Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

When to get out?

Old
When to get out? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I started playing online poker about 2 months ago and seem to have the feel of the site pretty good now, but I have found myself playing at bigger tables than I should and one bad beat or a good beat drains my bakroll. I have just been fooling around trying to take a chance, but now I am ready to get serious. Since I been on the site I find myself when I do run out of funds I always deposit $10 in, but I am tired of playing the mini tables with the 1 to 4 cent blinds though I do like the tables with the 0.05/0.10 and 0.10/0.25 blinds and these are the ones I prefer to play until I can master the game and move to the next level, which for me will still be at the micro level 0.10/0.20 blinds, and 0.25/0.50, I found at those tables you can make enough to pay for the expensive gas at least.....lol! I am told I should have enough in my account to cover the big blind 200 times(200 buy ins worth) So for example at the 0.05/0.10 I would need a bankroll of aat least $20.00, but if I am not getting the cards that day and just getting beat by crap, how much money do I lose before enough is enough? If I drop down to say $12 or $13, should I continue to play at that table, go to a smaller table or just pack it in for the day? Thanks for your help!

Old
?? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 09:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
here is a general guide-- that will surprise you-- gl-- monk...

http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy...ll-management/

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks, well no wonder I am losing my money from time to time, I don't have the proper amount of amount for the tables I am playing at. my next deposit will be my last, in the future I will only be withdrawing money instead of putting it in. Wow thanks for the info!

Old
?? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#4)
also- the best bang for your buck - micro- are the 25 cent 45 and 90 man sngs-- start with 10$ - grind those 4 at a time for a month-- see where you are at-- gl-- monk...

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I usually play 3 tables at a time, but I will step it up and play 4. Yeah a month should tell me if I am a winning or losing player I suppose. I will take youe advice and play the micro tables, should I play limit or no limit, and how many hands or hours a day would you recommend I play? Thanks!

Old
?? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#6)
to be honest- ida leave the ring games alone for awhile- build a roll playin those 25 centers- play 4 at a time- and until u not havin fun anymore- also- ure gonna see alot of the same peeps in those-- take notes on other multitablers-- etc.. gl monk--

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com