises 1759 to 3745 and is all-in
rhonesty71: folds
Uncalled bet (1759) returned to wegetmoney23
*** FLOP *** [Th 2h 2s]
PresBruno said, "good fold"
PresBruno said, "OMG"
PresBruno said, "come on"
*** TURN *** [Th 2h 2s] [Ks]
PresBruno said, "NO"
*** RIVER *** [Th 2h 2s Ks] [3h]
PresBruno said, "NONONONo"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PresBruno: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
wegetmoney23: shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Deuces)
PresBruno said, "YOU DONK"
wegetmoney23 collected 4322 from pot
PresBruno finished the tournament in 929th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4322 | Rake 0
Board [Th 2h 2s Ks 3h]
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: wegetmoney23 showed [Tc Ts] and won (4322) with a full house, Tens full of Deuces
Seat 3: ken1211 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: kansasken folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: rhonesty71 folded before Flop
Seat 6: Zengetsu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: CodigoB (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: undire (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: PresBruno (big blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Deuces
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
(#2)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
There goes 15+ points

PokerStars Game #58233324876: Tournament #360452976, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/02/24 20:36:49 ET
Table '360452976 37' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta (1535 in chips)
Seat 2: wegetmoney23 (3745 in chips)
Seat 3: ken1211 (2122 in chips)
Seat 4: kansasken (1611 in chips)
Seat 5: rhonesty71 (3223 in chips)
Seat 6: Zengetsu (2290 in chips)
Seat 7: CodigoB (1250 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: undire (960 in chips)
Seat 9: PresBruno (1986 in chips)
undire: posts small blind 50
PresBruno: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PresBruno [As Ad]
Kinda Sorta: folds
wegetmoney23: raises 200 to 300
ken1211 has timed out
ken1211: folds
ken1211 is sitting out
kansasken: folds
ken1211 has returned
rhonesty71: calls 300
Zengetsu: folds
CodigoB: folds
undire: folds
PresBruno: raises 1686 to 1986 and is all-in
wegetmoney23: raises 1759 to 3745 and is all-in
rhonesty71: folds
Uncalled bet (1759) returned to wegetmoney23
*** FLOP *** [Th 2h 2s]
PresBruno said, "good fold"
PresBruno said, "OMG"
PresBruno said, "come on"
*** TURN *** [Th 2h 2s] [Ks]
PresBruno said, "NO"
*** RIVER *** [Th 2h 2s Ks] [3h]
PresBruno said, "NONONONo"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PresBruno: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
wegetmoney23: shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Deuces)
PresBruno said, "YOU DONK"
wegetmoney23 collected 4322 from pot
PresBruno finished the tournament in 929th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4322 | Rake 0
Board [Th 2h 2s Ks 3h]
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: wegetmoney23 showed [Tc Ts] and won (4322) with a full house, Tens full of Deuces
Seat 3: ken1211 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: kansasken folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: rhonesty71 folded before Flop
Seat 6: Zengetsu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: CodigoB (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: undire (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: PresBruno (big blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Deuces
So... where's the donk play?

Except for believing Aces are unbeatable, I see nothing donkish about this hand.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#3)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Please move this to the whiny little brat section mods. Thank you.

And ssugs,love ya man but terrible hand analysis here..............

ANY hand that Pres is involved in has a donk play default feature involved.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#4)
1_ STR8RZR's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 76
BronzeStar
Stuff happens! None are immune.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 10:59 PM
(#5)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
Shoving 10's when one has a large chip stack=VERY donkish.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 12:17 AM
(#6)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
The one-hand transcript doesn't show everything. If the player has seen you play and believes you might be one to overplay your hand, they would call the pre flop. By the same token, you should have considered your opponents. Did this player have a tendency to call, even if the bet was heavy? If so, you shouldn't have risked more than a pot bet to see the flop. Considering the flop, the other player would come out heavy enough to let you know they caught a trip.


Once the flop came up, you were dead meat.


As to the term "donk," not warranted. By betting half the stake with a Group Two hand, the player had a chance to eliminate one player and increase their stake by better than fifty percent. Sounds like the player made a gutsy play. It payed off this time.

Based on my statistics, for my play, AA has a batting average of 870. Pocket tens, around 600. Would I do it? I doubt it. Though I would love to know how many hands this player saw you play at this table. If I thought you had a tendency to over value your hand, I might call.

And need I remind you that if AA have a winning percentage of 87%, then there is a 13% probability of loosing. Based on your comments, methinks you knew you were busted. Take your lumps and move onward to the next game.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 12:26 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
How are you not chat banned?
All I hear is you are very abusive at the tables,pretty much all I know about you.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#8)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
First of all, you give them FAR too much credit... only a few hundred people in this league have any sense of poker or any intelligence to read that. Secondly, I am a VERY tight player and anyone who sees me play knows that I RARELY over-bet my hand or bluff. I wait for premium hands and then I make power plays. I did not want to lose a double up opportunity post-flop so I figured a shove would get rid of one of the raisers and make it an easy win for me.

