Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Open for discussion....

Old
Open for discussion.... - Tue Mar 08, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
PokerStars Game #58881952439: Tournament #411010492, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (350/700) - 2011/03/08 13:53:10 PT [2011/03/08 16:53:10 ET]
Table '411010492 120' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: princedlucia (38950 in chips)
Seat 2: guripa36 (1624 in chips)
Seat 3: sharkatack89 (12763 in chips)
Seat 4: bigge2910 (21632 in chips)
Seat 5: jofdaimonds (26922 in chips)
Seat 6: Cristian mdp (23166 in chips)
Seat 7: unwelt (22934 in chips)
Seat 8: Ganzuss (10267 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: x@t@bich (13914 in chips)
princedlucia: posts the ante 85
guripa36: posts the ante 85
sharkatack89: posts the ante 85
bigge2910: posts the ante 85
jofdaimonds: posts the ante 85
Cristian mdp: posts the ante 85
unwelt: posts the ante 85
Ganzuss: posts the ante 85
x@t@bich: posts the ante 85
bigge2910: posts small blind 350
jofdaimonds: posts big blind 700
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sharkatack89 [Qh Ad]
Cristian mdp: folds
unwelt: folds
Ganzuss: folds
x@t@bich: folds
princedlucia: folds
guripa36: folds
sharkatack89: raises 2100 to 2800
bigge2910: folds
jofdaimonds: raises 10500 to 13300
sharkatack89: calls 9878 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (622) returned to jofdaimonds
*** FLOP *** [9d 8d Jc]
*** TURN *** [9d 8d Jc] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [9d 8d Jc 3h] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jofdaimonds: shows [Ts As] (a pair of Nines)
sharkatack89: shows [Qh Ad] (a pair of Nines - Ace+Queen kicker)
sharkatack89 collected 26471 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 26471 | Rake 0
Board [9d 8d Jc 3h 9h]
Seat 1: princedlucia folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: guripa36 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: sharkatack89 (button) showed [Qh Ad] and won (26471) with a pair of Nines
Seat 4: bigge2910 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: jofdaimonds (big blind) showed [Ts As] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 6: Cristian mdp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: unwelt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Ganzuss folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: x@t@bich folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Chat after the hand.

jofdaimonds: youre an idiot
sharkatack89: tyvm
Dealer: sharkatack89, it's your turn. You have 12 seconds to act
Dealer: The break will start when the current hand finishes
Dealer: Game #58882013344: unwelt wins pot (2,515)
sharkatack89: the range of hands you can make that play w/ my friend dictated the call.
sharkatack89: but to each there own.
sharkatack89: nice play this close to the bubble tho.
sharkatack89: if i were playing for min cash the chips would have been yours. also, if you were holding w/ you wanted to represent that hand, u would not have shoved w/ the stats your showing for the last 36 hands.
sharkatack89: end of my lesson. I don't usual give free lessons but, your chips will come in handy. tyvm once again.

What ya think?

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
dude don't tap the glass! You'll scare my lunch away!

Gidee Up!

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 05:40 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I think you can find better spots.

Thing that I find strange is your preflop bet sizing.If you are not doing this for every hand it shows you dont want to see a flop and his shove is correct.If you are betting this amount preflop for all opening hands than it is a leak.

I wouldnt go on a rant after losing,the donks always look better when that happens.
"You still here"?
"Thats why I got the chips and your on the rail"!

Never does any good and shows others that you have a bit of tilt in you.
I used to grind the Knockouts and at the end of one session this player really got to me and I went off.When it was all said and done a reg says "Ive never seen you speak like that ever"!
Which told me he now knows I can tilt,which was a real eye opener on how you act a table.
Every morsal can be used against you.
I know guys through other forums that will never say boo to me when we share a table but we talk often enough that its not a personal thing,but more of a not wanting to give out free info.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 05:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
*Moved*

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrubberz View Post

I think you can find better spots.

Thing that I find strange is your preflop bet sizing.If you are not doing this for every hand it shows you dont want to see a flop and his shove is correct.If you are betting this amount preflop for all opening hands than it is a leak.
Did you ever hear the phrase?

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know. -- Socrates

For me it is becoming: the more I learn the less I understand.

Is three betting AQ a bad thing? Is three betting any hand a bad thing because it scares opponents off? Should your bet sizing be the same for every hand you play preflop, even though if you do this it is a leak?

I am confused Dirtyrubberz.

There are hands I want opponents to see but they have to pay for the privilege if their hand is worth while playing against mine.

Could you maybe expand on what you are saying here, as I really want to learn? Could you also let me know in what types of games your thinking is applicable in: ring games, tourneys, sit and gos?

Thanks

TC

PS my head is hurting now and it is time for me to call it a night on the Poker.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 06:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Did you ever hear the phrase?

The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know. -- Socrates

For me it is becoming: the more I learn the less I understand.

Is three betting AQ a bad thing? Is three betting any hand a bad thing because it scares opponents off? Should your bet sizing be the same for every hand you play preflop, even though if you do this it is a leak?

I am confused Dirtyrubberz.

There are hands I want opponents to see but they have to pay for the privilege if their hand is worth while playing against mine.

Could you maybe expand on what you are saying here, as I really want to learn? Could you also let me know in what types of games your thinking is applicable in: ring games, tourneys, sit and gos?

Thanks

TC

PS my head is hurting now and it is time for me to call it a night on the Poker.
Was not a 3x, it was a 4x. Which is why dirty made his great comments. As this is my standard raise from that position, I'm ok w/ the bet size. Unless you have some math tips as to bet sizing dirty, (I'll take all the good critiques I can) I really appreciate the feed back. And yes I should have maybe waited for a better spot maybe. As a good 5th of my chips were in the pot. I thought it was a calculated play. Didn't put the guy on a big hand. But, really nice critique. Absolutely right about the rant at the end. I won the pot but, tilt is any emotion that may put you off your game. And, like you said dirty, No reason to give any info away. Thanks, -Shark

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#7)
Apologies.

Missed that it was a 4X, just saw the 2100.

The questions still stand to Rubber though.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Basically what I am saying is his bet is more than usual and it doesnt need to be that high to get
the same effect.You can bet 2.3-2.6xbb and get the same desired outcome.If you dont and some one shoves you can fold and you save yourself some chips.

Next time you see a funny wager amount take that amount and divide it into the Big blind and note what that number is.You will find some players that dont think anyone is watching that close and will
lower there bet amount with connectors or suited cards preflop.When they have a strong hand they will bet 3xbb or the higher end of 2.6xbb.Lots of tells in bet sizing and its something to really watch,maybe not so much in PSO but against thinking players or players that know a little something.

3betting Aqos is very table dynamic based.Reads on villian and their fold to 3bet percentage.
How they have been playing last few orbits.

The more I ramble the more confused people usually get since I tend to trail off into a totally different subject.

Old
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#9)
Thanks for the reply Rubber.

I understand where you are coming from now.

Would you have folded when the villain shoved if you had been playing in Shark's place?

Hard to tell I suppose but I think Shark had a read on the player and felt his hand was better and AQ does dominate A10.

Thanks again for all your replies today everyone.

Goodnight.

TC

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
I think your clarlification of I 'm not here to min cash was a bit of trickery shark..Like the way it will mislead the others at your table-making your next strong hand even stronger with Ak callers against your AA KK or made flop hands.You obviously had a read on the A10 player which worked out nicely!!!Would luv to see more of these hands and situations where you can mislead the remaining players at your table..Tilt happens but declaring it ...so smooooooth dude.
best of luck in the next one.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com