Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

OK Class..........

Old
OK Class.......... - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Here's what we learned today............

A. Making prop bets in the forum and welching on them---OK

B. Lying about having ever made the bets in question--- OK

C. Talking about this bit of classless,pathetic chicanery--- NOT OK

Chances this thread will NOT be closed before the bottom of the hour--- ZERO

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Your supposed to post stuff like this in the suggestion box so they can ignore it and you get a false
hope that they are listening.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrubberz View Post
Your supposed to post stuff like this in the suggestion box so they can ignore it and you get a false
hope that they are listening.

Isn't that the truth. Any suggestion sent to PokerStars comes back with a canned reply. If you translate the diplomatic lingo, their message is:

Dear sir/madame,

Shove your suggestions up your (censored) as we don't give a (explative deleted) what you think.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I know the internet, so I know this is a mostly pointless attempt, but . . . moderating is HARD. Don't get all riled up unless you've tried it - civil discusions are few and far between on the net for a reason. Well, many reasons, but you know what I mean.

I'm new, so I won't try and debate the specifics of this situation. But in general, building a civil community requires a LOT of people being willing to be more tolerent and generous towards the bad eggs than those bad eggs really deserve. Sure, sometimes you need to take a hard line, but the hard line shouldn't be the first step, even with a "known offender." At least, that's what my experience tells me.

Usually, that's all way too much work and the best attitude is "it's just the internet - live with it."

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Moderating is hard when you have to do more than type closed thread and fire off a copy of the rules to the offender.

Mods should be active in the forum,not lurking in the background.
They should be able to give reasons why they closed a thread.
Ive said it before and every time they close a thread with no reasoning it will get worse.
You need to be accountable to the forum and the PSO,you cant just be a lap dog for PSO and expect respect from the forum members,it doesnt work like that.

This is a half gripe on the mods but I think a lot of the blame can be put on PSO.
They set the rules and they are the ones absent in all of this.
I know they are around,since the "who is online" feature shows them lurking quite often.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:19 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Moderating is hard when you have to do more than type closed thread and fire off a copy of the rules to the offender.

Mods should be active in the forum,not lurking in the background.
They should be able to give reasons why they closed a thread.
Ive said it before and every time they close a thread with no reasoning it will get worse.
You need to be accountable to the forum and the PSO,you cant just be a lap dog for PSO and expect respect from the forum members,it doesnt work like that.

This is a half gripe on the mods but I think a lot of the blame can be put on PSO.
They set the rules and they are the ones absent in all of this.
I know they are around,since the "who is online" feature shows them lurking quite often.
What he said^^^^^^^^^

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:43 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
For the record - I agree, if you're trying to do good job moderating, giving reasons is needed. Extensive debate/explanation of those reasons can sometimes be just as damaging as not giving any, but a basic reason is needed. Otherwise, you can't expect behavior to change in the manner you desire.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 06:44 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Or she

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
All good stuff here, especially about the suggestion box thread and that false hope feeling that they even look at it.
But in regards to the mods, closing a thread really doesn't solve whatever the problem might be. It is true it is actually making things worse. Part of the enjoyment out of the forum is seeing what some people think or feel about different subjects usually related to but not exclusive to poker. When you have so many different personalities on here you are going to have "clashes". And for the most part they are just spirited debate. But occasionally you get something that brings out a little more than that. For example, the Tazz "fast curve" challenge. If the challenge actually had some merit or if Tazz was a respected player in the league, the responses in that thread would likely have been much nicer. Unfortunately neither of those things is true. And it doesn't help that these "problem" threads usually have an OP who will not try to extinguish the flames but throw more wood on the fire, which makes the thread burn longer and much hotter. I would say that when the flames are burning at forest fire levels and people are making indecent comments, then it is time for the moderator to step up and be the hero. As it currently stands, the moderators are looking like the villians here. Which is a shame because the actual staff has all but vanished, leaving the work for these mods to deal with. I would not want to be a moderator for fear that I, as with them, would abuse the power. Hopefully they come back to earth soon.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:11 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
bump

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Moderating is hard ...
Couldn't disagree with you more here rubberz. For me, moderating would be pretty damn easy. Threads would be spinning out of control--nothing would ever get closed--I'd be drinking a beer and wondering how hard I should push my 97 off this time.

Seriously, if two people want to beat each other to death in a thread, why do I give a crap. If it is amusing, I'll grab popcorn and watch. If not, I'll ignore it.

When people lose me, I don't go into their threads any more. Unless of course, I see you or someone else I like to read is the last post. Then I go for insght or humor.

My point is I self moderate. And if I was the mod, everyone else would have to self moderate too.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:36 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Its like that now,ok..
just remember who started what!

Misquote me and its on like Donkey Kong.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:40 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

me like Donkey
LOL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com