He was risking half his stack on 10's not even halfway through the field. That's very donkish. I even advertise how I play. At that stage I will ONLY pre-flop all-in on AA or KK... that's it. If I had anything weaker I would of folded. I might of seen flop on Queens, MAYBE...
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 12:57 AM
(#9)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
There's also such a thing as implied odds. The crap you talk at the table puts a bulls-eye squarely on your back and anyone who has ever tabled with you and seen one of your whiny little bitch fests when you bust may very well be tempted to shove almost anything at you just because the temptation of busting you and laughing when you cry like a 5 year old is too good to pass up.

I have no fear in imparting this to you as I firmly believe that you are too much of a little twerp to change your behavior so this will continue.

Just can't wait for the next episode of "As the Pres Burns".
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 01:50 AM
(#10)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,801
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Secondly, I am a VERY tight player and anyone who sees me play knows that I RARELY over-bet my hand or bluff. I wait for premium hands and then I make power plays.
If playing ace/rag offsuit out of position with a large raise is tight, then you qualify. You've done that almost a dozen times at my table.... and only been at my table a small number of times.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#11)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Please move this to the whiny little brat section mods. Thank you.

And ssugs,love ya man but terrible hand analysis here..............

ANY hand that Pres is involved in has a donk play default feature involved.
Very true. I was referring to the play of his opponents.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#12)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Shoving 10's when one has a large chip stack=VERY donkish.
Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you're a sore loser?
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#13)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Donks are costing you the $5 I was gonna ship you when you took 1st this month. That's a shame..

Again, anyone want to bet against me?
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 04:05 AM
(#14)
Ace King 61's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Donks are costing you the $5 I was gonna ship you when you took 1st this month. That's a shame..

Again, anyone want to bet against me?
ROFLMBFAO.....
 
Old
Default
?? - Fri Feb 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#15)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
if you had won that race- we would not be hearing about it !! if you had the 10s- raced aces and won- we would not be hearing about it !! cant handle losing races- stop racing--no????????/
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#16)
Murdoch25's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
There's also such a thing as implied odds. The crap you talk at the table puts a bulls-eye squarely on your back and anyone who has ever tabled with you and seen one of your whiny little bitch fests when you bust may very well be tempted to shove almost anything at you just because the temptation of busting you and laughing when you cry like a 5 year old is too good to pass up.

I have no fear in imparting this to you as I firmly believe that you are too much of a little twerp to change your behavior so this will continue.

Just can't wait for the next episode of "As the Pres Burns".
LMAO, loving your comments Moxie, well put., i've played with him once and all he did was whine and call the mod.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#17)
bahmani381's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Shoving 10's when one has a large chip stack=VERY donkish.
wow last week maybe 10 days i pushed my As with large chip stack and you pushed your 10s and out you go and you called me a donk.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#18)
Noevo's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 85
BronzeStar
Really is a shame that someone of your humility and grace busted. I mean, when you've been at tables with me it's non-stop bs towards me for no good reason, what's not to love about that. Again, crying damn shame...

It's also a shame that none of the rest of us or those in the top ten have to put up with any kind of donk plays, man it's like the whole world is against ya!!!


PS was also funny watching you call the guy with AA a donk for beating your AK lol

Last edited by Noevo; Fri Feb 25, 2011 at 03:30 PM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#19)
Drew300's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 199
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
First of all, you give them FAR too much credit... only a few hundred people in this league have any sense of poker or any intelligence to read that. Secondly, I am a VERY tight player and anyone who sees me play knows that I RARELY over-bet my hand or bluff. I wait for premium hands and then I make power plays. I did not want to lose a double up opportunity post-flop so I figured a shove would get rid of one of the raisers and make it an easy win for me.

He was risking half his stack on 10's not even halfway through the field. That's very donkish. I even advertise how I play. At that stage I will ONLY pre-flop all-in on AA or KK... that's it. If I had anything weaker I would of folded. I might of seen flop on Queens, MAYBE...

All I can say is suck it up princess!!!!! Thats poker!!!! Now if he did that with 4 2 os. then you can call it a donkish play!!!.. As Dave says. This is just a cooler hand...
Move on to the next game!!!
Drew300
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 25, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#20)
JT_Sooooted's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,407
BronzeStar
Pres was at my table in the noon game. This dude is absolutely rude and ignorant. All you had to do was call when I raised bro and you could have seen the flop you limped in to see. However, while I am ahead. I am raising. Know that...............the after getting knocked out and calling everyone at the table a DONK. This guy goes on and on after being eliminated. This my friend is why people call you with nothing or crap hands as you say it. They simply DON'T like you or your mouthy ways. You may want to look in the mirror. I promise you, you aren't a better player then I and if you care to prove me wrong. I will sit with you anytime, anywhere. I have never witnessed what I did today with you at my table. You bring up a bankroll and look me up. I would be more then happy to take it from you.

JT
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com