Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

tourney's?

Old
Exclamation
tourney's? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
how do i enter the pso tourney's after i sign up for membership?

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
You need to pass the core quizz first. At that point, you'll get a ticket to the PSO League games. These can be found on the Tournament, Private tab from the main page. Just one thing, be sure you are using PokerStars dot com and not PokerStars dot net. You cannot access the school from the net program.

Sometimes the system is a little slow awarding the tickets. If you passed the core test, contact PokerStars Support from the main page if you don't have the ticket after a full day. I would also contact the Poker School Staff using the contact button too.

And remember, you have a full month to move upward. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Is the ticket good for the month or do you have to take the quiz each day to get a new ticket?

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
no the ticket is good from there on out,

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
what is fpp and how do i get them?

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/#HowdoIearnVPPs

p.s. if you're talking about the 20 you need to be "active" in pso, its vpp's not fpp's. you get fpp's when u earn vpp's. i gotta go pp now.

gl. j.

Last edited by johannfl; Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 03:01 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by susano0o View Post
what is fpp and how do i get them?

FPPS

WORTHLESS!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!! If you get a thousand of these and zero vpps, you will still be ineligible.

VPPS

These are earned playing cash games. Look for the number after the + symble on the tournaments, including sit and go games. That number is the fee and earns vpps. For example, a $1.00 + .10 game earns 0.55 vpps

In ring games, vpps are earned via the rake, which starts at 20-cent pots. Most important, you earn vpps by folding your hand. Do not sit out, that gets you nothing. There is a difference.

As you can tell, this really is a sore topic to the old hedgehog. Why? Well, one month I managed to earn 23 FPPS and thought I would become active. Guess who was a white star the following month? Don't let it happen to you.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
lol@ the ol hedgehog. i knew that was coming, just thought the spanking would be worse. you got off easy this time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com