Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Women's section /

Where are all the Women?

Old
Cool
Where are all the Women? - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 09:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I am pretty new to poker and just love playing (and learning) in the WPL. Even placed once! lol It looks like this forum isn't getting much use. I know it isn't because there are not very many chatty women here! So I have a couple of challenges for the ladies!

1. Every time you play here (or anywhere really) talk to the ladies at your table about joining the league and about this forum. Spread the word! I didn't even realize this forum existed, just stumbled across it looking for something else. I'm sure there are others like me!

2. Come by the forum every couple of days, even if just to say HI! The more posts there are, the more comfortable the women coming by will feel.

And a challenge for whom ever at Poker Stars who can...... add a link to the forum to the Women's Poker League homepage

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
that link would be a fine idea...
I have to go to a tourney, pull up the tournament lobby then click on the link in there...
because i keep forgetting to make it a fav on my browser.. lol

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
There are plenty of women in the PSO and you will find that alot of them are

really good poker players.

Old
. - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:58 PM
(#4)
You will find a lot of women playing here. We don't advertise our presence, but we're here.

Most of the men don't want to admit that they lose to us. but there you go. Climb the ladder, cash in the PSO league, and go from there.

There's money to be made, just do it...

Good luck!!

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 02:00 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
just so u know.....i love playing with girls.

it's just so much better live

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 05:07 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoplives View Post
just so u know.....i love playing with girls.

it's just so much better live

Tsk,tsk,tsk..............

Put it back in your squarepants,Spongebob.

............."Winning!!!"

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
it was a lighthearted joke........i really do like having a girl at the table in a live setting..
us guys can get downright mean sometimes, and with a girl around it seems to brighten things up a little. also, the poker room i play at, there are some really really good girls that play there.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#8)
Chillax man,I was just funning ya.

**Winning**

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
lol..........i know u were, just didn't want the girlies to take it the wrong way.

god, everything i seem to say has some sexual innuendo to it......lol ^^^

"winning!!"

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I have learned a lot from the PSO and have really enjoyed playing in the tournaments. I like playing in the Women's League because they don't seem to be as "crazy" as the other tournaments! lol Looking forward to learning more and improving my game! Maybe some day I will get brave enough to risk more than a couple of bucks! lol

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#11)
[QUOTE=erinass;258705 I know it isn't because there are not very many chatty women here!

All the chatty women are spending time at their 12 step program erin! It's called ONANDON ANON

Gidee Up!

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
~just rolls eyes and adds nothing more~

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I'm here , I'm here....WOW, I just get so sidetracked and forget about the women....the poor poor women.

Old
Go girls!! - Tue Mar 15, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I love playing PSO and it is awesome how well a lot of the women are doing! Go ladies! We need to make a mark (btw....I am open to any suggestions so I can make my mark! LOL)

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayleegirl View Post
I love playing PSO and it is awesome how well a lot of the women are doing! Go ladies! We need to make a mark (btw....I am open to any suggestions so I can make my mark! LOL)
Sorry ladies..just had to jump in here to welcome a new forum contributor.
Welcome to the league and the forum Braylee. If you have any questions..this group is more than helpful. If you wish, I have a home game for new members and the info can be found in the New Members Forum.
Take care and best o' luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKICK View Post
I'm here , I'm here....WOW, I just get so sidetracked and forget about the women....the poor poor women.
Tex...I just love the new avatar. How cool are you?

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Thanks for the welcome! and btw; congrats on the new baby boy, what a joy!!!

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:59 AM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Tex...I just love the new avatar. How cool are you?
I'm still trying to figure out what the new avatar is. Between Tex and Dave, I have massive avatar curiosity!

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayleegirl View Post
Thanks for the welcome! and btw; congrats on the new baby boy, what a joy!!!
Thank you very much Braylee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the new avatar is. Between Tex and Dave, I have massive avatar curiosity!
It's from Led Zeppelin. They used it in the song remains the same movie and other places. Quite iconic.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com