Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Frequently Asked Questions by New Players.

Old
Exclamation
Frequently Asked Questions by New Players. - Fri Feb 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#1)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
This thread is being created as a reference for new players.
This first post will be edited periodically as an index to questions and answers posted in the thread. I will put all questions here, then I will reference them to any post in this thread that pertains to it.
Please keep questions and answers positive and friendly. If you are answering a FAQ, please put both the q & a in the post. You can use links to other threads on a subject as well.

Thank you everyone for your help and support.



FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:


1. Deleted - no longer applies

2. What is the difference between FPP's and VPP's? How do I earn VPP's?


Here is a link to the info on VPP's. This link can be found by going into the cashier and clicking on vip status, then click on the blue link there.
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/
------------------------------------------
Please also look at post #3 here, below in this thread.
------------------------------------------

3. Are there any tips for using the forum? How do I fix the clock?...How do I see threads I've written in?....etc.

I am writing a compilation post right now w/ tips..if you have something I could use, please pm me...I'd rather put as much in one post as possible.
----------------------------
PLEASE SEE POST #4 HERE BELOW.
----------------------------

4. Is there any way I can see the answers to questions on a quiz I took?

No, answers are not available for viewing. Please ask the forum if you have any areas that you're uncertain of.

......
Best o' luck!
Dan

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Jul 23, 2012 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: adding q & a's
 
Old
Default
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#2)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Just a reminder, if you see frequently asked questions by new players, or have answers or links to relative threads, please either pm me or post them here. I'll be trying to add a bunch more soon.
Thanks everyone.
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:40 PM
(#3)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Question:

What is the difference between FPPS and VPPS?

Answer:

FPPS and VPPS are earned by playing on PokerStars. The difference is that FPPS can be used as the entry fee for many of the games, and can be accumulated to purchase merchandise from PokerStars. Unless used, the FPPS will continue to accrue to your account.

VPPS are earned through cash play on the site. The amount of VPPS is determined by the fee charged in tournaments, and will be based on the cost listed after the + symbol. As an example, a tournament showing a cost of $1.00 + .10 will earn 0.55 VPPS. In ring games, the amount of VPPS earned is based on the rake, which is the fee charged for any pot exceeding 20 cents.

VPPS are reset on the first of every month. This means a player must earn 20 VPPS every month if they intend remaining an active player in the following month. To clarify, a player earning 20 VPPS in January will become an active player in February. To remain an active player, you must earn another 20 VPPS in February for March.



Question:

How do I check my VPPS status?

Answer:

From the main lobboy of PokerStars, go to the menu option "Cashier." Scroll down the list to "VIP Status." The first line will show you how many VPPS you have earned during the current month. If this number is equal to, or greater than, 20, you will be active in the next month.
-------------------------------------
Thank you Cairn Destop for this info.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 05:18 PM
(#4)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
These are some tips for forum use. Not the home page....just the forum.

Let's start at the home page of the forum.
Starting at the top, any forum page will give you the website's tabs at the top and the quick link pictures just below...so you can navigate to anywhere from the forum.
On the right, just below the picture links, you see the red welcome box. This box is an easy way to see your profile, blog, and messages. In the profile, you'll see your score/rank. If you just click on one of those, it takes you to your position on the leader-board and stats. Then you can click on the full leader-board from there if need be.

The gray tabs to the left of the red welcome box have many useful features.
The "Go to" tab starts the drop menu with settings.
The settings of login & privacy are self explanatory.
The next setting is for messaging & notification. Below the "receive emails" section, look at the Default Subscription Thread Mode setting. This is where you can subscribe to a thread. I only use the "through my control panel only" option, but if you wish to receive emails or not subscribe, you can do it here. This option allows you to see a small yellow box in any thread that you've posted in, so you can have a quick reference to where you've visited. I imagine some are still seeing a purple color once this is selected too..however I no longer see the color change. (There will be a place, we'll discuss later, where you can isolate and bring up only the posts you subscribe to.)
Just below here are the settings for Private Messaging and they're pretty self explanatory. Just one suggestion though...the last one...Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up..is pretty good to have checked. This will give you a small pop-up window, when you change pages in the forum, that alerts you to a new message in your inbox. It just helps to keep replies to pm's timely.

Got to run now, but again, if you have some input for tips, please pm them to me and I will be working on this some more...lot to go through...
The next section, "thread display options," I want to get some clarification on so we'll stop here. Most of it is pretty self explanatory, but just a couple things to investigate.
 
Old
Default
basic quiz - Wed May 04, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#5)
mistergoji's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 2
BronzeStar
hi! i just taken the basic quiz, after answering the last question --- blank ---- didnt know whats next ... how do i know i pass or do i have to take the quiz again ???
 
Old
Default
Wed May 04, 2011, 10:19 PM
(#6)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Welcome to the league.
When you finished the quiz, it should have given you your final score an said whether you passed or not. You may have timed out.
If you try to retake the quiz, what does it say?
 
Old
Default
Fri May 06, 2011, 01:45 AM
(#7)
mistergoji's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 2
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Welcome to the league.
When you finished the quiz, it should have given you your final score an said whether you passed or not. You may have timed out.
If you try to retake the quiz, what does it say?
tnx, i retake the quiz instead and passed the quiz .........

just now i take the SNG QUIZ, i also passed the quiz, where can i see may 5 tickets ???
 
Old
Default
Fri May 06, 2011, 09:41 AM
(#8)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
You have to make a deposit to get the tickets. Here is all the info.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Quiz-Promotion
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 07:01 AM
(#9)
spike8998's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 853
Question:

How do I check my VPPS status?

