Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Shout out to pfb8888

Old
Shout out to pfb8888 - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I was playing the final table of one of the warm up freerolls today. It was down to the final 7 and both I and pfb8888 were very short stacked, and he'd already survived one all in showdown. He suggested that whichever of us busted on the bubble give the other a dollar. I don't actually have any money in my account anymore so I couldn't take up the offer. As it happened, I went out in 7th and he sent me the dollar anyway. I was obviously gutted to miss out on the ticket, but it was a nice gesture, and one that he had no obligation to make.

If only all poker players were as friendly!

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Nice..

Good to see people still looking out for one another in this forum.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
very nice, a person of their word... how rare around here

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
....I guess it's just not my day.

You know the astronomer freerolls?

Well I've been playing in a few today, including the 2-7 single draw one that started over 6 hours ago with 7000 players. The tickets were for the top 56 players and I just got knocked out in 60th with a 9-low by a better 9-low. I don't really know what to say anymore.

EDIT: They say every cloud has a silver lining. Well I spent that dollar from pfb on 4 $0.25 90 man SNGs. I won nothing in the first 3, but came 2nd with my last $0.25 to win $4.16. Interestingly, that's actually more than the worth of the ticket I didn't win!

Last edited by Stephen86730; Wed Mar 02, 2011 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Not double posting.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com