Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

You wonder why I hate you!

Old
You wonder why I hate you! - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 07:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Well this should get peeps looking at this so please read on!

I want to ask you all to please please please stop bashing each other! Isn't there enough hate in this world? Can we not be thankful that we have a computer to talk with each other and help each other rather than sitting behind this contraption and firing off hurtful words into and empty screen and justify it because we don't know who is on the other side.

Do you know someone fighting from Cancer? A marriage breakdown? A child that has committed suicide? A friend that has fallen off the wagon? Mental illness? Financial ruin?

These are the things that are important folks! These things are where we need to spend our time and energy focused on helping those people! Not here crushing someone's spirits by posting mindless hurtful words.

We all ask each other every day why is there so much hate in the world? I can tell you why! Because of you and me and things like these brutal, senseless posts.

I can tell you I am a poor sport. I hate losing and I have let my anger more than once allow me to be chat banned on Pokerstars. I am asking you to help me and I will help you to put life into focus and try to act better towards each other.

I know I cannot change over night and neither will you but we won't unless we try and want to change!

Be a friend today!

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Yet another great post cowboy. I was meaning to post something regarding the quality of posts as of late. They have been getting much better. I, for one, found the last month of forums to be really bad in terms of information or just plain fun. Lots of fighting and complaining. So, I chose to the do the only thing I could other than stop coming here. I up'd the quality of my posts. I stop bashin folks, and stopped my truly nonsense posts. I can't teach/coach as well as others here, so, I try to be the entertainment here. Clean Fun. I've posted and said some hurtful things online and in forums but, have found it to be hurtful to the community and ultimately to myself. Keep all the great posts coming folks, and Thanks A Lot. -shark

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Good post , honu, and 100% true. I have posted things that afterwards I wondered why I even wasted the time to post, it was that insignificant to me.
Compared to the real life problems that are out there, the drivel from some immature, self absorbed motor mouth really is not important.
thanx for resetting things into perspective.

Old
cool - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#4)
Once again great thread cowboy, but the problem is that there are a few peeps here, that there main goal is to derail threads, or to get attention, or scam etc, so peeps are going to respond to them,

l guess thats why we have mods, l don't think that there's much we can do about it, l myself at times needed to be put in my place, l would hope as time goes by there will be less b.s.
but don't think thats going to be the case,

anyways just my 2 cents,

cheers

Old
'Hate' is such a strong word... - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I think people should try to see things as they are, not as points of contention. It's simple as far as 'problems' go: ya don't make none, there won't be none... So, keeping that in mind, I will not put a big BUT in like some, and say excellent post, sicko.

Im just sayin

Last edited by tazz864; Tue Mar 08, 2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I think people should try to see things as they are, not as points of contention. So, keeping that in mind, I will not put a big BUT in like some, and say excellent post, sicko.

Im just sayin
well, like l was saying

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 11:14 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
well, like l was saying
I'm just sayin... people see what they wanna see, see?

Old
hmm - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 11:16 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I'm just sayin... people see what they wanna see, see?

in the spirit of this thread, you win tazz,

cheers

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
I hate losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
in the spirit of this thread, you win tazz,

cheers
In the spirit of Cowboy's competitiveness, I had every intention of winning...LOL

Im just saying

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:15 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
I can't teach/coach as well as others here...
I couldn't disagree with you more here Shark. You have a lot to teach. One of the most important aspects of tournament poker is understanding the true risk and reward of certain plays. Often in tourament the correct play is the exact opposite of a correct cash game play. Often times later in a tournament, the risk of waiting for a premium hand is far greater than going with what you have at the moment.

You have clearly exhibited your understanding of situations goes deeper than what hand beats what hand.

I wish you would reconsider and serve up some above the rim philosophy on risk/reward in tournament poker, but until then, please know I appreciate the entertainment value you provide.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more here Shark. You have a lot to teach. One of the most important aspects of tournament poker is understanding the true risk and reward of certain plays. Often in tourament the correct play is the exact opposite of a correct cash game play. Often times later in a tournament, the risk of waiting for a premium hand is far greater than going with what you have at the moment.
+1. More discussion on this would absolutely be beneficial to those here who care to learn and improve their MTT game.

And very nice post Cowboy.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
What a great guy....I'm just sayn!

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Well this should get peeps looking at this so please read on!

I want to ask you all to please please please stop bashing each other! Isn't there enough hate in this world? Can we not be thankful that we have a computer to talk with each other and help each other rather than sitting behind this contraption and firing off hurtful words into and empty screen and justify it because we don't know who is on the other side.

