Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

March's FastCurves Poker Challenge--

Old
March's FastCurves Poker Challenge-- - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 01:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Because such interest was inspired by the FastCurves Challenge in February, it seems only fitting to issue it once more in March... For those few people who don't remember the Challenge:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
The majority of the players here at PSO are looking for excitement in their online poker experience... Well, my friends, that is exactly what awaits you if you have the intestinal (and gastric--) fortitude to undertake Tazz's FastCurve Poker Challenge.
I'm sure everyone is in awe of those who inhabit the front page of the PSO Leaderboard. I, myself would like to extend my congratulations. But I have sensed the boredom in many posts, with the leaders who are just running WFO (in Grand Prix terms, and perhaps NASCAR, Wide F'in Open) to the end of the month.
That's where the Fast Curves Poker Challenge comes in. The object is to achieve a 20k place change within one month of competition.
Now I hear people murmuring, 'But Tazz, that's impossible, no one can effect that dramatic a change.' WRONG! I, myself, accomplished that very feat. On January 11th, I was in the money. (i.e. the top 1000) I then looked up the lowest (or is that highest? The Worst...) ranked player and mimicked his play, or lack thereof. I used some of the reading techniques I have learned at PSO to determine which hands could beat my holdings, and then bet into them... By January 19th, I was at 1418 points: in 11,726th place... I then did a 180 for the remaining 12 days and finished at 1616.93 pts. and 1627th place (pending the 2200 pm results, which are positive points--) Now I'm sure some of y'all are better at math than me, but I believe that's >20k in position displacement....

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Yeah. This was boring last month.

How about you do something interesting like give me odds against you taking down 1st or 2nd place?

Old
Basic Rules.... - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:16 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Now before things get off-topic and/or out of control, some explanations and clarifications are in order:
If you are wondering "why, what's the point?,' consult the Original Post.
If you are contemplating just dumping chips, that is not in the spirit of the FastCurves Challenge.
Apparently, it was not made clear that one should be placed in the money (top 1000) when the number of PSOers who have competed in a PSO league game reaches 10,000.
If you have no intention to post anything positive or constructive, don't agree with the premise, or are not posting your progress; perhaps it would be a good idea to post elsewhere. As an alternative, you could suggest a different challenge in your own thread.
If you don't start none, there won't be none.

Im just saying

Last edited by tazz864; Tue Mar 01, 2011 at 02:39 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:17 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I wonder if someone is paying tazz to initiate this challenge in order to improve their chances at winning in the league.

If so, I give them credit for the most creative form of angle-shooting I've seen before. I imagine that's not the case, but I just love conspiracy theories.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:20 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Yeah. This was boring last month.

How about you do something interesting like give me odds against you taking down 1st or 2nd place?
Please consult forum rules and take your brilliant idea to another thread...
If you need help, I'll ship you a quarter and you can call somebody that cares...

Im just sayin

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:22 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Now before things get off-topic and/or out of control, some explanations and clarifications are in order:
If you are wondering "why, what's the point?,' consult the Original Post.
If you are contemplating just dumping chips, that is not in the spirit of the FastCurves Challenge.
Apparently, it was not made clear that one should be placed in the money (top 1000) when the number of PSOers who have competed in a PSO league game reaches 10,000.
If you have no intention to post anything positive or constructive, don't agree with the premise, or are not posting your progress; perhaps it would be a good idea to post elsewhere. As an alternative, you could suggest a different challenge in your own thread.
If you don't start none, there won't be none.

Im just saying
Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads? I don't report to you.

However, I do find this "challenge" kinda boring and pointless. It is totally on topic to say so IN THIS THREAD.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:26 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads? I don't report to you.

However, I do find this "challenge" kinda boring and pointless. It is totally on topic to say so IN THIS THREAD.
Wow, not even a 1/2 hour old and look at all the responses...
How un-boring is that??

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:

How dare you disrupt this thread with facts!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
If you need help, I'll ship you a quarter and you can call somebody that cares...

Im just sayin
Check the forum rules for what? I'm very interested in why you think I should..

Also. Do phone calls actually cost a quarter where you live?

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:31 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads?
No one dictates WHO can respond. Nor do I dictate HOW one can respond. Decorum, etiquette, and class dictate that.

I'm just sayin

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:36 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Check the forum rules for what? I'm very interested in why you think I should..

Also. Do phone calls actually cost a quarter where you live?
I think he's calling you out for rudeness. And I am always looking for pay phones around my hometown. They just gone disappeared over the past few years!

