Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Changes to the league??..input please

Old
Changes to the league??..input please - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Great month last month. It started like a mad dash...then slowed way down... Congrats to taxi128....what a month...what a player....

Here's my suggestions: Minor 1 first.

Please put a ...Go to page box, at the bottom of league rank listing page. When I want to see how the bubble page looks, Page 20....I have to go thru 19 pages one at a time to get to the bubble page. I know there are 50 spots per page, so I could find page whatever real easy with a tool like that..

Also a ranking box next to it.... so I can punch in a ranking number,....like 1152...and I can check by ranking as well as page quick checks....

just a thought!!

Now the big one...

Playing 6 games in a 12 hour span forces those of us who want to play as many as possible, to often times play 2-3 tourneys at a time... Making it tougher to concentrate on one game at a time. I realize it's a level playing field...but this cuts out a lot of people who WORK during the day...In the [(USA)....and a lot of european/eastern bloc players who can't play at night.

Here's my suggestion. Play 6 games a day, every 4 hours.....like , 0400, 0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400,.... and even possibly change it every week to start up an hour or back an hour..

ie,,,one week start it at 0400, next week start it at 0500, next week start it at 0600... This would give more time slots to play....with more time to play those slots.... I realize i only sleep 3-4 hours a day...but I think we are cutting out a lot of players by slamming 6 games into 12 hours AND not getting their best play because they are in 2-3 tourneys at the same time....

just a thought.... whatchathink??

Old
timezones - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:29 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
I realize that time zones also fiugre into it....but giving us more time to play a tourney...would help us all!

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2010
firstly gratz to taxi many times i have spoke to hima nd seated with him he is a very solid player and one of the most polite you'll see knock him out with trash or a lucky river he will still apreciate your hand and offer his luck

secondly great idea for the jump to page it is friggin annoying scrolling through 50 players at a time the rank idea is a good one also

thirdly its just impossible to adjust the psos to suit everyone at any given time between myself and the usa time diff is 6 hours so further a field it could b more so i dont see how they could re adjust it

my thougts

ant

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#4)
dont play 2 in a row if they overlap. if im making a run in a tourney, and have been playing for a few hours, i dont register for the next pso since im a bit fatigued, ready for a break from poker

also, the times u suggested, would mean i would only be able to play in 2 per day, max

Old
thanks soda - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:59 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanks for the input...and also...congrats to you soda on last month....I enjoy playing against you...always a good fight.

Part of my reason for spreading out league play...is so we/I can play more cash games as well to keep our active status and play for real money. I am still a donkey but I am really trying to excell and improve my game.....

Old
how to "jump" pages... - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
When you are on a certain page of the leaderboard, if you look at ur address bar you should see at the end of the current address, the page number that you are on. Simply change this number and voila! yes the box at the bottom would be easier but till then try this. It works.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
I realize that time zones also fiugre into it....but giving us more time to play a tourney...would help us all!
I say run one tourney every 2 - 3 hours....so 8 - 12 tourneys per day...especially for us nightowls that are stuck in the wee hours with no PSO.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:24 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
I agree about the navigation on the leaderboard. Could be a lot easier to use.

There is, though, a shortcut that might help in the meantime. The leaderboard web pages have an address that looks like this:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lea...erboard?page=1

Edit the page number on the end to find any numbered page you want. You just have to remember the first page is unnumbered (effectively page zero), so the second page is page1 and so on.

(eg the 20th page - places 951-1000 - will be "page=19")

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
yea some games late at night would be grrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttt.....ala tony the tiger lol

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Great month last month. It started like a mad dash...then slowed way down... Congrats to taxi128....what a month...what a player....

Here's my suggestions: Minor 1 first.

Please put a ...Go to page box, at the bottom of league rank listing page. When I want to see how the bubble page looks, Page 20....I have to go thru 19 pages one at a time to get to the bubble page. I know there are 50 spots per page, so I could find page whatever real easy with a tool like that..

Also a ranking box next to it.... so I can punch in a ranking number,....like 1152...and I can check by ranking as well as page quick checks....

just a thought!!

Now the big one...

Playing 6 games in a 12 hour span forces those of us who want to play as many as possible, to often times play 2-3 tourneys at a time... Making it tougher to concentrate on one game at a time. I realize it's a level playing field...but this cuts out a lot of people who WORK during the day...In the [(USA)....and a lot of european/eastern bloc players who can't play at night.

Here's my suggestion. Play 6 games a day, every 4 hours.....like , 0400, 0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400,.... and even possibly change it every week to start up an hour or back an hour..

ie,,,one week start it at 0400, next week start it at 0500, next week start it at 0600... This would give more time slots to play....with more time to play those slots.... I realize i only sleep 3-4 hours a day...but I think we are cutting out a lot of players by slamming 6 games into 12 hours AND not getting their best play because they are in 2-3 tourneys at the same time....

just a thought.... whatchathink??

in the url in search bar just change the number at the end of url to jump to a specific page

as for your suggestion of playing at different times please see my post in sticky "suggestions"

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:41 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Thanks all for the help with navagating to a specific page on the leader board. I assume pso won't change times or, heaven forbid, add more tourneys to allow for 24 hr action, but they are good suggestions. Thanks

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:53 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Thanks all for the help with navagating to a specific page on the leader board. I assume pso won't change times or, heaven forbid, add more tourneys to allow for 24 hr action, but they are good suggestions. Thanks

24 HOURS????!!!!!! Oh sweet Amarillo Slim I don't even want to think about that..........

You're hereby demoted to Colonel for even planting that little seed in their heads.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:21 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Moxie, Do I have to give up my silver star too??

How is Gladys??...which Pip are you??

lol

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:20 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Moxie, Do I have to give up my silver star too??

How is Gladys??...which Pip are you??

lol

LMAO Finally!!!!!!!!! After 7 months someone breaks the ice and throws the Gladys Knight and the Pips shot at me. LOL am frankly embarassed for the rest of you donks that it took so long.

Nicely played Geo. Your rank is restored in my eyes.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:08 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
LMAO Finally!!!!!!!!! After 7 months someone breaks the ice and throws the Gladys Knight and the Pips shot at me. LOL am frankly embarassed for the rest of you donks that it took so long.

I THOUGHT BY NOW THAT HAD BEEN DONE TO DEATH SO NEVER RAISED IT

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

So which one are you???

...Please.... not the chubby slow one on left!!....

thx for restoring my rank...but my play lately is worse than pfc

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com