Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Weekly Roundup Hand Replayer thread

Old
Weekly Roundup Hand Replayer thread - Mon Mar 07, 2011, 07:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Last edited by ericnnancy; Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 08:37 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
deleted as it was wrong

Gidee Up!

Last edited by TOO2COO; Thu Oct 27, 2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: UnSticky

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Looks like if eric wasnt holding him back Lobatillo might have won that tourney

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:15 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Eric I'm not sure why you posted this hand? We already know you are a donkey! LOL!

Gidee Up!

Yeah, the things I have to do to write my article. It was a small FPP tournament so I could get some hands in the replayer for this week's Weekly Roundup. Sorry to disappoint you by winning.

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:25 AM
(#5)
deleted as it was wrong

Last edited by 19honu62; Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 08:02 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:40 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Once again I ask..... not sure why you posted this hand? You won the tourney and rather than choosing a hand that you used your ( skillz ) LOL to win you post this one! Are there more to come or did you just post this so people would call you a donkey and you could explain that you won it!

Well, I guess I don't mind being called a donkey when I am trying to help players, and besides if you read my article last week, you would know that many WSOP champions would be considered donkeys too for the hands they played. So, yes, put me in the same category as some of the best players in the world if it makes you feel good.

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Not sure what the reasoning is for this thread to be stickied.... we already have a hand analysis forum

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 01:18 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
You have absolutely no reason to call the stab at the pot pre-flop tho. Can you explain to the people you are trying to help what you are doing in hand one please?

Thx
JT

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 01:27 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
You have absolutely no reason to call the stab at the pot pre-flop tho. Can you explain to the people you are trying to help what you are doing in hand one please?

Thx
JT
Wow..well JT...I will explain. I needed a thread to link to the Weekly Roundup, so that when it is posted, it would explain more. However, since some people can't read, or just like to jump on people, they started posting responses....

so there is my explanation

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
wow nice response to a valid question....that play was horrible on every street

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
The circus continues

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 07:37 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
Wow..well JT...I will explain. I needed a thread to link to the Weekly Roundup, so that when it is posted, it would explain more. However, since some people can't read, or just like to jump on people, they started posting responses....

so there is my explanation
I would have used a different play then. We in no way want to promote to a new player to call a shove with A6 off. End results be damned. This isn't the way to promote anything here at the PSO and if anyone thinks so. YOU ARE WRONG!

I appreciate bringing this to all players attention. But, this should have been done differently or atleast with a disclaimer.

If a player calls a shove with A6 offsuit. You will be a loser. Period, end of story, No question about it. What hands does one beat here? What hands have you crushed? These are questions for the replayer. Not to show someone that you can win with ATC's? This is my point Sir.

I am not trying to be ignorant nor question your play. U do what you do. However, if you were helping train anyone I cared for, I would have them question this play. We should all be learning from one another and if you make a mistake or something I feel is a mistake. I will NOT make the same play. This is why the community is here. Help others along.

Please note, Eric doesn't want to promote calling a shove with Ace rag. (I hope)
JT

Old
Guess what someone pushed all in with.... - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 01:13 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar

Old
Its called luck - Fri Mar 11, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#15)
Since: Dec 2010
WhiteStar
My self i do not like Aces with a low card so yea you got lucky and if thats your best???

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 05:38 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Mission accomplished..!

Eric single handedly displayed just how rediculous these posts can get and showed those of whom are trying to grasp how to use this replayer in that by doing so one can recieve positive criticism in order to improve one's game and not be ridiculed right out of any interest to play the game of Poker w/ you jack-asses who insist on constant negativity toward each other..

Eric is making a point here and admits to donkifying the two hands in question with the intention that a noob in the same position wondering where he/she may have gone wrong in their actions may find answers.. One may simply reply w/ something to the effect of, 'You're going to get yourself into a boat-load of trouble if you play hands like this on a consistent basis.. Your decision to call an all in from the early position raiser is going to end up costing you money.. This is typically a no-no unless in the most dire of situations.. For future reference, you should fold..' But who am I kidding; this is the PSO forum and we choose to berate people for their actions in order to minimize just how re-donk-ulous we play at times.. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you have something meaningful to add to the conversation I'm all ears.. Until then, silence is golden..! Negativity and condecension is NEVER meaningful and merits no use..

If I were new to the PSO, I'd run like hell after reading the garbage that some of you people spit and play elsewhere.. Get with the program and respect those whom created the PSO for learning, not insulting..!

Go that-a way..

Last edited by ClubbedNuts; Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 05:41 AM..

Old
I lost the minimum but... - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:32 AM
(#17)
Since: Nov 2007

I think my play is improving I believe and this play demonstrates that but maybe I could have played the hand better.

I will go through my thinking process.

Pocket Kings mid position. I raise 5x, maybe that is a bit too high, but I am looking to push out any Ace rag holdings and hoping for a caller(s) with lower pairs. The flop is one I could do without and in the past I would have shoved here. I know anyone with a club will probably call and the other player could still be holding an Ace. So I check to see where I am at.

Turn comes 9 clubs. At this point I feel my hand is beat so I check again, as does my opponent. River comes King so I have hit a set. I believe that I am still beat but feel a minimum raise is justified just in case he does not have a club, if he raises I am folding.

My opponent calls the bet and he wins the hand.

I feel ok with my play but the nagging doubt remains that maybe I should have raised the flop, that maybe I was too conservative.

What do you all think?

Comments, criticisms and advice welcome and appreciated.

TC

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar

This guy had just gotten to my table in this early PSO game. Tons of chips and he's willing to splash around apparently. I must be running good however. Because he didn't catch.

JT

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2007
nh JT

I am sure you were praying that the six did not come.

TC

Old
Full house - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#20)
Players at this table had been very loose and aggressive, calling large raises with second or third pairs. I was a little unsure when I made the call on the turn, but totally confident I had the best hand on the river.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com