Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

is buying play money chips legal?

Old
is buying play money chips legal? - Sat Mar 05, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
im having issues with making echeck deposits and dont wanna wait 10 days, so is it legal to buy play money chips then sell them back for real money? some of these websites that buy and sell play money is it legal?

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Nope..not legal at all

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
ok thanks eric......looks like i am s.o.l because i cant afford 115 for western union right now....i guess im freerolling it then.....pokerstars should make a ewallet option for americans or something.....i mean even other site accept my debit cards but pokerstars dont.....thing is i hate other poker sites....lol

thanks again

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I'm confused...why would you buy play money? If you run out of play money, you can go to the
cashier and they will give you 1k for free? Or if you need more play money than that, I will send you some. Just let me know.

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 05:16 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiabrenda View Post
I'm confused...why would you buy play money? If you run out of play money, you can go to the
cashier and they will give you 1k for free? Or if you need more play money than that, I will send you some. Just let me know.

i dident want play money to play with,, i wanted to buy play money then sell for real money....but ericnancy says its not legal so im outta luck

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Depositing with a prepaid Visa used to be the end run around American regulations. I don't know if that's still an option with the credit card companies no longer processing poker deposits. I use echeck through a smaller financial institution.

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 06:39 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
as autodafe says, i used to use the prepaid visa for depositing on various sites............but sadly that no longer works for any sites as far as i know (if u live in the US).......it was great because all of your personal info is safe using a prepaid credit card......no possibility of any foul identity theft or anything, you just go to the local grocery store, pay the cash u wanna put on the card, and that's it.

personally, i am just really hesitant buying anything online with a card directly associated with my banking account...........and i am also hesitant to Western Union to a "spanish person's name i don't know" that pokerstars gives you to send the Western Union to in Costa Rica.

not sayin' that pokerstars is doing anything wrong...in fact i understand what they are doing........they are going around the US laws in a way...........but what happens if your Western union doesn't go through correctly or there is some kinda problem at all? how do u prove where that money went to considering it is " Juanita DeJesus" or whatever in costa Rica? (and i just made that name up as an example...)

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 06:45 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
lmao@ juanita dejesus.....good one

Old
Sat Mar 05, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoplives View Post
as autodafe says, i used to use the prepaid visa for depositing on various sites............but sadly that no longer works for any sites as far as i know (if u live in the US).......it was great because all of your personal info is safe using a prepaid credit card......no possibility of any foul identity theft or anything, you just go to the local grocery store, pay the cash u wanna put on the card, and that's it.

personally, i am just really hesitant buying anything online with a card directly associated with my banking account...........and i am also hesitant to Western Union to a "spanish person's name i don't know" that pokerstars gives you to send the Western Union to in Costa Rica.

not sayin' that pokerstars is doing anything wrong...in fact i understand what they are doing........they are going around the US laws in a way...........but what happens if your Western union doesn't go through correctly or there is some kinda problem at all? how do u prove where that money went to considering it is " Juanita DeJesus" or whatever in costa Rica? (and i just made that name up as an example...)
i have friends that have used western union and never had a problem

and i have never seen anyone post of having any problem

if i was going to deposit i would use western union

good luck all

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 07:10 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I use Western Union all the time, I know the $115 minimum is tough for some people but the other way around that is to go in with someone(both put up the $57.50). Some think the surcharge is a little high but I think it is cheap for not having to put up any of my bank stuff online. I have never had a problem, or I should say only once when the girl at the western union station in America misspelled the name of the person I was sending too, I had to go back down after getting an email that there was a problem, they re-sent it and it worked fine. Since then I always check the spelling before I sign my name and have never had a problem.

For me working an extra couple of hours at work to get some extra cash to send to pokerstars is more valuable time wise than spending hours upon hours playing in the PSO or Freerolls and competing with a bunch of knuckleheads to try and get points or pennies, I would recommend spending more time doing real work, earning real money, then in turn playing for real money and playing a better game of poker(I think people who are playing for real cash play better than freeroll players, for the most part)

I like the PSO but grow tired of seeing that the winners are the people who are on here almost 6 times a day, everyday of the month, and getting tons of points by folding and eating clock, that seems boring to me, I have 4 kids and can't be in front of the computer that long. when you can play a $10 27 man sit n go and if I win cash for $100 in less than 2hrs it is a lot more fun than playing in a league everyday for 6, 3hr tourney's and after logging 360hrs in a month getting $5-$15 bucks, Just my 2 cents.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com