Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Input plz

Old
Input plz - Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I know i did not get the best out of the hand, to me it went to hell pre-flop then just got worse with the min bet on the turn trying to make him think i had a weak hand cuz of his pre-flop call, then i think i bet to much on the river, maybe bet 1/2 the pot,,,,,any ideas will be helpful ty................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........PokerStars Game #58731325082: Tournament #368726127, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/03/05 23:16:59 ET
Table '368726127 15' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: uwalkman (1375 in chips)
Seat 2: GKR615 (1230 in chips)
Seat 4: spike8998 (1810 in chips)
Seat 5: xmanmitch (4470 in chips)
Seat 6: nas388car (1740 in chips)
Seat 7: ManONtham00n (1800 in chips)
Seat 8: shelbinator1 (2480 in chips)
Seat 9: GMAN STUD 11 (1535 in chips)
nas388car: posts small blind 15
ManONtham00n: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to nas388car [Kd Kh]
uwalkman said, "nh"
shelbinator1: calls 30
spike8998 said, "ty"
GMAN STUD 11: folds
uwalkman: folds
GKR615: calls 30
spike8998: folds
Gate90 is connected
xmanmitch: raises 90 to 120
spike8998 said, "i had 10's vs AK i hit trips he hit flush on the turn"
nas388car: raises 240 to 360
ManONtham00n: folds
shelbinator1: calls 330
GKR615: folds
xmanmitch: folds
*** FLOP *** [7d 7h Ks]
nas388car: checks
shelbinator1: checks
*** TURN *** [7d 7h Ks] [Jh]
nas388car: bets 30
shelbinator1: calls 30
*** RIVER *** [7d 7h Ks Jh] [9d]
nas388car: bets 1350 and is all-in
shelbinator1: folds
Uncalled bet (1350) returned to nas388car
nas388car collected 960 from pot
nas388car: shows [Kd Kh] (a full house, Kings full of Sevens)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 960 | Rake 0
Board [7d 7h Ks Jh 9d]
Seat 1: uwalkman folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: GKR615 folded before Flop
Seat 4: spike8998 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: xmanmitch (button) folded before Flop
Seat 6: nas388car (small blind) collected (960)
Seat 7: ManONtham00n (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: shelbinator1 folded on the River
Seat 9: GMAN STUD 11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
.................................................. .................................................. ....Any help on getting max equity on these types of hands would be helpful ty

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 03:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
The preflop raise might have been a bit big. OOP I doubt I'd have tried trapping there, since it tends not to get much value, so raising would probably be smart, but I'd make it smaller so as not to basically shout, "I HAVE A RANGE WHICH INCLUDES AK AND QQ+!!!"

On the flop, checking is good because your opponent is unlikely to call, since they're unlikely to have anything, but on the other hand, not c-betting is likely to arouse suspicion. I suppose either play is defensible. I'd probably bet the flop, and in the case that my opponent made the call, I'd check the turn. But that might be a leak in my game.

Minbetting the turn is just suspicious. And it puts no pressure on your opponent. I think you should disguise your good hands by making larger bets that could be interpreted as real bluffs. Unless you've shown down a bluff after minbetting this way, it's probably a bad idea.

On the river, you should just probably just ask yourself this question, before you make a snap decision: How much will your opponent call, given what they've seen so far? 20% of the pot? 50% of the pot? Their entire stack? Nothing? Here, I'd lean toward nothing, so bet small.

That's all the analysis I got. Yep. I'm hungry now.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 04:56 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Problem is the board paired and most people will slow right down when that happens.
You showed strength by 3x his bet and that means you have AK,AA,KK and on the low end AQ and QQ.Pretty much all he can put you on,unless you have done this before with worse.

Checking flop will not get you anywhere,he either has a piece or he doesn't.
You pretty much hoping he is a ace rag chaser and a ace hits on the turn for the most part by checking.Because of your pre-flop action he really cant get aggressive with you.
Don't be afraid to play post flop,its the only way you are going to get better.By recognizing sticky situations.I can tell you I c-bet a lot when that Ace hits the flop and that took me a well to figure out what kind of player will fold or call.Practice will sharpen that intuition.

Ok back to the hand...
Pre-flop I call if he is aggressive and c-bets a high percentage of the time.
If he is one of those gives up if he misses the flop I play it like you did and raise it up.
You will find a decent amount of players will call crazy amounts preflop and snap fold flops when they miss,note it!Very profitable.
Flop is funny since you are out of position,Would bet about 40% of the flop if he is decent and 70-80% if he is calling station/spewtard.You can also check it but turn will play funny if you just call the flop.
Turn is really funny since you managed to get some chips out of what looks like a folding hand.
Im not mad about that play,but I only use that against really bad players that float and spew river when they smell weakness.
Im betting the turn since the hand is either going nowhere or you realize you can shove the river.
Thinking about the hand what do you think he had?

Flush draw?
Small pair?
Ace rag?
connectors?

Thats what you want to ask your self a lot of the time when you look back at a hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com