Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why?

Old
Why? - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Why not delete offensive posts, why close a whole thread that had some good arguments almost all of which were constructive, non offensive etc....

Moderators:
Moderators are appointed and dismissed by the forum’s administrator. Moderators are forum members with elevated rights. These rights are:
• Moving, editing and deleting posts and closing topics. These actions do not have to be justified or explained to the author of the thread in question. Moderators are accountable for their decisions and actions only to the administrator.
• Pointing out adherence to forum rules
Mediating heated debates (replies may sometimes take a while because moderators may have to confer with PokerSchoolOnline and/or PokerStars)

I think the 2 hilighted parts would help, especially the last... maybe this would stop the festering disease that seems to be creeping over this forum. We have a person that makes bets then decides not to pay them after accepting them, and when it gets heated the topic is closed. All this accomplishes is more anger directed at one person, resulting in more and more of the same types of posts.
Mediate the dispute, get a solution and we can all move on. Simply closing the post will just lead to more similar posts and more anger from the community

Last edited by roomik17; Wed Mar 02, 2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Its the questioning of power that gets threads closed,we are allowed to rip into each other as long you dont question the MODs.
Look how many offensive posts go unchecked,but you mention a MOD,boom closed.

Democracy is dead in PSO land,fight the power.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Why not delete offensive posts, why close a whole thread that had some good arguments almost all of which were constructive, non offensive etc....

Moderators:
Moderators are appointed and dismissed by the forum’s administrator. Moderators are forum members with elevated rights. These rights are:
• Moving, editing and deleting posts and closing topics. These actions do not have to be justified or explained to the author of the thread in question. Moderators are accountable for their decisions and actions only to the administrator.
• Pointing out adherence to forum rules
Mediating heated debates (replies may sometimes take a while because moderators may have to confer with PokerSchoolOnline and/or PokerStars)

I think the 2 hilighted parts would help, especially the last... maybe this would stop the festering disease that seems to be creeping over this forum. We have a person that makes bets then decides not to pay them after accepting them, and when it gets heated the topic is closed. All this accomplishes is more anger directed at one person, resulting in more and more of the same types of posts.
Mediate the dispute, get a solution and we can all move on. Simply closing the post will just lead to more similar posts and more anger from the community

Hmmm,let me take a wild guess at the why here..............

"Because we said so!!!"

Am I close? Am I warm?

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Remember when PSO used to MOD the forum?
If you disagree he would throw his 15 years+ of poker play in your face to shut you up.
Looks like the current MODs just emulate that model.

I know Im one of the few that bumped heads with them,but it was something that rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:07 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
This used to be one of the fun forums around, it is becoming clear I think that it might just be time to move along to other places.. much like the pso games are just a stepping stone, maybe so this forum is too

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Looks that way or a mandate to stifle free thinking.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2010
Up the revolution

spike

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:29 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
This used to be one of the fun forums around, it is becoming clear I think that it might just be time to move along to other places.. much like the pso games are just a stepping stone, maybe so this forum is too

I have given this some thought the last few weeks myself. Especially after my last warning which I got 20 seconds after pushing the submit button. I found out that the truth about one of the teflon poster boys could get you a warning because it was considered insulting.
Upon questioning this by pm, the answer was essentially that we mods can do as they please and have to answer to no one. While this is true, the long term effect is that good people will get tired of all their petty bs and drivel from the teflon boys and will leave. It will be a sad day for pso when all they have left is pres and his ilk. And I for one will not give a RIP.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:38 PM
(#11)
I will tell you what

I too have been leaning towards leaving if not for good at least limiting my input into this forum

after reading everything that has happened in the last week and from my own expiences here i have decided this would be a good thing

i invite all of you to join me in a voluntary ten day boycot of this forum
either way i wish every one luck with this issue and i'll see you on the 13th of march

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:53 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I will tell you what

I too have been leaning towards leaving if not for good at least limiting my input into this forum

after reading everything that has happened in the last week and from my own expiences here i have decided this would be a good thing

either way i wish every one luck with this issue and i'll see you on the 13th of march

Great idea Joker, I will join you. I am fed up with the bs anyways and the mods playing favorites.

Now watch this thread disappear before it catches on.

So long

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
see you all on the 12th (maybe), I'm off too.

Old
Thumbs up
boycott - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I will tell you what

I agree but I don't feel like it will do one bit of good. I do think it will just give 10 days for the morons like Pres and his community to just have a free run of the forum. And you know the mods will just be sitting with their thumbs up you know where and nothing to do because they never reprimand the source of this forum's problems.
But I will check back on the 13th with the rest of you. And if the mod gods see fit to giving their warnings out to the problems of this forum during this 10 day boycott I will gladly apologize and eat my words. And want do you want to bet I get at least a warning for this?

OK I'm over it ! ! !

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com