Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Would you have folded here?

Old
Would you have folded here? - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
PokerStars Game #58530668323: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2011/03/02 8:12:45 PT [2011/03/02 11:12:45 ET]
Table 'Blok II' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: dziadek7 ($1.34 in chips)
Seat 2: janosheek ($0.89 in chips)
Seat 4: zamika60 ($3.78 in chips)
Seat 5: kulo75 ($2.46 in chips)
Seat 6: RCMasterBR ($2.12 in chips)
Seat 7: PaidInFull6 ($0.97 in chips)
Seat 8: Damasc R ($2 in chips)
Seat 9: sumolicoPT ($0.84 in chips)
Damasc R: posts small blind $0.01
sumolicoPT: posts big blind $0.02
NicolayNsk: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PaidInFull6 [Ah Ac]
dziadek7: folds
janosheek: folds
zamika60: folds
kulo75: calls $0.02
RCMasterBR: folds
PaidInFull6: raises $0.06 to $0.08
Damasc R: folds
sumolicoPT: folds
kulo75: calls $0.06
*** FLOP *** [7h 9d 8h]
kulo75: bets $1.18
PaidInFull6: calls $0.89 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.29) returned to kulo75
*** TURN *** [7h 9d 8h] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [7h 9d 8h Td] [4d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kulo75: shows [5h 6s] (a straight, Six to Ten)
PaidInFull6: mucks hand
kulo75 collected $1.88 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.97 | Rake $0.09
Board [7h 9d 8h Td 4d]
Seat 1: dziadek7 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: janosheek folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: zamika60 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: kulo75 showed [5h 6s] and won ($1.88) with a straight, Six to Ten
Seat 6: RCMasterBR folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: PaidInFull6 (button) mucked [Ah Ac]
Seat 8: Damasc R (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: sumolicoPT (big blind) folded before Flop

This had was dealt on my 3rd hand at the table so I had no information on the player. I must say the hyper aggro shove really confused me. I know the board texture was wet but I couldn't lay down my Aces. What would you have done?

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#2)
** Moved **

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:31 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
At 2NL very few players bluff and the ones that do,bluff in the same spots.
Example: They call to the river and shove.

So I know you have AA but the board can be all kinds of garbage at the lvl.
Give them the benefit of the better hand until you see a pattern.
2NL is easy to beat by betting your monsters and enticing worse to call.
I would have made it 5xbb(10 cents) preflop with one limper before you.

Dont catch yourself stacking off because it is 2NL,it will hurt your roll in the long run.
Really focus on what they could have.

QJ,Flush draw,77,88,99,79,89,78,J6..
I would say a overpair is not likely in this situation,since most people will not limp/call strong hands at this lvl.They get excited and spew,letting you know they got something good.
A lesson that took me long time to learn,is when I am beat.
I used to call those strange bets,thinking there is no way he called me to the river on 9QAJ board with a king to hit a ten on the river.I call and it was what I thought it couldnt be 80% of the time.
I no longer stack off light with AK preflop against a unknown and that took a while to learn

Sorry about the ramble..

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:56 PM
(#4)
Thanks for the advice. Folding in spots like this is something I must learn. All the alarm bells were ringing but I couldn't make the lay down. In this case I think it was shove that took the guy all of 2 seconds to make. Was telling myself how does he shove a straight or set here? Hopefully with study and practice I will be able to make the fold.

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2010
easy fold here with the 2 suited cards and the connecting cards he could have all kinds of draws look at how loose the guy is call 4 bb with 56 offsuit!!! fold pick a better spot and take all his $$$ i dont blame you its AA its the nutz but when a flop such as this comes you have to lay it down

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 07:15 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
easy fold here with the 2 suited cards and the connecting cards he could have all kinds of draws look at how loose the guy is call 4 bb with 56 offsuit!!! fold pick a better spot and take all his $$$ i dont blame you its AA its the nutz but when a flop such as this comes you have to lay it down
Yeah I definitely should have made the fold. I got AA a couple rounds later and the same guy gave me all the $$$ right back when he flopped a pair of kings.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com