Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

55 Cent 45-Player Sit & Go's: Help Wanted

Old
55 Cent 45-Player Sit & Go's: Help Wanted - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Does anyone have success in these sit & go's, who'd be willing to share some advice? I know a few people here grind them, and I've been trying over the past day, but after 42 attempts, I'm down $4. I'm playing a few right now, too, and they're definitely not as easy money as I'd hoped. If anyone has winning strategies, I'd love to hear them.

Here's what I've been doing so far: I've been playing four at once, and keeping to a super-tight system, that for the most part is a push-or-fold strategy. I find that seeing flops is very difficult with 1500 chips and a 5 minute blind structure. I try and identify when shoving my hands rates to be +EV, and I do it. I only see flops if the effective stacks are high enough to not be shoving their entire range, and that's not often.

Here are what I see as my edges:

>I have pretty good hand selection, and am getting better at ranging my opponents. I am getting a pretty decent feel for when pushing my hands is +EV.

>I actually have a strategy. That's better than most people.

These are what I think are my obstacles:

>I'm no sit & go wizard (nor do I have one), so my plays aren't always +EV.

>I play 4 tables at once without a HUD, so my observation of my opponents is limited.

>My shorthanded play seems to be pretty bad. I rarely make a top 3 spot, and have yet to make a 1st place finish (my lack of high finishes is mainly why I don't profit, I think. My ITM isn't extremely low). EDIT: I've actually only cashed 4 times. So my lack of 1st place finishes might just be variance sticking it's south end in my face. But my ITM is actually below 10%, which might be a bad sign.

>I'm losing money at these games (albeit slowly), and I lack the experience to identify my own leaks.

So, that's it. If anybody can lend a hand with some good advice, I'd love to hear it.

Happy day!

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Tue Mar 01, 2011 at 04:12 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com