Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

This Site Is Rigged and other B.S.

Old
Default
This Site Is Rigged and other B.S. - Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:15 AM
(#1)
geiser093's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
BronzeStar
I can't count the times I've read ir heard someone say:

This site is rigged...
Why would you call with -XX-???
Or the other various complaints...

Now I will admit I have been guilty of all this in the past. It is not easy having the best hand and getting your money in only to get beat by some garbage hand. That is poker.

Here is what I have come to realize:

1. Through educating myself myself about ICM, Cev, and looking at the Pro's stats my worst beats come from not so good moves that are called by hands I didn't have that much ground on.

2. Pro's play alot of volume 10-20 MTT's on Sat & Sun to maybe, maybe do well in one, AND having the perfect storm hit and the cards come and they make the right moves and win one for a staggering amount.

3. 100+ hands an hour. WTF... After playing a mix of live and online I realize the difference. With so many more hands played the craziness we will see will be compounded by a factor of say 5?

4. Online is Online- none is around to critique play or hold someone accountable for bad play so people ACT A FOOL chat crazy stuff they would never say in person, get bored and shove with a huge stack and are gone 3 hands later, or 100 other crazy things.


So in the end I say " it is what it is" they same guy that puts me out with 72 suited to my AA will eventually double me up after the bubble and his window licking short buss cousin will will then double me up giving me the opportunity to make a final table run for $3k, $10K, or $50K.

As I learn more my mathmatically correct play will pay off in small advantages over and over I will get more ROI, place higher, and cash bigger. In he end I try to learn something every day. I study at least an hour a night analze my play and remain a student of the game.

See you at the final table.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#2)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Great post its true that you may lose that 90% favorite hand... but in the long run those odds are in your favour.... and if your not going in with the good hands you cant get a bad beat
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#3)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931
why is it we always get a new forum member whos posted maybe 10 or less times and they accuse the site of being rigged???

no one asks you to plsy here do they??

what would pokerstars gain from rigging hands???

you play to much pso im afraid sir where that tosh happens daily unfortunately
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:47 AM
(#4)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
why is it we always get a new forum member whos posted maybe 10 or less times and they accuse the site of being rigged???

no one asks you to plsy here do they??

what would pokerstars gain from rigging hands???

you play to much pso im afraid sir where that tosh happens daily unfortunately
read his post again
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:50 AM
(#5)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
read his post again


To the op.. great post.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 09:11 AM
(#6)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931
and looking like a tit of the day award goes to me oops well pass my info on geiser i apologise for being a complete idiot
 
Old
Default
great post - Mon Feb 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#7)
Astro705's Avatar
Astro705
(Odelay)
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 461
Is there some way this post can be automatically emailed to anyone that starts a whining thread - great read


Quote:
Originally Posted by geiser093 View Post
I can't count the times I've read ir heard someone say:

This site is rigged...
Why would you call with -XX-???
Or the other various complaints...

Now I will admit I have been guilty of all this in the past. It is not easy having the best hand and getting your money in only to get beat by some garbage hand. That is poker.

Here is what I have come to realize:

1. Through educating myself myself about ICM, Cev, and looking at the Pro's stats my worst beats come from not so good moves that are called by hands I didn't have that much ground on.

2. Pro's play alot of volume 10-20 MTT's on Sat & Sun to maybe, maybe do well in one, AND having the perfect storm hit and the cards come and they make the right moves and win one for a staggering amount.

3. 100+ hands an hour. WTF... After playing a mix of live and online I realize the difference. With so many more hands played the craziness we will see will be compounded by a factor of say 5?

4. Online is Online- none is around to critique play or hold someone accountable for bad play so people ACT A FOOL chat crazy stuff they would never say in person, get bored and shove with a huge stack and are gone 3 hands later, or 100 other crazy things.


So in the end I say " it is what it is" they same guy that puts me out with 72 suited to my AA will eventually double me up after the bubble and his window licking short buss cousin will will then double me up giving me the opportunity to make a final table run for $3k, $10K, or $50K.

As I learn more my mathmatically correct play will pay off in small advantages over and over I will get more ROI, place higher, and cash bigger. In he end I try to learn something every day. I study at least an hour a night analze my play and remain a student of the game.

See you at the final table.
 
