Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Post your hands and have them analyzed

Old
Post your hands and have them analyzed - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hi Members,
We would really like to get more interaction from our members in this forum.
So we have asked our live training instructor The Langolier to swing by and analyze some of the hands that are posted. This is not just about Dave giving his thoughts and opinions we really would welcome the input and thoughts from you too. There are many different ways to play hands and everyone has their own opinions, so lets hear them.

To make it more exciting and In order for your hand to be analyzed we would prefer hands to be posted using the new hand analysis tool.

The new tool is easy to use and you can find the instructions here

If you are having issues understanding how to use the PSO Hand Replayer and Odds Calculator, Dave (The Langolier) conducted a live training session to help you all. Post your hand using the hand replayer and get your hand being analyzed in the hand analysis forum.

Check out the Hand Replayer and Odds Calculator Instructional training session video

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Mar 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#2)
(Administrator)
WhiteStar

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6C12AE9CAA

You can't even edit with comments?

Last edited by JT_Sooooted; Fri Mar 04, 2011 at 11:43 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#4)
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
I have posted the hand into the hand replayer as you can see above and you can post comments about the hand in the reply to that thread.

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 12:18 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
I have posted the hand into the hand replayer as you can see above and you can post comments about the hand in the reply to that thread.

However, I can't comment within the same post. I was testing it just as you were. It will not allow me to make comments when posting the "replayed" hand. No worries...........

JT

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Is it ok to get cute here with AA? Table was spewy yet and a raise was sure to come. If not, I have the ability to lay AA. Otherwise, I get a pot such as this. Anyway I can get original raiser in with cold call?

JT

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I think it's ok JT as long as you're confident the raise behind is coming. One of the things you have to take into consideration is your image. For example, take me... I pretty much never open limp into pots. So for me, if I Iimp in EP, it will arouse suspicion in anyone who has been paying attention, and I'm better off just open raising. On the other hand, if the table is spewy and I don't think people are paying attention, then perhaps the tricky play has merit.

If you flat the cold caller might come... he has enough chips to reraise as an isolation play on the short stack. Then again, your limp/cold call of the 3b shove looks super strong anyway imo, so again it's opponent specific. vs. some players they'll think your cold call is weak and you can be pushed off your hand. Vs. more astute players you're more likely to look "weak" (relatively speaking) if you reshove because it then looks like YOU are isolating the all in and don't want him to call. If the original raiser was spewy, the reraise shove is fine, he may think you're isoing and spaz in some poor hands like AQ, plus you ensure getting KK/QQ/JJ in immediately this way (as I don't think he's folding those usually).

Dave

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
New posters: Please open a new thread to post hh's for analysis. Please try and have a go at using the replayer. I've been asked to put together a live training on the forum tool's usage, so that will be coming in one of the currently scheduled "TBA (to be announced)" slots already on the Live Training calendar.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
This is not just about Dave giving his thoughts and opinions we really would welcome the input and thoughts from you too. There are many different ways to play hands and everyone has their own opinions, so lets hear them.
+1000. The more participation and interaction, the more and the faster we all will grow.

Dave

Old
how to post hand - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 02:03 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
don't see a button to post a new thread,only reply to other threads....am i missing something??or should i just paste my hand here?if so,here it is....wondering if i should've gotten away,or what?

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2011
PokerStars Game #59263076179: Tournament #368288648, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2011/03/15 18:39:48 ET
Table '368288648 121' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: Pokito53 (2445 in chips)
Seat 3: EasyChips4U (780 in chips)
Seat 4: franaloha (2095 in chips)
Seat 5: Chinook146 (6078 in chips)
Seat 6: HandPat (2900 in chips)
Seat 7: SnapperJohn1 (1065 in chips)
Seat 8: HurtToSit (7312 in chips)
Seat 9: myoho01 (3135 in chips)
Pokito53: posts the ante 25
EasyChips4U: posts the ante 25
franaloha: posts the ante 25
Chinook146: posts the ante 25
HandPat: posts the ante 25
SnapperJohn1: posts the ante 25
HurtToSit: posts the ante 25
myoho01: posts the ante 25
EasyChips4U: posts small blind 125
franaloha: posts big blind 250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to EasyChips4U [9h 9s]
Dave3290 is connected
Chinook146: folds
HandPat: calls 250
myoho01 said, "hurt you r a moron"
HurtToSit said, "No I'm not."
HurtToSit said, "I'm a freakin mind reader."
SnapperJohn1: calls 250
HurtToSit: calls 250
myoho01 said, "picking on a lady yeah u r"
HandPat said, "not his fault he is an idit"
myoho01: folds
myoho01 said, "lol"
HandPat said, "idiot"
HurtToSit said, "Dude I've listened to her bs chat for months."
Pokito53: folds
myoho01 said, "sure u have"
HandPat said, "then u should know more"
EasyChips4U: calls 125
franaloha: checks
*** FLOP *** [Qd 9d Jh]
HurtToSit said, "I know you like to narrate your life."
HurtToSit said, "as if its so important."
EasyChips4U: bets 505 and is all-in
franaloha: folds
HandPat: folds
SnapperJohn1: raises 285 to 790 and is all-in
HurtToSit: calls 790
myoho01 said, "evenually more important than yours"
Chinook146 said, "look at your stats then instead of the chat"
*** TURN *** [Qd 9d Jh] [4c]
*** RIVER *** [Qd 9d Jh 4c] [Ks]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SnapperJohn1: shows [Th Kh] (a straight, Nine to King)
HurtToSit: shows [Td Jd] (a straight, Nine to King)
SnapperJohn1 collected 285 from side pot
HurtToSit collected 285 from side pot
EasyChips4U: shows [9h 9s] (three of a kind, Nines)
SnapperJohn1 collected 1483 from main pot
HurtToSit collected 1482 from main pot
EasyChips4U finished the tournament in 575th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3535 Main pot 2965. Side pot 570. | Rake 0
Board [Qd 9d Jh 4c Ks]
Seat 2: Pokito53 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: EasyChips4U (small blind) showed [9h 9s] and lost with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 4: franaloha (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Chinook146 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: HandPat folded on the Flop
Seat 7: SnapperJohn1 showed [Th Kh] and won (1768) with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 8: HurtToSit showed [Td Jd] and won (1767) with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 9: myoho01 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