Do you know someone fighting from Cancer? A marriage breakdown? A child that has committed suicide? A friend that has fallen off the wagon? Mental illness? Financial ruin?

These are the things that are important folks! These things are where we need to spend our time and energy focused on helping those people! Not here crushing someone's spirits by posting mindless hurtful words.

We all ask each other every day why is there so much hate in the world? I can tell you why! Because of you and me and things like these brutal, senseless posts.

I can tell you I am a poor sport. I hate losing and I have let my anger more than once allow me to be chat banned on Pokerstars. I am asking you to help me and I will help you to put life into focus and try to act better towards each other.

I know I cannot change over night and neither will you but we won't unless we try and want to change!

Be a friend today!

I agree with your post Cowboy. I have also been guilty of getting into the little stix and stones fests at the table. Sometimes just for the humor value. However, the things you mentioned, the things that are important in people's lives away from poker are much more important. Almost everyone of us has been touched by the things you mentioned, and add to that the loss of a dear loved one. Some of us play poker to 'escape' into the virtual world from whatever life issues we are facing, even if it's only for a little while.

I will make a concerted effort to avoid joining the stix and stones fests, because they add no real value to the other players or to myself.

Just reminds me of something my mother always says. Don't sweat the small chit. And in the end, it's all small chit. It is totally true and applies to everyone, when you get right down to it.

Wishing everyone good luck and good cards at the tables.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Simple answer to the question in this thread title:

Because your "wind breaks" and un-fettered by cloth muffling due to your propensity toward wearing ass-less chaps!

...I'm so JEALOUS of that!

(To keep the "Tazz Police" off my back, the proper word should be "envious", but the colluquial usage of the word "jealous" fits in this spot as well. I'm just sayin'...)

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
...I'm so JEALOUS of that!

(To keep the "Tazz Police" off my back, the proper word should be "envious", but the colluquial usage of the word "jealous" fits in this spot as well. I'm just sayin'...)
really?
I have my own goon squad?
Cool...

Im just sayin...

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 02:52 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
honu, you consider them brutal senseless posts, I consider them social conditioning.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#17)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post

You have clearly exhibited your understanding of situations goes deeper than what hand beats what hand.

I wish you would reconsider and serve up some above the rim philosophy on risk/reward in tournament poker, but until then, please know I appreciate the entertainment value you provide.
Ahh Fish, one of my favorite peeps in PSO. Please don't do that. I don't want to teach. I didn't say I couldn't teach, I just find I really don't have the patience for it. Being around poker pretty much all my life. I really can't stand bad beat stories. Shoot, I don't like good beat stories all that much. So, this is why I say I'm not much of a teacher/coach. I will always try to add my 2 cents when I have something to say, but, otherwise, I'll just crack wise when I can. But, enjoying the feel and content of the forums a whole lot more now a days. -shark

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 04:07 PM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
What's really important in life? It certainly isn't PSO, although the online support we share helps some of us escape, if only momentarily, from the really important life crises many of us face. A relative, 30 years old, has an in-operable brain tumor, three children, one of whom is a six month old baby, and is facing an intensive barrage of radiation. She would think the drivel that passes for chat at some tables is a waste of time and life's precious moments.

A while back, someone else posted a similar thread - a peace offering - to stem the verbal diarrhea that sloshes across the chat windows and through the forums, turning them into cesspools of hate and ill-fellings. For that the poster and others accepting the peace offering were assaulted with replies telling us to suck it up, life is not about being nice to each other - in words not so kindly phrased. How soon before they show up in this thread?

I feel for those who hide behind their keyboards and rant and rave about their bad beats while calling out the "donks" who beat them, thanks to the unfair RNG that PokerStars uses to support the donks and crush their superior skills. How sad their lives must be... What more can I say?

Enjoy every day that has you looking down at the grass (or snow) and not looking up from six feet under.

Good luck to all at the tables.

Herk

Old
Thumbs up
OK... - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#19)
Time for a group hug,,,,,,,

Emoticat,,,, doesn't sweat the small stuff anymore,,,,, and ignores forum trolls and people who are just looking for a fight,,,,, its easy to tell,,,, by some peeps posts,,,,,, who not to respond to ,,,,or ignore ,,,,,,,,,,.. if your cranky ,,,, get a dog or cat,,,,, maybe they can cheer you up and help you with your loneliness.........

looking forward to some more constructive posts on here in the future for sure,,,,,

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
BUMP

Keep this thread on top!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com