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:40 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Wow, not even a 1/2 hour old and look at all the responses...
How un-boring is that??
Yo, I said this challenge was boring last month. Not this thread...

This thread is going to be all sorts of not boring.

Old
hmmm - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:56 AM
(#13)
could everyone that thinks tazz's challenge is a good learning tool, or thinks he not off his rocker.

please reply and back him up,

cheers

p.s. l will stay up and wait for my next warning............hiccup

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:01 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I think he's calling you out for rudeness. And I am always looking for pay phones around my hometown. They just gone disappeared over the past few years!
Well, I wasn't rude... Also, there's nothing in the forum rules that says anything about being "rude."

So... Yeah. I'm just replying to tazz and his semi-vaguely poker related forum topics, which is perfectly within the forum rules that he directed me to look at.

Now, when it comes to the rule about topics/posts that "are not constructive in their statements and opinions..." Well, that is subject to opinion.

Tazz, best of luck to you on the poker tables, and best of luck getting people to take your goofy challenge.

See? I'm a nice guy.

hiccup.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 06:44 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Well, I wasn't rude... Also, there's nothing in the forum rules that says anything about being "rude."

So... Yeah. I'm just replying to tazz and his semi-vaguely poker related forum topics, which is perfectly within the forum rules that he directed me to look at.

Now, when it comes to the rule about topics/posts that "are not constructive in their statements and opinions..." Well, that is subject to opinion.

Tazz, best of luck to you on the poker tables, and best of luck getting people to take your goofy challenge.

See? I'm a nice guy.

hiccup.

SO WHO SAYS AN OPINION IS CONSTRUCTIVE OR NOT ???

CUZ SOMETIMES IN MY OPINION I SHOULD SLOW PLAY POCKET JACKS

AND SOMETIMES MY OPINION TELLS ME TO GO ALL IN

SO WHAT IS RIGHT ????

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 07:13 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Im just sayin
I have seen your real money stats. This is no time for you to be giving MORE money away.But I will give you this, you actually found a way to place in the 3 dollar range on the monthly leaderboard!!!!! Congrats on your new found success!!
Now it has already been said by others that making your way up from the bottom of the barrel is not that hard. A couple placings moves you 1000's of spots. Moxie had mentioned how you don't deal with the throttle marks either. Simply put, your challenge is not a challenge.If your final goal was to climb into the top 100 after donking your way down the ladder, then I would say that would be a challenge. But again, why waste 150+ plus entries on donking when you could be trying to take down some serious money?
If you are wondering why people can't/won't stay on "topic", it is because this really is no topic. It isn't a challenge with any merit. You obliously do not care what image people have of you here. And that is your right. But if you want people to take you seriously then start playing to win. If you don't care if people take you seriously then mount up on your fastest unicorn and take those curves fast and hard Tazz. And do it for the honor of the gauntlet! (Reread the last bit there. Indeed it sounds as silly as a Tazz response, as intended.)

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
could everyone that thinks tazz's challenge is a good learning tool, or thinks he not off his rocker.

please reply and back him up,

cheers

p.s. l will stay up and wait for my next warning............hiccup
Of course this isn't a learning tool.

Tazz has played 1059 PSO Skill League Tournaments in eight months. That's an average of 132 per month. I don't know know about Tazz, but anyone who would try to learn anything from him, would definately be off their rocker.

Now, Tazz want's to kill this thread by forcing everyone to stay on topic.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
Of course this isn't a learning tool.

Tazz has played 1059 PSO Skill League Tournaments in eight months. That's an average of 132 per month. I don't know know about Tazz, but anyone who would try to learn anything from him, would definately be off their rocker.

Now, Tazz want's to kill this thread by forcing everyone to stay on topic.
I applaud those who took the initiative to start their own thread and I wish them the best of luck. Just because I do not see any possible improvement that can/will be derived from any player besides the originator is hardly a reason to question his/her/it's sanity and/or teaching methods.
I wondered why everyone who is ranked below 10k doesn't climb to the money from the PSO 'bottom of the barrel. Obviously it is not is as easy as some state, or everyone would do it.
Apparently, only those with a strong enough game (and stomach) can succeed in the FastCurves Challenge.

Im just saying...

Last edited by tazz864; Tue Mar 01, 2011 at 11:21 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:13 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Obviously it is not is as easy as some state, or everyone would do it.
Apparently, only those with a strong enough game (and stomach) can succeed in the FastCurves Challenge.
Care to make it interesting?

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
Care to make it interesting?
Watch out, "interesting" is being shut down around here faster than tazz can donk out with Ace-rag...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com