Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

this place is a trip!

Old
this place is a trip! - Fri Feb 25, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
There's a certain irony in posting one day about being afraid of what other members would say, being told, yeah, post, by members, and then I make another post today, and it gets deleted and I get a warning from the Mods.

Wow.

I guess "seagull" has become a bad word around these parts. Message received.

Anybody interested in what he's up to, PM me. I'll give you my email address.

Does this mean I'm one of the gang now?

Or am I in big trouble and I should fade back into lurkdom?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
seagull has to redeem himself
if he can come back with a clean slate and not let the negative vibes get to him he'll be fine

as far as your post
seagull had the same type of post removed
he knew better than to get you involved but he did anyways
but considering you are a part of his u-tube persona i would assume that you also knew what you were getting into if not that's fine

you need to be you while here and not an extention of seagull's agenda
if you can do this than your time here should be an enjoyable one

we really aren't as bad as we have been made out to be
after time you will be able to see this for yourself

good luck at the tables

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 02:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
you need to be you while here and not an extension of seagull's agenda
+1.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 05:26 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
According to the Urban Dictionary, A naive person is someone with a childish/innocent view of the world. The opposite of a cynic, really.

That would be me... guess who's the cynic?

As I said, somewhere in these forums, he hasn't clued me in to everything that's happened to him here. I honestly didn't know any better than to post his episode links... I'm having fun watching them... but then, I know him, you guys don't. Not really. If you can get past the BS and blustering to listen to what he's saying, he IS pretty funny when he wants to be. Insightful, too.

Don't forget, in 7 years, I've heard a lot of his material before... it's just been recently that he's been able to start videoing himself, or I'm sure his youtube video collection would be a LOT bigger than it is now.

Remember the Osbournes tv show on MTV? Wayne's World? Heck, even iCarly? Reality shows that aren't... I'll leave it to you to figure out why I brought that up.

Got another Urban D definition for ya...

Pariah

A social outcast, one who doesn't fit in with the morals of society. Derived from the caste sytem, in which it was the lowest one could be.

an individual who is socially outcaste from the mainstream, or one who feels as though he is.

a peerless, shunned, or lonely human being.

The question is, now, do any of these definitions belong to me, him, or both of us?

This "guilt by association" thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, thanks for the replies... I'll be around.

Wyldcat2011

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 05:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldcat2011 View Post
This "guilt by association" thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, thanks for the replies... I'll be around.

Wyldcat2011
I would say that ANYONE who has replied to a seagull post is as apt to get the 'guilt by association' moniker, so I think if you are smart enough to not be with him, you are smart enough not to use his self-victimization ploy. Your employing that may belie your true intentions--

I'm just saying...

Last edited by tazz864; Sat Feb 26, 2011 at 05:48 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 07:18 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I would say that ANYONE who has replied to a seagull post is as apt to get the 'guilt by association' moniker, so I think if you are smart enough to not be with him, you are smart enough not to use his self-victimization ploy. Your employing that may belie your true intentions--

I'm just saying...

Heya Tazz!

My true intention for being a PSO member is to learn to be a better poker player. Check my score, I'm currently fleshing out the way low bottom ranks of the ladder.

I am pretty smart (for a girl, HE would say ) but I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say here... try again, please?

I don't see where "self-victimization" comes in... I said he asked me to post those links... I agreed because I thought they were cool episodes... maybe he victimized me, because I'll be honest and admit I hadn't read all the forum posting rules (I have now, and won't make that mistake again, posting links to questionable content)... where was I using self-victimization in what I wrote either yesterday or today?

I pride myself on being a decent writer, so, if I wrote something that could be read in ways I didn't intend, maybe I need to re-think my approach, eh?

I've been replied to by a long-timer (tazz)... I feel special!