Old
Default
U are so right - Mon Feb 28, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#8)
mrchaps05's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 46
BronzeStar
Sign up for as many live training classes as U can. Dan, the instructer was explaining this very same thing to us last week. Take 2 people 1 plays really cautiously,ABC poker never tries to steel blinds, doesn`t play his oppent,just his own hand.The other player,Player B, he`s a student of the game. He does all the above. In a100 tourney run Player A might cash more, but his ROI will be much smaller. He doesn`t have the game to make thoses DEEP runs in a tourney. Player B might only cash in say 2 out of the same amount of tournies.But guess what,he is sitting at the final table,with a BIG stack and thats is where the money is at! Player B can cash in only 1 out of 100 and still make way more money than player A. This is my condensed verision of that lesson. See U at the tables & GL.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#9)
small_133's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
BronzeStar
I just read through the post concerning bs site complaints. I have been here at this site now nearly six years, not that I'm all that good, and i have heard those same complaints more often than i care to count.
Now your figuring out the mathamatical probebilties is indeed impressive here; but , if I may be alllowed. let me try and simplify this a bit.
So we have all seen, and likely been involved. a player with premium hand get run over by weak cards in a draw out. Seems more often than not the premium card player then complains and is prone to putting blame on the site configuration. Just look back at review the hand when this happens and you will find same exact problem each and every time.
Quite simply the premium player is not putting his opponent on any kind of hand. True it is difficult aat best to eject pct kings or aces to raise, but the real "trick" is to defend against potentiall hands other player is likely to have. So it is exactly same play here as it would be in casino play or even kitchen table games. Watch other players and see what hands they are likely to play and notice if they are capable of laying down mediocre hits on the board or are they more likley to hold to weak hand no matter what you bet.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#10)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by small_133 View Post
I just read through the post concerning bs site complaints. I have been here at this site now nearly six years, not that I'm all that good, and i have heard those same complaints more often than i care to count.
Now your figuring out the mathamatical probebilties is indeed impressive here; but , if I may be alllowed. let me try and simplify this a bit.
So we have all seen, and likely been involved. a player with premium hand get run over by weak cards in a draw out. Seems more often than not the premium card player then complains and is prone to putting blame on the site configuration. Just look back at review the hand when this happens and you will find same exact problem each and every time.
Quite simply the premium player is not putting his opponent on any kind of hand. True it is difficult aat best to eject pct kings or aces to raise, but the real "trick" is to defend against potentiall hands other player is likely to have. So it is exactly same play here as it would be in casino play or even kitchen table games. Watch other players and see what hands they are likely to play and notice if they are capable of laying down mediocre hits on the board or are they more likley to hold to weak hand no matter what you bet.
Another great post good to see the newer posters havent been jaded by the mindless masses
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#11)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Another great post good to see the newer posters havent been jaded by the mindless masses

YET

 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by geiser093 View Post
I can't count the times I've read ir heard someone say:

This site is rigged...
Why would you call with -XX-???
Or the other various complaints...

Now I will admit I have been guilty of all this in the past. It is not easy having the best hand and getting your money in only to get beat by some garbage hand. That is poker.

Here is what I have come to realize:

1. Through educating myself myself about ICM, Cev, and looking at the Pro's stats my worst beats come from not so good moves that are called by hands I didn't have that much ground on.

2. Pro's play alot of volume 10-20 MTT's on Sat & Sun to maybe, maybe do well in one, AND having the perfect storm hit and the cards come and they make the right moves and win one for a staggering amount.

3. 100+ hands an hour. WTF... After playing a mix of live and online I realize the difference. With so many more hands played the craziness we will see will be compounded by a factor of say 5?

4. Online is Online- none is around to critique play or hold someone accountable for bad play so people ACT A FOOL chat crazy stuff they would never say in person, get bored and shove with a huge stack and are gone 3 hands later, or 100 other crazy things.


So in the end I say " it is what it is" they same guy that puts me out with 72 suited to my AA will eventually double me up after the bubble and his window licking short buss cousin will will then double me up giving me the opportunity to make a final table run for $3k, $10K, or $50K.

As I learn more my mathmatically correct play will pay off in small advantages over and over I will get more ROI, place higher, and cash bigger. In he end I try to learn something every day. I study at least an hour a night analze my play and remain a student of the game.

See you at the final table.

I personally think that you could chuck the Core Test as it is currently devised,make this post required reading,test on it,and see the quality of play (or at least behavior) improve.

Great,great post geiser.Thank you for this.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#13)
geiser093's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I personally think that you could chuck the Core Test as it is currently devised,make this post required reading,test on it,and see the quality of play (or at least behavior) improve.

Great,great post geiser.Thank you for this.

Thank You for all the feedback, yes it has gone str8 to my head.LOL.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#14)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
What do ya expect Mox, he lives in Pittsburgh
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
(#15)
XXChris123's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,512
BronzeStar
my friends at poker stars have given me access to their code here is there code take a look it explains how those crazy hands happens

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#16)
bruski44's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 16
that was a good one chris i liked it
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#17)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXChris123 View Post
my friends at poker stars have given me access to their code here is there code take a look it explains how those crazy hands happens

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

Okay,out with it Chris. How did you get a copy of my CT scan?
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com