Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Play Better

Old
Play Better - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
I just placed 51 out of 2000 in tourny 409010565 won 50 bucks proud of myself .Took Poker School's advice for beginners play TIGHT wait for the top hole cards and play them hard .I don't just trust to luck anymore ,love the game will learn position next THANK YOU Poker School. Just had to brag so pleased with myself

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I have to agree with you. I have recently improved my game quite a bit. And, honestly, I've improved it by everything you have stated here. Play tight, play premium hole cards, and play it hard. The only thing that I now do in addition, that you didn't list, was not to play silly on the flop. IE: I stopped chasing the river, and I stopped thinking my flopped straight was simply the best hand on the board.

Now, I certainly haven't gained $50, but I have been above a zero balance. And that friend, isn't any of my money! Now it is time for me to find the other holes in my game and cork 'em.

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 09:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
YEA good advice dont go fishing , it don't PAY . If I have say two hearts dealt and two more drop in the flop I will call a bet so long as the price ain't too high but you are correct I wont try to make a hand IT JUST DON'T WORK . I will learn to PLAY BETTER .I won't play again before I understand position , I will spend the time learning instead of spending my money

Old
Wed Mar 02, 2011, 10:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessMyk View Post
I have to agree with you. I have recently improved my game quite a bit. And, honestly, I've improved it by everything you have stated here. Play tight, play premium hole cards, and play it hard. The only thing that I now do in addition, that you didn't list, was not to play silly on the flop. IE: I stopped chasing the river, and I stopped thinking my flopped straight was simply the best hand on the board.

Now, I certainly haven't gained $50, but I have been above a zero balance. And that friend, isn't any of my money! Now it is time for me to find the other holes in my game and cork 'em.
What? A flopped straight isn't the best hand in poker. Well I'm currently in tourney #409010693. 70th out of 5800+. if anyone's bored. I'm chip biotch atm, so, may not be in it long. -shark

PS. NM out number 70th. All in w/ AK vs KK and AA's Oh well do better next time. Always tomorrow. GL all.

Last edited by sharkatack89; Wed Mar 02, 2011 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Tourney Update.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com