Happy weekend!
Wyldcat2011

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 08:43 AM
(#7)
If People Can`t See What Seagull_2005 Is About,They Should Give Themselves A Shake. The Bully Brigade Have There Victim (seagull) And Like The Last Victim(Acekingpros) They Won`t Be Happy Until They Get Seagull To Quit Or Be Banned Permanantly. Seagull_2005 When He First Started Contributing To The Forum Made Some Excellent And Funny Posts,Because He Was More Popular Than The Bully Brigade,They Decided That He Had To Go,So They Hijacked His Threads And Provoked Him And Baited Him Until Itchy And Scratchy Threw There Weight Around And Banned Him.I Have Watched His Videos On YouTube And Find Them Quite Funny And Not At All Offensive. Some People In These Forums Don`t Like It When Someone Becomes More Popular Than Them And That Is Why Some Of The Newbies Dont Contribute To The Forums. I Know This Because When Im Sitting At A Table During A PSO Tourney, I Always Champion The PSO And Tell People To Come To The Forums To Find Out About Different Events Etc Etc, And The Replies I See Are Always The Same. " We Dont |Go To The Forums Because We Won`t Fit In With The "Clique" I Have Been Banned Several Times From The Forums Because Of The Things I Say And My Scores Have Improved Every Time,Maybe I Will Tone Down My Forum Visits Until They Get Some New Mods Who Are Non Biased And Fair,I Get It/Got It With Seagull_2005 And Look Forward To Watching More Videos On His Youtube Channel, And I Think He Should Make Characters Up From The PSO, Give Us An Insight On What He Thinks These People Are Like In Real Life, Good Luck To You And Seagull.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
seagull has to redeem himself
if he can come back with a clean slate and not let the negative vibes get to him he'll be fine

as far as your post
seagull had the same type of post removed
he knew better than to get you involved but he did anyways
but considering you are a part of his u-tube persona i would assume that you also knew what you were getting into if not that's fine

you need to be you while here and not an extention of seagull's agenda

we really aren't as bad as we have been made out to be
after time you will be able to see this for yourself

good luck at the tables

Let me say this. At some point the better "man" has to stand up. Just throwing crap at anyone's posts is just plain stupid. It only flames the other person over and over. If you back a man into a corner. Do you expect him to do anything but come out swinging? I don't care what you think of anyone, nor should they. However, if you consistantly called me names or spoke of my ignorance over and over. We would have problems. I solve problems. It's what I do. This is all part of what makes forums fun for most. Everyone could and should be more respectful of one's thoughts. You don't have to like them as they may not be yours. Doesn't make anyone a bad person. Just different.................

Consider That!
JT

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I know who his new nemisis is... That pirateisgay person is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............

HIPHOPLIVES

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Heya Tazz!

My true intention for being a PSO member is to learn to be a better poker player. Check my score, I'm currently fleshing out the way low bottom ranks of the ladder.

I am pretty smart (for a girl, HE would say ) but I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say here... try again, please?

I don't see where "self-victimization" comes in...appy weekend!
Wyldcat2011
I apologize. And I believe you ARE a smart person (the fact that you said you didn't get it, instead of misinterpreting what I wrote, tells me that...) The 'self-victimization' which I was referring to has nothing to do with your PSO score, PSO ranking, PSO ANYTHING. Thinking that one is being picked on, or victimized, or deemed 'guilty by association' because one associated with seagull is that to which I was referring, and is something that can be applied to ANYONE who has responded to one of his posts.
Oh, for the record, 8-months in PSO does not a long-timer make.

Im just sayin

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
If you can get past the BS and blustering to listen to what he's saying, he IS pretty funny when he wants to be. Insightful, too.

Don't forget, in 7 years, I've heard a lot of his material before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I apologize. And I believe you ARE a smart person
After re-reading the part where you think he is funny and insightful... after 7 years, no less... I may have to re-examine my statement vis-a-vis your intelligence...

I'm just sayin...

