Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO Whitestar Freeroll "Zero to Hero"

Old
PSO Whitestar Freeroll "Zero to Hero" - Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey everyone - I want to give a shout out to all the regular forum contributors for making a serious effort to improve the quality of the forum lately - enemies are becoming friends and people are letting bygones be bygones. It's a beautiful thing.

In recognition of this "we are all in this together" feeling of poker love and support I have set up a home game for PSO Whitestar players and will be running a freeroll tournament to allow whitestars the chance to make a few dollars which hopefully they can the use to try and get their 20VPPS and get their active status for April.

This offer has been done in the past by others in PSO but I haven't noticed one being put out there for awhile so I'm taking my first $10 VIP STELLAR REWARD from PS and will donate that to the prize fund.

The tournament will be Monday March 14th at 8:15pm. It will be a standard NL MTT with 2000 chip stacks and 10 min levels. The buy-in will require play money chips so no real money will be required to register. The prize fund will be distributed as follows.

First place - $ 4
Second Place - $2.50
Third place - $1.50
Bounty on me $1 and $1 for the "worst" bad beat hand history posted from the tournament.

The tournament will be open to any current PSO Whitestar player that has a current score of 1550 points or higher on this month's leaderboard. If you are below this score but having a bad start to this month I can review your prior months performance. I am looking for the players that take PSO seriously but have no BR or need help getting started.

Go ahead and register for the home game - the information is listed below and I will review all those interested and the first 50 that qualify will be accepted. Please register only if you are sure you can play Monday night and this is for Whitestar players only.

The club id # is 344652 and the invitation code is 16996699.

There are a lot of great succes stories of PSO players that have gome from a $0 BR to now having very healthy BR'S with the help of PSO - hopefully the next one could be you!!

Old
PSO whitestar - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi I would like to play this tourney. I am currently a whitestar player with around 1700 points.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
hey freddy i am below 1550 for this month but i have only played 3 tourneys this month and i am dead serious when playing poker (not some random donk loser who doesn't care). u can look at my other month's results as i have been a pso member since july 1st. i have been playing a lot of 90 man .25 SNGs, and if i don't cash i usually don't finish worse than around 18th. the money i've been making from these is what i have been using as a bankroll. i don't know if u can reserve a spot for me as i am writing this at 8:15 AM CT on friday and i won't be home to register till around 4 or so and i really really want to play this. if that is not possible, i understand.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
hey freddy i am below 1550 for this month but i have only played 3 tourneys this month and i am dead serious when playing poker (not some random donk loser who doesn't care). u can look at my other month's results as i have been a pso member since july 1st. i have been playing a lot of 90 man .25 SNGs, and if i don't cash i usually don't finish worse than around 18th. the money i've been making from these is what i have been using as a bankroll. i don't know if u can reserve a spot for me as i am writing this at 8:15 AM CT on friday and i won't be home to register till around 4 or so and i really really want to play this. if that is not possible, i understand.
whoops i meant 45 man SNGs

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 10:21 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONKEYTIPPER View Post
Hi I would like to play this tourney. I am currently a whitestar player with around 1700 points.

Accepted Donkey , good luck!

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
Sounds good ketchup, still plenty of room register when you can and good luck Monday

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:09 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
8:15PM ET? I live in China so most of the PSO tournaments are very early in the morning for me so I mostly play on weekends and sometimes one early one before work and one at lunch time if i can. I'm not positive i could play in this one since I'm not sure what time it'll start my time.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:23 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hi Alien to clarify that is 8:15pm eastern standard time as I live in the USA.

Hope that works for you.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:06 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Seems like that'll be 1am my time, which would be hard for me to swing, unfortunately. It's a really nice thing you're doing though.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi, I would also love to play in the tourney. Never been more serious about poker and played in a couple of tourneys of the PSO Skill League.

Lost to bad beats twice, but I also placed as 29th and won the last tourney yesterday, which was really nice, because I have lost almost my entire bankroll during a really bad downswing (four times Aces cracked in a row by rags, losing with quads to a straight flush and losing every coinflip, all in one day, I thought I was cursed ), so every penny is welcomed and a chance to build up my bankroll while having fun.

I have looked at the leaderboard and it lists me as being entitled to a $3 for this month (even though I don't know how that works at all), so that's positive.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHam80 View Post
Hi, I would also love to play in the tourney. Never been more serious about poker and played in a couple of tourneys of the PSO Skill League.

Lost to bad beats twice, but I also placed as 29th and won the last tourney yesterday, which was really nice, because I have lost almost my entire bankroll during a really bad downswing (four times Aces cracked in a row by rags, losing with quads to a straight flush and losing every coinflip, all in one day, I thought I was cursed ), so every penny is welcomed and a chance to build up my bankroll while having fun.

I have looked at the leaderboard and it lists me as being entitled to a $3 for this month (even though I don't know how that works at all), so that's positive.
Hi JO - hey you are ACTIVE now in PSO so yes if you finish in top 1000 you will earn a cash reward. I'm doing this for WHITESTARS as they need to earn 20 vpps this month to be active next month.
Good luck this month in PSO if you can work your way up the leaderboard you can make more cash.

Old
Thanks - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 04:19 PM
(#12)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Freddysw

I have applied and would appreciate wether accepted or not if you could let me know if I did it right as this is the first time attempting at a home game

Appreciate it
Goofy

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hi goofy you should be accepted you are listed now as a club member. Now just register for the tournament - it is just play chips to enter.

I will be shipping the funds to the winners. Good luck

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#14)
Hi,
Due to some personal issues, I am a whitestar this month.
Can I join in and play?
thank you,
Morgan

Old
Thank you - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Freddy
Thank you for the invite, I just checked it out and (LOL) now I am off to the play tables to win 550 LOL I have not kept up my play fund at play tables and only have 461 in chips so if I am unsuccesful I will let you know asap so that I do not take waist a seat for you of someone you could fill it with.
Again appreciate the opportunity will post you asap as to my success or failure LOL

Thanks
Goofy

Old
good to go - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Freddy
All is good went to the 5/10 table and have doubled stake 900 and change LOL see you tomorrow

Goofy

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymayor View Post
Freddy
Thank you for the invite, I just checked it out and (LOL) now I am off to the play tables to win 550 LOL I have not kept up my play fund at play tables and only have 461 in chips so if I am unsuccesful I will let you know asap so that I do not take waist a seat for you of someone you could fill it with.
Again appreciate the opportunity will post you asap as to my success or failure LOL

Thanks
Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymayor View Post
Freddy
All is good went to the 5/10 table and have doubled stake 900 and change LOL see you tomorrow

Goofy
if you go below 100 in chips you could reload another 1k and can do this 3 times in an hour

Old
LOL - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Thanks now I find out LOL
I did it the honest way. But now know for next time LOL

Goofy

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 08:37 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganhell's View Post
Hi,
Due to some personal issues, I am a whitestar this month.
Can I join in and play?
thank you,
Morgan
Hi Morgan - of course I know your reputation and this is about helping any whitestar player get back to active so please sign up if you can play tonight.

FYI everyone another anonymous donation so we have a $30 prize pool now

Old
hi - Mon Mar 14, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
i applied with below 1500. i am a promising player and would like to join! I APPLIED

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com