Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Well Dreams Has 1st Locked Up

Old
Default
Well Dreams Has 1st Locked Up - Mon Feb 28, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#1)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
But anyone want to take wagers on 2nd? Does the silver get me any cred?
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 01:15 AM
(#2)
tazz864's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,143
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
But anyone want to take wagers on 2nd? Does the silver get me any cred?
I can think of who will NOT be in 2nd... probably not even top 10--

Im just sayin...
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 01:22 AM
(#3)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
YES! I will wager that you DO NOT take 2nd.

$20 says you DON'T do it. Whatever odds you feel frisky about.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 01:46 AM
(#4)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
C'mon PresBusto, book this action. Take a page from Mmmm Fish and lock your bets in early and often.

You want 3-1 odds?

Any $ amount up to $20...
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 02:12 AM
(#5)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
What kills me is that he thinks it's out of the question for Bdog and CoTe to boot it up tomorrow and pop a couple cashes (or a couple cashes and a bubble for CoTe) to chase down Dreams (or at least get Dreams to think about playing) but that he can close 40 points and jump 17 players for second no sweat. LMFAO

BTW anyone notice that Bdog also has a 7k+ pop this month on OPR? I'm not sure he's gonna feel any kind of a "pucker factor" if he decides to go for it tomorrow.

And if CoTe decides to give it a run.............been there,done that for him.

I was stunned myself when I saw that with one day to go 98th is only 1841 points. I'm sitting at 1782 after today and am shocked that the $50 range is attainable for me this month. I had really decided to be happy with $15 and maybe try for $30 (barely inside $15 right now so I have to play anyways so may as well try to climb).

By the way,I've only played 21 times with one day to go. Pres we better not both end up at $50 with you playing 60 something more times than me,LOL.

Also I thought at the end of last month that you said that unless you took one of the top two prizes then PSO was a waste of your time. Does that mean if you come up short you'll be leaving us?

That sure would suck..............
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 02:27 AM
(#6)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Am I seriously still waiting for you to confirm my bet and the odds you would like?

What do you have to lose here? You take second, I ship you up to $60... You don't take second, you pay me from your free $50 PSO winnings... Unless you drop out of the top-98... Or, ya know, unless you have no intention of taking anyone up on the bet that you suggested...

If 30 people say you should do it, then I am THIRTY PEOPLE.

Edit: p.s. I will STILL ship you an extra $10 for taking first and $5 for 2nd. There is NO bet on this, it's just what I'm gonna do. 'Cause I'm a socialist.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 03:40 AM
(#7)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
BTW anyone notice that Bdog also has a 7k+ pop this month on OPR?
How the hell does that happen? The guy crushes the skill league and regular MTT's, in one month?

Nm, I just looked it up. The $7k comes from one tourney. The guy takes one shot at a $55 MTT, and scores 5th. That's incredible. Wow.

JT's up $100, Toon's up $1,000, Bdog's making even more, john.duce breaks $1k, and I'm down $8 for the day. lol. What a day.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:00 AM
(#8)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Yeah 7k+ in one $55 MTT. That's what I meant by "a pop"----that he hit big in one tourney.

That's why I've seen alot of peeps with alot more knowledge than me say that if you can find an SNG or three at the level that you're playing at you should grind the mess out of them and use some of the winnings to fund your MTT excursions as MTT's have much bigger variance swings but are where you can see your BR and ROI take a huge leap forward in one fell swoop.

Playing for that lightning strike to hit you (and I think we all know that a FT run in an MTT,let alone a win,requires having almost all of your big hands holding,a couple or so lucky hits along the way and winning a larger than normal % of your flips,and no bad timing for a big loss) is a much better prospect when you are sitting with funds that you've taken from others.

PS,

Panicky just worry about Panicky,lol. The more I look at the numbers here,the more convinced I become that like 12%,15 tops,of the peeps on here are winning players. I truly think another 10% could be if they had better BR management. I think alot of players do what it appears Bdog did here,do well enough to keep yourself in the game,and ahead or at least not too far down,so that when your turn comes it makes a big difference

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Mon Feb 28, 2011 at 05:06 AM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#9)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
What kills me is that he thinks it's out of the question for Bdog and CoTe to boot it up tomorrow and pop a couple cashes (or a couple cashes and a bubble for CoTe) to chase down Dreams (or at least get Dreams to think about playing) but that he can close 40 points and jump 17 players for second no sweat. LMFAO

BTW anyone notice that Bdog also has a 7k+ pop this month on OPR? I'm not sure he's gonna feel any kind of a "pucker factor" if he decides to go for it tomorrow.

And if CoTe decides to give it a run.............been there,done that for him.

