Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Trumpin Joe....help me out here.

Old
Trumpin Joe....help me out here. - Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
ok man, i took another player's advice about trying some sit n go's. First 1.10 45plyr i enter this is what happens.
.......u may say, well u had pocket kings and an ace hit the flop, why not fold instead of 3 betting the flop? well this guy had raised with a weak ace before around the button.....i figure in his position considering he limped in he most likely doesn't have an ace.....he is just trying to reraise me cause he has chips.......i make a great read on this guy and he gets paid off again on the turn for a horrible call....

what the hell? how do u call with pocket 4's after i 3 bet the flop???? what gives?? i woulda folded 4's there immediately if i got reraised. just unreal.

PokerStars Game #58899259911: Tournament #372938709, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/03/09 0:19:17 ET
Table '372938709 3' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Reptar7 (1425 in chips)
Seat 2: PoManSpecial (2782 in chips)
Seat 3: ks4ps (1435 in chips)
Seat 5: Dr. Klaatu (1870 in chips)
Seat 6: hiphoplives (1530 in chips)
Seat 7: ChaseHoldem (1743 in chips)
Seat 9: timperry58 (4195 in chips)
Dr. Klaatu: posts small blind 15
hiphoplives: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hiphoplives [Kd Kc]
ChaseHoldem: folds
timperry58: folds
Reptar7: folds
PoManSpecial: calls 30
ks4ps: folds
Dr. Klaatu: folds
hiphoplives: raises 150 to 180
PoManSpecial: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [Ad 3s Td]
hiphoplives: bets 180
PoManSpecial: raises 210 to 390

hiphoplives: raises 240 to 630
PoManSpecial: calls 240
*** TURN *** [Ad 3s Td] [4c]
HasseLasse is connected
Hardy.J is connected
hiphoplives: checks
PoManSpecial: bets 300
hiphoplives: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [Ad 3s Td 4c] [3h]
hiphoplives: checks
PoManSpecial: bets 420
hiphoplives: calls 420 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PoManSpecial: shows [4h 4d] (a full house, Fours full of Threes)
hiphoplives: shows [Kd Kc] (two pair, Kings and Threes)
PoManSpecial collected 3075 from pot
hiphoplives finished the tournament in 36th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3075 | Rake 0
Board [Ad 3s Td 4c 3h]
Seat 1: Reptar7 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: PoManSpecial showed [4h 4d] and won (3075) with a full house, Fours full of Threes
Seat 3: ks4ps (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Dr. Klaatu (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: hiphoplives (big blind) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
Seat 7: ChaseHoldem folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: timperry58 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 12:38 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Also Joe, why is your avatar a cat?

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:43 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
anybody understand what the hell happened in this hand?? do i have to go all in to get him to fold or what?

i put him on either a flush draw or a Ten.....and he hits a miracle after i three bet him....!!??

i am getting really fed up with making great reads and studying the game and reading people spot on and then it doesn't even matter because i am constantly getting beat by dominated hands.....

Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 12:47 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:47 AM
(#4)
Your 3bet was too small. You gave him something like 5-to-1 on a call. Also, the guy's probably a donk.

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
i bet that small on purpose .....knowing that if he has absolutely nothing he has to put me on an ace and fold......if someone 3bet me with that amount i would definately fold with his hand considering i raised preflop...what did he think he could beat honestly???

so here goes the hundo i deposited....Steadily going down down down because of the EXACT same kinda stuff that was happening to me years ago when i would deposit online..........this is DEFINATELY the last time i deposit. believe that.
I may still play some pso but that's about it. at least next month i will be active and be eligible for a real prize.

Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 12:54 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#6)
Obviously, he could beat someone with a worse decision-making process than him.

Of course, he might have had some good and justified reason to do what he did. I just don't read it as a good play. For all I know, you had a flamboyant tendency to min-raise with air.

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
haha "flamboyant tendency to min-raise with air" LOL

i would have to say I definately do not, as I like to win. that was funny though.

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 02:42 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Variance is going to kick at you a lot more online.
Your playing like the guy is capable of reading a board and what a light 3bet means.
They dont think on that lvl in the micros and a lot of tricky moves fail,cause they want to mash buttons or be a hero and call you down.
Its frustrating as hell some times so I can hear where you are coming from.

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 08:05 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Oh hiphop. This is a worrying post. Once again I see you descending into that dark world from which I thought you'd emerged.

The villain is an idiot. Plain and simple. And the more idiots that put their money up for grabs the better. When you get hit like this it's difficult to appreciate, but we actually need the idiots to get served their slice of luck to convince them they're playing correctly or they would soon be gone forever.

The problem is not the site, the villain or how you play, but your reaction to the outcome. Get a grip before we lose you again.

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 09:13 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
Three words hiphop -- Results Oriented Thinking. Don't dwell on the results of individual hands. Look to see if you made +EV decisions instead. Here your read said villian would raise pre with an ace. You acted on your read (I agree with Panicky to 3 bet more - at least 5-600) but villian wouldn't fold. You made good decisions, next game please!

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#11)
theres so way you cant in the back of your mind think that he doesnt have a small ace
this is a buck tourney
weak aces are GOLD to these people
you have to fold on the flop with kings because you cant be sure he doesnt have an ace
i folded kings yesterday to a donk tard

Old
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...eat-of-my-life

A guy in a $.25 45-man SNG called me down to the river with pocket 4's and spiked the river. I had top 2 pair A's and K's on the flop lol! I hope this makes you feel a little bit better, or atleast not alone!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com