Answer:

From the main lobboy of PokerStars, go to the menu option "Cashier." Scroll down the list to "VIP Status." The first line will show you how many VPPS you have earned during the current month. If this number is equal to, or greater than, 20, you will be active in the next month.
-------------------------------------
Thank you Cairn Destop for this info.[/QUOTE]

In the main POKERSTARS lobby , top left underneath Pokerstars you have players online - tables
Underneath this should be your vip status bar , just click on it and in another pop-up window will tell you how many vpp's you have earned this month/year etc etc
 
Old
Default
Premier league and VPP's - Sun Jul 17, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#10)
signsix's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 73
SilverStar
Hi I just wanted to know.

Since I didnt play last month I will not get the opportunity no matter how far I get to get this month?

Also, I earned over 150 VPP's this month but they dont register till next month so any prizes I win this month will be in the -20 VPP's?

Thanks,
 
Old
Default
Sun Jul 17, 2011, 03:11 AM
(#11)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Hi I just wanted to know.

Since I didnt play last month I will not get the opportunity no matter how far I get to get this month?

Also, I earned over 150 VPP's this month but they dont register till next month so any prizes I win this month will be in the -20 VPP's?

Thanks,

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "I WILL NOT GET THE OPPORTUNITY " ???

 
Old
Default
Mon Jul 18, 2011, 08:01 AM
(#12)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
As long as you got your VPPs and are in the top 1500 you will qualify for the Premier League in August. Your winnings for this month will only be for the less than 20VPP bracket.

TC
 
Old
Default
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#13)
LuckyBoy_Ovi's Avatar
Since: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
This thread is being created as a reference for new players.
This first post will be edited periodically as an index to questions and answers posted in the thread. I will put all questions here, then I will reference them to any post in this thread that pertains to it.
Please keep questions and answers positive and friendly. If you are answering a FAQ, please put both the q & a in the post. You can use links to other threads on a subject as well.

Thank you everyone for your help and support.



FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:


1. Deleted - no longer applies

2. What is the difference between FPP's and VPP's? How do I earn VPP's?


Here is a link to the info on VPP's. This link can be found by going into the cashier and clicking on vip status, then click on the blue link there.
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/
------------------------------------------
Please also look at post #3 here, below in this thread.
------------------------------------------

3. Are there any tips for using the forum? How do I fix the clock?...How do I see threads I've written in?....etc.

I am writing a compilation post right now w/ tips..if you have something I could use, please pm me...I'd rather put as much in one post as possible.
----------------------------
PLEASE SEE POST #4 HERE BELOW.
----------------------------

4. Is there any way I can see the answers to questions on a quiz I took?

No, answers are not available for viewing. Please ask the forum if you have any areas that you're uncertain of.

......
Best o' luck!
Dan


hy i am new here and my question is: how can i get a ticket for the tournament poker school skill league. the buy in is freeroll bat i need a ticket...thanks
 
Old
Default
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 02:00 AM
(#14)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBoy_Ovi View Post
hy i am new here and my question is: how can i get a ticket for the tournament poker school skill league. the buy in is freeroll bat i need a ticket...thanks
YOU HAVE TO EARN A TIC. BY PLAYING THE OPEN LEAGUE AND GETTING IN THE TOP 500 PEOPLE WITH 20 VPP'S
OR PLAYING THE QUALIFIER AND BEING IN THE TOP 200 WITH 20 VPP'S
WELCOME TO THE FORUM AND THE LEAGUE
GOOD LUCK



 
Old
Default
Sat Sep 03, 2011, 10:54 AM
(#15)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBoy_Ovi View Post
hy i am new here and my question is: how can i get a ticket for the tournament poker school skill league. the buy in is freeroll bat i need a ticket...thanks
Welcome to the league and the forum Lucky!
If you're trying to register and it says you need a ticket, then you are trying to register for the Premier League, and as Dennis said, you have to qualify to earn it.
Check out the League tab above to get all the info on the different leagues and how to participate in them.
Let us know if you have any other questions after reading through that.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:33 AM
(#16)
Shiny Cactus's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Just wondering can you play in both the Open League and Premier League in the same month if you quality for it.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:47 AM
(#17)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Cactus View Post
Just wondering can you play in both the Open League and Premier League in the same month if you quality for it.

If you get your Premier League ticket, qualifying from either the Open or the Qualifiers League, currently the rule is that you can play in both the Premier and the Open tournaments but will only be scored in the Premier League standings.

You can play in Open League tournaments for practice and for the $10.00 prize pool in each tournament, but will not appear on the leaderboard in the Open League or be eligible for Open League Prizes.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#18)
bobber93's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
hey there just a quick on, I started on here a while back and have realised that I still havent recieved my first deposit bonus (I believe it 100% of anything you put in on your first deposit) Is there something I have to do to recieve the bonus?
thanks for any help, regards Bobber93
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#19)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
How the bonus system works it is, you punch in a code when making your deposit. then just play real money games, and your bonus is paid to you in increments based upon your VPPs.

Last edited by mtnestegg; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 10:08 AM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#20)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber93 View Post
hey there just a quick on, I started on here a while back and have realised that I still havent recieved my first deposit bonus (I believe it 100% of anything you put in on your first deposit) Is there something I have to do to recieve the bonus?
thanks for any help, regards Bobber93
Hi Bobber93,

If you click here you will find a full explanation of how the 100% First Depositors Bonus works!

Hope this helps!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com