I was stunned myself when I saw that with one day to go 98th is only 1841 points. I'm sitting at 1782 after today and am shocked that the $50 range is attainable for me this month. I had really decided to be happy with $15 and maybe try for $30 (barely inside $15 right now so I have to play anyways so may as well try to climb).

By the way,I've only played 21 times with one day to go. Pres we better not both end up at $50 with you playing 60 something more times than me,LOL.

Also I thought at the end of last month that you said that unless you took one of the top two prizes then PSO was a waste of your time. Does that mean if you come up short you'll be leaving us?

That sure would suck..............
I'm not shocked at the much lowered scores...

In a thread on the League forum, I predicted the lowering amounts, based on 10% of the difference between the min score last month for each level.

Meaning:

If it took 1869 to make $50 last month, and 1820 to make $30, I calced it at about 4.9 pts LESS this month to make $50. This is due to the change in the pay structure.

'course I "chickened out" and cut my guess in half ;-)

The fac tis, it is orughly 20% harder this month to get the extra pts for a cash, and I figured it would adjust downward across the board by 10% of the difference...

Add in the fact FEB is only a 28 day month (thus 2 or 3 days LESS than typical), and that each day sees roughly a 2 to 4 pt increase in score needed per event (up to aobut the 1860 level), and my "guess" is actually pretty close.

So some of us were not surprised that 1850 will qualify for $50.

 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:21 AM
(#10)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
BTW...

that is the absolute "fun" of mathematics...

if you use it with reason, it can really be pretty effective in describing your "world".

...and if you can DESCRIBE what happes, it isn;t such a big step to describe what MIGHT happen!

 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:25 AM
(#11)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931
i will 2nd mccs bet!!!! dont call it a bet pres come 2nd il ship you $20 in the morning
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:27 AM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I'm not shocked at the much lowered scores...

In a thread on the League forum, I predicted the lowering amounts, based on 10% of the difference between the min score last month for each level.

Meaning:

If it took 1869 to make $50 last month, and 1820 to make $30, I calced it at about 4.9 pts LESS this month to make $50. This is due to the change in the pay structure.

'course I "chickened out" and cut my guess in half ;-)

The fac tis, it is orughly 20% harder this month to get the extra pts for a cash, and I figured it would adjust downward across the board by 10% of the difference...

Add in the fact FEB is only a 28 day month (thus 2 or 3 days LESS than typical), and that each day sees roughly a 2 to 4 pt increase in score needed per event (up to aobut the 1860 level), and my "guess" is actually pretty close.

So some of us were not surprised that 1850 will qualify for $50.


No,no don't get me wrong. I'm with you,I figured they would come down some to. Just like I said, I have'nt really been slogging away at the old PSO this month so when I saw that for myself the top 98 is still attainable (long shot maybe,but possible) I was a little surprised.

BTW I don't think it's going to climb above 1845,if that.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:30 AM
(#13)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
i will 2nd mccs bet!!!! dont call it a bet pres come 2nd il ship you $20 in the morning

LOL,you all really thought Sara was gonna go for this? If he did he would have to play PSO until April 2014 just to pay off the bets when he does'nt come in second this month.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:48 AM
(#14)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931


hey mox im not even proposing a bet he comes 2nd i ship him $20

cant say fairer than that
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#15)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
i will hold you all to this....

FYI, it's not 40 points, I am 10th place now and slightly more than 2 cashes out of 2nd.

Also, I accept any wagers made.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
(#16)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
i will hold you all to this....

FYI, it's not 40 points, I am 10th place now and slightly more than 2 cashes out of 2nd.

Also, I accept any wagers made.
capturing this before you try to weasel out
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#17)
ericnnancy's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 977
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
No,no don't get me wrong. I'm with you,I figured they would come down some to. Just like I said, I have'nt really been slogging away at the old PSO this month so when I saw that for myself the top 98 is still attainable (long shot maybe,but possible) I was a little surprised.

BTW I don't think it's going to climb above 1845,if that.
Hey Moxie...one other thing. There were only 28 days in this month, so that would cause scores to be lower as well.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#18)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931


we shold agree for mccs benenfit you take note roomik as its a wager if he does make 2nd ( still not a cat in hells chance if anything he will lose points today) fair is fair pres should provide prrof he would have had funds to agree to a proposed bet it dont concern me as i said i will give him it
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:21 AM
(#19)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
Can't wait for tomorrow. I can see this place exploding
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:25 AM
(#20)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post


we shold agree for mccs benenfit you take note roomik as its a wager if he does make 2nd ( still not a cat in hells chance if anything he will lose points today) fair is fair pres should provide prrof he would have had funds to agree to a proposed bet it dont concern me as i said i will give him it
maybe all involved in wager should PM screenshots of their cashier to prove said funds are available for the wager
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com