Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

$2.20 180 man turbo tourney tips?

Old
$2.20 180 man turbo tourney tips? - Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
WhiteStar
does anyone here play these regularly? i joined my first one and calling them hectic would be an understatement. i managed to cash with 11th place. but it was one of the most stressful games ive ever played, lol

i barely kept my head up alot of the time, i couldnt get enough hands so stealing blinds was a requirement.

anyway's the pay structure is great. im strongly considering buying in to about 5 in a row.
just looking for some pointers from people with more experience in them.

is you have a large hand like AJ - Ak will you just get it in there? when the blinds are at 500/1K

any input is helpful. thanks guy's!

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
John.Duce kills em... maybe when he gets around he will answer you

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
This looks remarkably similar to a thread I just posted.

Can't help you myself, though. Can't remember playing one.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:26 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2010
1500 chip 5 mins blinds ??

i have played a few of these alot of the players are lag so dont be afraid to raise it up pre flop with AJ,AO,AK etc as these guys wil call 3/ 4 bb early on to see a flop

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
panicky poker i just read your thread and was thinking the exact same thing!!!!
i swear i didnt copy you, hahahah

im thinking these are alot of sticking to odd's and just taking your chances when someone shoves and you have AQ ect....

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Tried a few last week , got a first eventually and moved up to $4.40 180 man S n G 15 min blinds 1500 starting chips. Good game long though. gl

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
It will take you a well to get used to the structure and when you need to double up.

Let me find SFDs post for you,alittle outdated but helps with the structure and where you should be by a certain blind lvl.
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...9209807&page=0

Its a good place to start.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#8)
WhiteStar
thank's for the link dude, it helped alot. i kinda figured i would have to play like this. so some i will deffiently get knocked out of trying to go deep. but going deep in one or even winning will deffiently pay off the knock outs. im taking a break for the rest of the night but goona give these a try tomorrow.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 07:14 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
i don't think i can type anything that could help you better than the shaundeeb write up... i watch him play often and am a huge fan of his

if you're 10BB or less @ .5/1k blinds... then you're definetely shoving AJ+

sometimes i'm shoving JT+ cuz i know that jack is coming

if you'd like... i can send you an entire hand history of ones that i've won

just post here or pm me

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 07:36 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post
i don't think i can type anything that could help you better than the shaundeeb write up... i watch him play often and am a huge fan of his

if you're 10BB or less @ .5/1k blinds... then you're definetely shoving AJ+

sometimes i'm shoving JT+ cuz i know that jack is coming

if you'd like... i can send you an entire hand history of ones that i've won

just post here or pm me
hell yeah john
send one or two my way if you could
one question
is the play better at these levels than .55 sng's?
i'm considering skipping a level to make the game more enjoyable but won't have the BR for many so i would have to make them count
it will still be a month or two before i do so any info now will help

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#11)
Since: May 2010
simple answer joker hell no the play is no better i can guarantee there are a few more sane players in the 55 cent 1s lol

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
hand history for a whole tournament would be awesome. not sure how long it would be but i would deffiently like to check it out.

joker, ive never played higher stakes than the one's im playing now. Im buying into anything from
10 cent to $2.20 large MTT's, cash table's.

there are some good players at these stake's. ive seen quite a few players make consistent raise's, C-bets,squeezes, slow play's. move's any relatively good player would make.

but their not as common as genuinely bad poker players (bet and call when they have hands.) or the over aggressive player ( who will run really good off of sheer agression or hang himself trying)

unless the stakes were increased considerably i dont see the player's improving much
i just think they have a bit more money to load up than the less fortunate bad player's.

the past 2 week's. iv'e put lot's hours into playing trying to increase my bankroll signifigantly.
but i have learned ton's, my games the best it's ever been. IMHO, just learn how to play your opponent's. don't try to figure out ways to avoid them.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:05 PM
(#13)
i found that my play is better at $1-4

i didn't play too many of the .55 because i prefer 180man... same with the $1, but i had a couple wins in the 90man i think

volume is important with these, but if you run good you pretty much gotta bink that 1st-3rd... those min cashes will kill ya.

give me a few on the HH have to dig some up

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#14)
Holy wow, john.duce. Would you mind sending me a few hh's? I'd love to see how you make money in the turbos. Like I posted below in another thread, I've been running through 45-mans at the 55 cent level, and my play could be better. Reviewing my hh's only helps if I know what to look for to change.

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 10:12 PM
(#15)
here's a download link of a $2/180man i won... http://www.divshare.com/download/14201939-ebb

panicky, 45man turbos are a different type of turbo than 90 and 180man, because the blind increments increase greater... not sure if you realized that... i do like 45man tho, it's just push/fold earlier

you guys can look at my opr or whatever and see how many of these i've played. you really shouldn't find yourself being happy with ITM. this is one of the things that separates league poker to real money poker.

gl

Old
Tue Mar 01, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#16)
I didn't know there were differences, but I can recognize the relevant information. Just seeing how you play in specific situations, like MP w/ 14BB, or in the BB vs. a button raise, or heads-up at the final table, would help me a great deal in any turbo I play.

Thanks a lot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com