Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Cash games Vs. SnG's?

Old
Cash games Vs. SnG's? - Sat Feb 26, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Can anyone recommend the best poker game format to start playing for real cash?

Pros and cons??

Many thanks in advance.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
whats your bankroll? the best way to build it is cash games, I prefer sitngos and tourneys myself, but the variance is greater... The .25 sitngoes are relatively soft and you can make some good money at them

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Thanks.

About £70 ($108). its not alot but its a start.

I see myself having to do the time in the lower stakes,n then move up, or quit!

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
WhiteStar
cash table's! the blinds stay the same, so you just raise good hands/ fold bad ones.

i sit back watch a movie (or hulu) on one side of the screen and keep 2 tables open on the other.
if you play at the same time's every day you will start to run into the regular's and learn their play quickly so be sure to make notes on them.

sit n go's are okay, but ive quickly replaced them with large multi table tournaments.
so now im playing cash tables and tourney's exclusively.

you've got more money in you account than me so i think you'll do okay good luck.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
i would start with $1 sit and gos and see how you go from there. stick to good bankroll management and you should be fine. play a 27 player sng and if you get first you'll multiply your buy in by 10. few players run so well that they can do that in a cash game. consider FL for cash games, good way to see a lot of hands cheaply.

Old
Sat Feb 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
If you want to try cash tables, start at 1-2 cent NL micro stake. Play that for a while and if your feeling good and showing a profit go ahead and try 2-5cent NL. Absolutely do not go any higher in the cash game limits with your bankroll though.

I'd rather not comment on SNG's or MTT's, but those can be good formats to play if that is your style. They have reasonable options available at your bankroll as well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com