Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Any advantage in starting Sunday million late?

Old
Any advantage in starting Sunday million late? - Sun Mar 06, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
There is a 2 hr window for late registration and 15 min blinds, Is there any advantage to starting an hour later? Or do you always start a tourney at the beginning and grind it out? I wonder today with so many entrants that there will be some crazy play early, especially with those 1000 seats from the $11 sat. get put in, do those people play loose because it only cost them 11 bucks, they are coming off a turbo into a 15 min blind structure tourney, they will be behind most stacks because of their late entry and might wanna play catch up so play loose and double up or go home strategy? Lot of factors to think of today, just wanted to know what your guys thoughts were.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Yes and NO

Just depends on your style of play and Game Plan

as for players playing loose who come from the $11 sat one thing to think about is that around 75% of the field got in thru Sats

Also do not sell TURBO Players Short there is alot of Awesome players who play Mainly Turbos but still have the Skills to play Long Structure Events

As its much easier to go from turbos to Deep Structures then it is to go from Deep to Turbos

I see alot of people say Turbos are Bingo and those people just have No Clue there is alot of Strat that goes in to being a Turbo Player

Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 02:09 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabo View Post
There is a 2 hr window for late registration and 15 min blinds, Is there any advantage to starting an hour later? Or do you always start a tourney at the beginning and grind it out? I wonder today with so many entrants that there will be some crazy play early, especially with those 1000 seats from the $11 sat. get put in, do those people play loose because it only cost them 11 bucks, they are coming off a turbo into a 15 min blind structure tourney, they will be behind most stacks because of their late entry and might wanna play catch up so play loose and double up or go home strategy? Lot of factors to think of today, just wanted to know what your guys thoughts were.

Fold everything for the first hour unless its checked to your bb

Then see how many players are out

spike

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabo View Post
Well here's my 2 cents. Depends on your style of play. I'm a fairly tight player. I don't like the rounds that have small blinds because your standard 3x, 4x, 5x factors don't have much weight behind them. So, I like coming in late. Cash Mtt's I don't play like I play pso skill so, I play pretty much regular poker, but like the late start due to the reduction in field size. If you get to a point where I'm not very good stack wise, but, I think I can stall to the money. I go full PSO Skill on them. If I'm good in chips, I'll slow down for one round or two, to make ITM.

Also of the opinion, that if you are not a run and shoot type of player. Meaning a good LAG player ( they do exist ) The early doubles and or triple ups don't amount to a hill of beans, unless you can utilize those chips to keep the pressure on at all times. As I don't play LAG well, or TAG well, I take all the advantages that I can. IMO -shark

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
For me the choice would be to sit out or sit in and fold every hand but AK and QQ+. If I had $215 invested I'd rather sit in and take advantage of any opportunities that I might get.

Old
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
If you consider yourself better than most of the field,then late registering is not a bad idea.
You have to have a great post flop game though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com