OK... I'm short stacked once again (so what else is new?), and I limp from SB wid 9h9s. The Flop gives me my set... but i'm up against possible flush draw as well as st8 draw (if the st8 isn't already made). My thought process is... I'm looking 2 boat. Pot is $1450... I have $505 left (just over 1/3 Pot), and 1st to act. My outs r 7 (9c,Qs,Qh,Qc,Js,Jh,Jc), or, 28% to hit Turn or River (just under 1/3). If I dun pair on Turn, my outs increase by 3, or 20% to hit on River (1/5). Pot odds approximately 3:1... but... Implied odds r @ least 5:1... as it is multi player (4 others)... and I expect no less than 2 callers after my shove... Pot odds would dictate this. And then the subsequent result. Comments?

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2011
i thought i was posting table play... any advice?

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.quiver View Post
don't see a button to post a new thread,only reply to other threads....am i missing something??or should i just paste my hand here?if so,here it is....wondering if i should've gotten away,or what?
Welcome to the forum Cpt.!
In order to start a thread, you need to choose the correct forum and go to it. You can either choose a forum from the forum home page, or in the gray tab.."Go To" and the drop menu will list all the forums. Then once you're there, up top in the gray line, you will see a tab for "New Topic." Hit that and you're good to go.
Hope you're enjoying everything. If you have any questions..this group is more than helpful.
I'll send you a pm this week.
Take care and best o' luck!

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Tue Mar 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: stopped writing half way through. :P

Old
new topic - Wed Mar 16, 2011, 10:11 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Welcome to the forum Cpt.!
In order to start a thread, you need to choose the correct forum and go to it. You can either choose a forum from the forum home page, or in the gray tab.."Go To" and the drop menu will list all the forums. Then once you're there, up top in the gray line, you will see a tab for "New Topic." Hit that and you're good to go.
Hope you're enjoying everything. If you have any questions..this group is more than helpful.
I'll send you a pm this week.
Take care and best o' luck!
got it,thx....About the hand?should I have gotten away?

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
i thought i was posting table play... any advice?
I'll throw you a couple pennys,for what they're worth....In tournaments,I don't value pot odds quite the same...I don't find that it works out very well,of course(imho)in free and low stks pkr,I have to adjust my game in a few areas....all that being said,hard not to shove in your circumstances there,but if you could check,and see a bet,raise...maybe you get away....not that,I could.....lol

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 11:04 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.quiver View Post
got it,thx....About the hand?should I have gotten away?
Tough hand.
The only thing I don't like about the replayer is that it doesn't show what you're playing. If this is a pso tourney, or a satellite, I think you may have gotten away from it on his min raise on the flop...but that is very, very tough still. Just very bad luck that he spiked a 2 outer.
I have notes on myslef that say beware of sets and overpairs..don't get too confident in just top pair.
Not many players can get away from your hand. Even w/ the straight and flush draw, it is just tough to get away from.
A little history on a player helps to analyze a hand as well. Was the player tight? If so, then it makes the fold a bit easier, but still tough.

Old
Sun Mar 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:49 PM
(#19)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
I don't know what I am doing wrong to post the hand.. if this posts.. how could I have bet differently to get more of wilma0930 chips in the pot?

Last edited by misns; Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: didn't post

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#20)
I returned your pm misns. Welcome to the forum.
Ok.... going to have to admit, I haven't tried this yet. Would anyone be able to help this new player understand how to use the replayer.
Misns I sent you a link in the pm that explains everything, but I'm hoping someone might be able to explain it, if it's a bit complicated. Most here know that I'm a bit of a newb on the computer still.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com