Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why take notes ?

Old
Default
Why take notes ? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 07:51 PM
(#1)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Just so you all know-- if you have any notes on bigman232 - a decent player and very active in the league-- and microstakes--he is now - wolfguy23 -- this name change thing stars allows and does not allow, seems a little off to me-- anyway-- gl all-- monk...
 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#2)
sharkatack89's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 536
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
Just so you all know-- if you have any notes on bigman232 - a decent player and very active in the league-- and microstakes--he is now - wolfguy23 -- this name change thing stars allows and does not allow, seems a little off to me-- anyway-- gl all-- monk...
We can change names???

I want to change my name. -Chicken Shark Attacks Sometimes Other Times He Just Kills Time. Whad ya think? -csasothjkt.
 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:00 PM
(#3)
ericlee1984's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 311
BronzeStar
you can change your name? how?....
 
Old
Default
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:07 PM
(#4)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
You contact support. You're not supposed to be able to except under very specific conditions, though.

You know, I never actually checked if just 'Panicky' was taken when I signed up... I just assumed it was...
 
Old
Default
?? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#5)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
was just talkin to him at my table and says he went through security to change-- nice enuff guy-- good player too-- just makes me wonder the hows and whys that some can and others cannot????
 
Old
Default
hmmm - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 02:46 AM
(#6)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
was just talkin to him at my table and says he went through security to change-- nice enuff guy-- good player too-- just makes me wonder the hows and whys that some can and others cannot????

hmmmm.

What makes me think sometimes, is why someone would bring this up in an open forum,

you said he's a nice guy, and that he went thru security, but you bring it up here,

really, what are you trying to say or do with this thread.

your not sure, but you open the doors to wonder,

which at times, is not a good thing,

you don't know the whole story yet, so why post it here, find out 1st,

then post,

cheers
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 08:02 AM
(#7)
snapper1231's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 106
BronzeStar
I agree with you eff it sound like you just have to have something to complain about monkey jmo
 
Old
Default
??????????? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 08:50 AM
(#8)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
figures the monotype metaphor would jump on me for this- chill out effer- you too snapper- the guy has played 100 games a month in the pso- for 7 months- changes name and doesnt tell anyone-
the reason stars do not allow name changes - unless under very special circumstances- is so that a player does not gain an advantage- which he/she clearly has now-- if you don't see this well -- perhaps you not as smart as you think you are- i did not slam the guy- imo- he should have put this in the forum himself-- okay smartass-- go back to to your silly flame threads numpties-- ciao-- gl ..monk..
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#9)
snapper1231's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 106
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
figures the monotype metaphor would jump on me for this- chill out effer- you too snapper- the guy has played 100 games a month in the pso- for 7 months- changes name and doesnt tell anyone-
the reason stars do not allow name changes - unless under very special circumstances- is so that a player does not gain an advantage- which he/she clearly has now-- if you don't see this well -- perhaps you not as smart as you think you are- i did not slam the guy- imo- he should have put this in the forum himself-- okay smartass-- go back to to your silly flame threads numpties-- ciao-- gl ..monk..
How much have you seen bigman232 post in here? i have never seen him post 1 thing if so please prove me wrong. Do you even know why he had a name change? If not why dont you send him a pm and ask get the facts and THEN post it on here to try and make someone look bad.
 
Old
Default
?? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:04 AM
(#10)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
What part do you not get- I talked with him for 20 minutes- I have the facts- i did not accuse him of any wrong doing-and he reads the forums regularly-so he says- what is your issue snapper??-- as to why the name change-- thats how this started- i asked him that very ??- when he said at the table he had placed 11th in the 1/4 million under a different name- and chooses not to say why-- okay - i hazard to guess if mccriss or another person that goes after multi accounters had brought this up- we would not be having this conversation- i passed on some info- use it - dont use it- IDC-- nuff said-----------

FYI- HE ALSO SAID HE HAD NO ISSUE WITH ME PUTTING IN FORUM-- SO IF HE HAS NO ISSUE-- PRAY TELL WHY DO YOU??????????????????????????

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Sat Mar 05, 2011 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: addendum-??
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:16 AM
(#11)
Ace King 61's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
BronzeStar
I don't understand why they would let a real money player change names. That goes completely against why the rule was made in the first place. Sounds like the witness protection program to me. Not implying anything there, so don't take it the wrong way.

It took me 3 weeks to get a user name change at FT and I never played real money over there. That was the only way they let me change and I had a good reason. I changed it so players that know me here would also recognize me there...so they agreed to the change.

Seems to be happening more than it should here lately...IMO.
 
Old
Default
yo monk - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#12)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
yo monk,

your a rat effin goof, so glad your in canada goof, you pick on the weak, we will meet you rat effin goof,, trust me on that,

mods, will take my warning now, or ban.

monk, this is no warning, really l'm not a nice guy, soon you will know this,

you effin rat goof,

if you know where l come from, rat goof, is the worse thing someone can be called,

monk you rat effin goof, forum cop, lol you effin rat,

just can't wait to meet, effin rat goof

cheers all

Last edited by effsea; Sat Mar 05, 2011 at 09:32 AM..
 
Old
Default
?? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#13)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Hey ace-- thanks for reading my OP and comprehending it- rather than tryin to pick a fight with me-- i am questioning the policy of stars here- NOT slammin anyone-- wow-- gl..monk..
 
Old
Default
?? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:29 AM
(#14)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
yo monk,

your a rat effin goof, so glad your in canada goof, you pick on the weak, we will meet you rat effin goof,, trust me on that,

mods, will take my warning now, or ban.

monk, this is no warning, really l'm not a nice guy, soon you will know this,

you effin rat goof,

if you know where l come from, rat goof, is the worse thing someone can be called,

monk you rat effin goof,

cheers all
wow eff-- again you show how little you know of poker etiquette-- mind your business little man-- mind your business-- want my address- you wont last 2 hours in my town-- internet threats-- who is the goof????
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#15)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
LOL you make a post in the general forum... its everyones business lol
 
Old
Default
yes - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#16)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
wow eff-- again you show how little you know of poker etiquette-- mind your business little man-- mind your business-- want my address- you wont last 2 hours in my town-- internet threats-- who is the goof????

yes please rat, why didn't you send it in the pm you sent me?

monk, not kidding here, send it to me

cheers
 
Old
Default
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#17)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
I am so happy I am awake this time lol
 
Old
Default
lol - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#18)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I am so happy I am awake this time lol
lol...just trying to make your day room, you know l'm always trying my best to do that,

you being the only one here, knowing what l'm really like, or am,

cheers
 
Old
Default
?? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#19)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
heres some thing for you to mull over iffsea-- you know the home game you have set up?- consider this- over a period of time- say 1 year- with the same people playing most of the time- and pretty much at the same skill level-- all you are really doing is trading cash back and forth- and giving rake to pokerstars-- that IS HILARIOUS- also- by calling me a rat- that implies wolfguy was doing something wrong- or hiding something- doesnt it-- you are not doing your friend any favors here-- time to sharpen your pencil-- and i told you in that pm where i be every evening- gl withh all you do--
 
Old
Default
waitng - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#20)
effsea's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,609
still waiting for your address monk,please send it in your next pm
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com