Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

And Counting

Old
And Counting - Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Another losing day. I don't even know what to do anymore, I've tried everything. I feel cursed, no matter what I have. I lost with aces against 4 2 today and that pretty well sums it up. I am very disallusioned and confused.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Tilt hurts. Have some hot chocolate. It helps get rid of my tilt. Then, watch a few live training sessions, or read some strategy articles, or post some hand histories in the hand analysis forum. Studying your play away from the table is essential to becoming a better player, and most people don't do it. Cool off and get to it, and your results will improve.

You could also join Dan's WelcomeInn club. There are play money games in his club where you might get someone to help you learn to play better. Just let me know and I can drop by and see if I can offer some help (although some other members might be better help then me).

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Take a break for a week or two.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
The idea of taking a break might help, but instead of leaving the game, take a day to play something else, such as Omaha or Stud. A change might rejuvinate the old Hold'em mind. Lots of play money games around, so you can act with reckless abandonment. aka have fun.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
......................... Lots of play money games around, so you can act with reckless abandonment. aka have fun.
What he said

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL_McC View Post
Another losing day. I don't even know what to do anymore, I've tried everything. I feel cursed, no matter what I have. I lost with aces against 4 2 today and that pretty well sums it up. I am very disallusioned and confused.
1) Stop dwelling on the negative.

2) Record ALL your hands for later review: you may well find you are sucking out as often as you are getting sucked out on, and in the long term that is BAD.

3) Stop whining, and DO something about it!

Now I'm not ragging on you. I mean that last as a REAL piece of advice.

Whining aobut how often you are taking bad beats is very couter-productive.

It takes the energy you could be spending looking at your own game, and fritters it away in useless be-moaning of something you cannot control- LUCK.

So focus on what you CAN control, your decisions, and recognize that in the long term luck will even out.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL_McC View Post
here is my take...stop whining... you had one of the best players around here Darkman offer for free to you some shadowing lessons, did you take him up on the offer? NO, all you did was post another thread moaning about losing.... get over it, it happens to everyone here

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Darkman, one of the best!?!?!?

are you his best friend??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
and how much have you won here?

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
been there soo many times, aces lose to 4/5 i have trips and lose it goes on and on

just take a break for a few days and pray the bad luck goes away

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com