Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Loserville

Old
Loserville - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 07:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I am finished with poker. I just can't take this bullshit anymore. Anybody that ever tells you that this is a game of skill is full of shit. If you are not lucky at this game you're screwed and that's the reality of it all. Unfortunatly for me I have no luck at all and no matter how good I play I get screwed no matter what. Some people are born to win and some are born to lose, I know what catagory I fall in so screw this bullshit game.

Old
Question for You - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 09:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Instead of complaining because you lost, think about these few statements:

1. Why is it that you often see the same players running deep in tournaments.
2. There is a reason that someone picks. Its called poker, not the lottery or bingo.
3. If you are having a problem with this, and you are a member of POKER SCHOOL ONLINE, then read the courses and before insulting people who play poker and the godly game, and then in 1 month when you can finally grasp these concepts and ideas to make you a more successful player, I want you to post a topic saying that you can't believe what you said.

I hope someone saves you.

Strikeseven

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 09:27 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSeven View Post
Instead of complaining because you lost, think about these few statements:

1. Why is it that you often see the same players running deep in tournaments.
2. There is a reason that someone picks. Its called poker, not the lottery or bingo.
3. If you are having a problem with this, and you are a member of POKER SCHOOL ONLINE, then read the courses and before insulting people who play poker and the godly game, and then in 1 month when you can finally grasp these concepts and ideas to make you a more successful player, I want you to post a topic saying that you can't believe what you said.

Strikeseven
They have to want to save themselves...

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeSeven View Post
Well it won't be me. Offer withdrawn.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL_McC View Post
I am finished with poker. I just can't take this bullshit anymore. Anybody that ever tells you that this is a game of skill is full of shit. If you are not lucky at this game you're screwed and that's the reality of it all. Unfortunatly for me I have no luck at all and no matter how good I play I get screwed no matter what. Some people are born to win and some are born to lose, I know what catagory I fall in so screw this bullshit game.
You're pretty close to the record for most times having quit...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
You're pretty close to the record for most times having quit...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

what is the record now ???

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Yet another poor soul that comes to the PSO donkathon and expects to see, let alone play, poker. There is a luck factor to this league. Pock aces, for instance, get cracked in this league way more than they should because so many people are playing cards they should be folding. That is why the top 100 stall and fold to the payouts and anyone trying to play poker bounces around the standings like a ping pong ball. Freerolls are not a place to witness poker being played, even ones disguised as a skill league.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:22 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I suggest you read the book - Fold Your Way to Winning by Fill I.V.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Look up information on Randy Lew ('Nanonoko' on pokerstars). He plays up to 24 cash tables at a time and has shown a profit of 2BB/100 hands or something. He's played several million hands for a profit of well over a million dollars. You CAN win at poker in the long run. Lots of people win at poker, but Randy is a perfect example of how someones skill can give them an edge and win over time.

Poker is not for everyone. I hate to see people give up on the game, but if you can't handle it then maybe it is just not for you...

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 12:02 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
I gave up once

Only lasted a couple of days , had withdrawl symptoms

Needed a fix

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 04:06 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
last week some of the best players here offered you help.and now you post this!so maybe you should go play bingo at the old folks home.oh wait you cant because you have no luck.you can feel sorry for yourself dont need luck for that.

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 04:24 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
I just hope for his sake Loserville is near Margaritaville.

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 05:02 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Wow dude...you have played in a total of five (5) games in this league. Do you think you are so good that you should have won them? Is that the real problem here?

Winners never quit and quitters never win!

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 05:40 AM
(#14)
eff it i quit the record stands zzzzz

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 09:46 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Poker is a game that is composed of luck and skill in equal portions. Unless you subscribe to the notion that the site's random number generator isn't random, that the site targets certain players to win, or that there is a program that reveals every card, the distribution of the cards is an act of pure chance. If you are lucky, you will have an unusually higher distribution of power cards. The cards in the community will fit your hole cards like a custom made pair of gloves if random chance favors you more often. This cannot be controled and is too erratic.

The skill element comes into play once you see the cards. There is a skill in knowing if the ones you hold have a better chance of winning than others. There is skill in betting as that will tell you if your opponent has a fair, good, or excellent hand. There is skill in knowing if the flop helped, and by how much. There is skill on each subsequent street as you bet to learn if your opponent is stronger, or weaker than you.

If you are in a live game, let's not dismiss the personal factor that can affect the card play. Is a player telegraphing his hand's strength through some mannerism? What does his body language tell you? Can you bluff now, or should you wait until later? All these takes skill.

Skill will take most players a lot further than luck. A lucky player can go deep. A very lucky player can win it. But the skillful player will consistently run deeper because he learns how to avoid those players when their luck is good and they profit if it runs sour. There is a reason why the top 100 players in this leage seldom changes, and it isn't luck.

Old
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 10:27 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
But the skillful player will consistently run deeper because he learns how to avoid those players when their luck is good and they profit if it runs sour.
?
Sounds like superstition to me...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com