Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Did I get enough?

Old
Did I get enough? - Mon Mar 07, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Bottom set with flush board and two players.

When is enough, enough?

Thx
JT

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
A min-raise would build the pot but I think Trubent shoves any raise you make.
So you are only getting a chance of building it more from one player and they are folding once Trubent shoves.If bobbo is semi decent he will see he is just donating by calling your min-raise.

Im not really liking the idea of playing the river with a flush draw 3 way.
So pretty much how you played it works best for me.

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 09:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrubberz View Post
A min-raise would build the pot but I think Trubent shoves any raise you make.
So you are only getting a chance of building it more from one player and they are folding once Trubent shoves.If bobbo is semi decent he will see he is just donating by calling your min-raise.

Im not really liking the idea of playing the river with a flush draw 3 way.
So pretty much how you played it works best for me.
In response, Dirty, what's your opinion on this?

Trubent has position and raises. Either he's raising just due to his position, or he has a hand. We see later, of course, that he does actually have a hand (just an unlucky flop for him!). Bobbo1970 could be priced in to call w/J10, 78, 67 suited or unsuited connectors, J9, 59 even. After putting $20 on the table, it seems there's not much that's going to make him fold whatever he decided to limp with, with $40 to call. Or he figures he has a hand worth 4.25:1 to call. But, the SB & BB fold respectively and Bobbo does not. Not great odds, but whatever. I'd throw another $40 w/K10s or J10s, something like that.

My uneasyness is that JT was 1st to act w/a flopped set, and there's a check with a flush draw. I understand "checking to the bettor" but what if Trubent checks (you are, in fact, giving HIM a free card)? If you're putting him on a range like AK, AQ, AJ, KQ he definitely whiffed the flop. QQ could also be a possible hand. But what if the turned Q was a diamond? You still gonna CR-shove that bottom set? Trubent doesn't have to semi-bluff if he's on a diamond draw to see another card, which masks his hand strength. What if he opened w/J10? Now the Q comes and he has an up and down straight draw.

GREAT CR-shove on the turn to push out a draw, but again a check when first to act. A flopped set is a great hand on a dry flop, but the flop and ensuing turn, in my opinion, had draw written all over it. In a position of JT, I would have tried to shut down the pot ASAP and make it VERY expensive to see one more. It seems like a "slow play" was in effect. From the looks of it, he may have been in the very early stages of an MTT? Take the $200 and be done with it. There are many more places to take a stab at chips to keep you in a tourney from my point of view.

Last edited by roadster808; Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 09:52 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
This is a perfect response. I don't like the replayer because of this very fact. What game is this? This was a STT. I didn't slow play. I wanted a card to come off that proved to me I was good. It didn't and I thought if his set came, I deserve what I get.

Thx Roadster

JT

Last edited by JT_Sooooted; Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 09:59 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
I didn't slow play. I wanted a card to come off that proved to me I was good. It did and I took advantage.
Well, judging from what I know of you, as little as it may be JT, you should have known you were good when you flopped your set

Old
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster808 View Post
Well, judging from what I know of you, as little as it may be JT, you should have known you were good when you flopped your set
I had seen set over set the last few games. Sooooooooooooooooooo, just trying to be cautious.

JT

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:06 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I just get "Error: No Data Found", no hand history in the replayer...

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:13 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Yeah..It was working earlier when I posted.
Will have to wait on me answering that Roadster,kind of remember the hand but not to sure.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com