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 11:09 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
Let me say this. At some point the better "man" has to stand up. Just throwing crap at anyone's posts is just plain stupid. It only flames the other person over and over. If you back a man into a corner. Do you expect him to do anything but come out swinging? I don't care what you think of anyone, nor should they. However, if you consistantly called me names or spoke of my ignorance over and over. We would have problems. I solve problems. It's what I do. This is all part of what makes forums fun for most. Everyone could and should be more respectful of one's thoughts. You don't have to like them as they may not be yours. Doesn't make anyone a bad person. Just different.................

Consider That!
JT
it should be known that i have only made 2 negative responses to gull from day one
1 is when he came here recently and rose tinted his version of what had happenned while being railed
as many of you know if we are not registered we can't talk so i was a silent observer

2 is when he made a negative blog that has since been deleted where he insulted all members of the forum equaly

besides these two instances i had been positive and suportive with him for i too liked his posts
lately though i have been guilty by assosiation for witnessing HD rail him because i have found i would rather have a truth than a he said he said and she said version

if he wants to brand me for that that is fine but i have not attacked him nor do i intend to
i have also watched the videos
these are poor attempts at humor for best
i find them sad to watch and would perfer not to any more
the only laughter that comes from them is the guilty kind sort of laughing at someone falling down the steps
just sad really

Last edited by joker41673; Sat Feb 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 11:12 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
So far, my favorite moment of this saga is the 14:15 mark of episode five.

Very nice!!!

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
It may simply be that seagull is trying make a name for himself by being antagonistic. But in order to do that in this venue you should have the chops poker-wise if not humor-wise.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Grabs popcorn...This is BETTER than "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"...Hot Damn, Who needs cable and their high bills..! I will refer to this as "The Real Househubbys of The PSO" from here on out! I will be patiently awaiting the next episode...Do I smell a Peoples Choice Award in the making..Pokerstars has a gem on their hands and didn't even know it!..Now THATS entertainment!.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonarmy1566 View Post
If People Can`t See What Seagull_2005 Is About,They Should Give Themselves A Shake. The Bully Brigade Have There Victim (seagull) And Like The Last Victim(Acekingpros) They Won`t Be Happy Until They Get Seagull To Quit Or Be Banned Permanantly. Seagull_2005 When He First Started Contributing To The Forum Made Some Excellent And Funny Posts,Because He Was More Popular Than The Bully Brigade,They Decided That He Had To Go,So They Hijacked His Threads And Provoked Him And Baited Him Until Itchy And Scratchy Threw There Weight Around And Banned Him.I Have Watched His Videos On YouTube And Find Them Quite Funny And Not At All Offensive. Some People In These Forums Don`t Like It When Someone Becomes More Popular Than Them And That Is Why Some Of The Newbies Dont Contribute To The Forums. I Know This Because When Im Sitting At A Table During A PSO Tourney, I Always Champion The PSO And Tell People To Come To The Forums To Find Out About Different Events Etc Etc, And The Replies I See Are Always The Same. " We Dont |Go To The Forums Because We Won`t Fit In With The "Clique" I Have Been Banned Several Times From The Forums Because Of The Things I Say And My Scores Have Improved Every Time,Maybe I Will Tone Down My Forum Visits Until They Get Some New Mods Who Are Non Biased And Fair,I Get It/Got It With Seagull_2005 And Look Forward To Watching More Videos On His Youtube Channel, And I Think He Should Make Characters Up From The PSO, Give Us An Insight On What He Thinks These People Are Like In Real Life, Good Luck To You And Seagull.
Well said!
+1

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 09:05 PM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKICK View Post
Grabs popcorn...This is BETTER than "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"...Hot Damn, Who needs cable and their high bills..! I will refer to this as "The Real Househubbys of The PSO" from here on out! I will be patiently awaiting the next episode...Do I smell a Peoples Choice Award in the making..Pokerstars has a gem on their hands and didn't even know it!..Now THATS entertainment!.
lol

+1

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com