Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Anniversary satellite turbo FAILURE

Old
Anniversary satellite turbo FAILURE - Fri Mar 04, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
So, ericthemod (I'll call him that to distinguish from some other guy named eric who apparently used to forum-tilt a lot) shipped me a dollar to play the Anniversary Millions satellite as part of the recent "whitestar opportunity"(s). Thanks again, eric! That about doubled my bankroll, so spending it on one tourney is totalbad BR management, but . . . it's what he sent it to me for, I figured I should use it for that and not 10 tencent tournies.

I did not adjust well to the different, turbo environment. I was playing too tight early, too lose when I got shortstacked, and the REAL quick rising blinds (and I thought the PSO tournies were quick) killed me.

Anywhere to practice turbos cheap? Despite somehow managing to get into the Mohegan Sun final on the 30th, I don't think I'm really ready to play that format.

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
there are a few 10 cent turbo mtt's during the day. 9am, 3pm and latenight central time.

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm playing 55 cent turbos right now. You can play for as low as 10 cents, and 2 cents if you want an even faster structure. They're in the sit & go section.

Old
Fri Mar 04, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Great, JWK, Panicky. I found the Sit n Go's - sign up and wait for 'em to fill, which looks like it takes a while. And the .10 turbos - don't know why I missed those before.

Thanks! Maybe next time someone ships me a dollar, I'll put it to better use . . .

Last edited by uhrren; Sat Mar 05, 2011 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: fix typos

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
I played .10 tourneys for a long time to build my bankroll. I started with nothing, and built from there. I'm currently close to 200.00 bucks. It can be done, you just have to be patient.

Good luck!!

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
I think these are a good starting point to build your roll from. I found some success in these early on when I started with $5 from a free roll. The fields are ridiculously soft play tight catch and hand and it will get paid off. You will see a lot of loose calls, don't be surprised when you shove AK and the guy in the BB calls for half his stack with 10 9 off suit. Stuff like that happens all the time, thats why they are so beatable. If you manage a few deep runs your roll will grow nicely.

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 01:44 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thanks again, everyone!

Old
Anniversary Millions satellite - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 03:54 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhrren View Post
So, ericthemod (I'll call him that to distinguish from some other guy named eric who apparently used to forum-tilt a lot) shipped me a dollar to play the Anniversary Millions satellite as part of the recent "whitestar opportunity"(s). Thanks again, eric! That about doubled my bankroll, so spending it on one tourney is totalbad BR management, but . . . it's what he sent it to me for, I figured I should use it for that and not 10 tencent tournies.

I did not adjust well to the different, turbo environment. I was playing too tight early, too lose when I got shortstacked, and the REAL quick rising blinds (and I thought the PSO tournies were quick) killed me.

Anywhere to practice turbos cheap? Despite somehow managing to get into the Mohegan Sun final on the 30th, I don't think I'm really ready to play that format.
Uhrren, your description of what happened in the satellite exactly reflects my experience.
At least I spent the Dollar according to the wishes of the benefactor.
Those Turbo Blinds snuck up too fast!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com