Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Anyone else think these should be scored and not the "Skill League"?

Old
Anyone else think these should be scored and not the "Skill League"? - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 12:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I always play SOO much better in these because I don't have to fold AQ when the next two people behind me start betting 20+ bb's. Because no one does that... for the most part.

Once I get past the first 3 levels or so I can play my game and my full range. I cant do that in the "Skill League" because I will play very good hands like AQs and get re-raised by three people behind me and at that point I'm not going to go all in so I fold. Do this three or four times and I'm down under 10 bb's by the 4th level. So I'm pretty much forced to go all in (If I were playing like a REAL MTT.) But at that point I'm still risking -10+ points, So I really cant do that because half the time I'll get called by one of those donks who got lucky and have a huge stack and get called with J9 and they hit a pair and no ace comes. So it is more profitable to just sit until I'm down to under 5 bb's and go all in with any marginal hand I have. If I get lucky enough to get through the bubble even then I rarely can play my game because I am still under 10bb's.

The warm ups play so much better for me. Mostly because of the 1525 filter (Though I think it should be at least 1575) removing most of the donks so I don't have to play SO TIGHT for SO LONG. I almost always get top 6 within the first 8 or so games I play. And that is a very small payout percentage: 6 of 250+. I don't know why but I play so much better in these than the "Skill League". It's like night and day.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com