Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

To my un-named Benefactor...

Old
To my un-named Benefactor... - Wed Mar 09, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Thank you!

As a result of the stake I applied for in another thread, someone saw my post and sent me $10 to get my VPP for the month.

Without this person, I would not have had ANY way to grind my points to be active in April. This person wants to remain name-less, so I will honor that wish...

The fact is, there ARE very nice people in the "poker world", and even if you get nothing else from PSO, this is a great place to meet some of those folks.

So thank you very much, un-named person...

BTW...

I got my VPP tonight off that $10, and actually up'ped the amount to $13.75!

Even though the person did not stipulate it, I returned $11.87...

And I still have enough left to bang around some 25c 45 and 90 man's!

Good luck to every one!!!

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:32 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2010

nice one JD i agree there are some nice guys on here willing to help i remember last month i had lost my $$$ on a cash table to a sick beat i had posted in the section i was 5 away from the 20 i think with a few days to go someone wont mention them shipped me a few buck and since then turned the few $$ into near $50 plus im clearing almost 200 vpps a month now

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 09:27 AM
(#3)
this seems to be a nice thread to break away from the past few weeks

i too have been on the recieving end of someones generosity more than once with which all of them wish to be un-named

these people chose to do so on their own free will and were never solicited to and had no expectations of payback

i am very thankful for what they did and yes there are some truely great individuals here at the pso

since you have started this thread i considered that i should state my progress and hopeful intentions

i have been able to maintain status quoe thus far with regards to my bankroll neither winning big nor losing any money
i guess you could say that i have been min cashing a lot with a few good runs to make up for losses
i have been trying to change this and also have been searching for the type of tournament structure that suits my abilities best

i will state that it is my wish to place high a few times or make a first place finish for a significant sum at which that time i would like to pay everyone who has helped me ten fold
i know that this is wishful thinking at the moment but it is a good goal to have

so thanks to everyone and they know who they are
and congrats with your making the required points to be active next month JD

hope you do well and win big in those $0.25 SNG's

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I too faced the same problem collecting my vpps ..i had withdrew all of my winings from last month and didnt really have any BR to work with. I was going to deposit the last week of the month but my state had stopped my deposit method i was bummed. MOnkeyskunk,Darkman,Bill Curren all where very helpfull. I dont mind helping ppl out ,theres alot of pple here that would do the same thing. I still havent recieved my winings from last month (im on my 3rd try collecting ugh) 2 failed wire transfers and now im waiting on a check. You do have to consider who you loan to though. Some ppl might have the best intentions to pay it back but there is sometimes alarming reasons they have no BR in the first place. "May the Flop be with you" FD1

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I too need to pick up a few more VPP's.... if only this benefactor could read my post too...*cough*

No comments from the peanut gallery.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
cough again
now the other way
cough again
im sorry to tell you this mr bruno but it appears that you are a hermaphrodite
stat looking 4 a training bra cuz when you hit puberty
with all these growth hormones in the food supply
you are gonna have some really fine breastessess

Old
greta post - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Hello all new to PSO first month I have to agree tons of awesome people been having a blast.
Questions I have had quick answers and helpful insight so to that I am thankful.
Again 99% awesome people 1% "Pres Bruno" and to think Ihave only been here a couple weeks LOL
Good Luck you 99%
GoofyMayor

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
PresBruno ..the reason ppl help each here is bc first of all they are friends and trust each other ,they back up what they say and treat others with respect. I hope you can make some friends here pres and i hope one day you learn one of the qualitys that i have stated above. "May the flop be with you" FD1

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I am the most trustworthy person here and unlike other people, I don't go harrass random strangers at PSO tables. I am simply tired of my reputation being besmurched.

Now get out of my way, I need the $1500 to pay for my trip to Italy.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
I too need to pick up a few more VPP's.... if only this benefactor could read my post too...*cough*

oh bruno bruno bruno... what can i say... but... NEED NOT APPLY!!!!!

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyChips4U View Post
oh bruno bruno bruno... what can i say... but... NEED NOT APPLY!!!!!
How do you possibly have time to play EVERY tournament EVERY day? Don't you have a REAL job?

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#12)
thanks to a certain member of this forum (Ahem)
this thread has been completely derailed and that is unfortunate since it was made out of respect to the great people here who help others

as a matter of fact it was derailed so fast i would assume that JD has to be related somehow to nicdabull

or maybe tazz864

Last edited by joker41673; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: can't forget tazzy

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
thanks to a certain member of this forum (Ahem)
this thread has been completely derailed and that is unfortunate since it was made out of respect to the great people here who help others

as a matter of fact it was derailed so fast i would assume that JD has to be related somehow to nicdabull

or maybe tazz864

Hey joker, I don't want to be too rough on you, but the people who derailed this thread are buffalohead, then Freddy, then EasyChips, then you and now me.

It is a simple formula for the other two. NEVER go into the threads they start and NEVER respond to their posts. I'm just sayin...if everyone did that, their threads would drop of the front page with no views, they would not get any satisfaction from stirring the pot and they would go away.

Now, I'll try to rerail. JD, this was a nice gesture on your part and a great way to pay forward the gift your benefactor bestowed on you. Good luck building your roll this month.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
Hey joker, I don't want to be too rough on you, but the people who derailed this thread are buffalohead, then Freddy, then EasyChips, then you and now me.

It is a simple formula for the other two. NEVER go into the threads they start and NEVER respond to their posts. I'm just sayin...if everyone did that, their threads would drop of the front page with no views, they would not get any satisfaction from stirring the pot and they would go away.

Now, I'll try to rerail. JD, this was a nice gesture on your part and a great way to pay forward the gift your benefactor bestowed on you. Good luck building your roll this month.
well i'm afraid i have to disagree with you here fish
the player the i am implying but not by name was the offender who derailed this thread by the implication of a desire to recieve funds (begging)
as for the rest of us go
you can not derail that which is already derailed

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
We will have to agree to disagree here joker. My opinion is posts #12 and #14 are farther off topic and much worse than post #5.

And I will also admit that this post is farther off topic and worse than post #5.

I'm out of here now. This was my last post in this thread.

Again JD, congrats, good luck with your roll and thanks for serving up this thread.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Edited...

Last edited by JDean; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Because some people do not "get" it, and never will.

Old
New to PSO also - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
This is my second month on PSO and didn't make the 20 FPP's this time, I kinda spaced it out and thought I had enough. The cashier shows a total but is there a way to see what you have earned this month or a monthly breakdown?

I also used to put in $20 every now and then but my state has stopped echeck deposits. I haven't tried Western Union but it sounds like a pain. Is there a better way to deposit? Will we be able to deposit echecks again in the future is is that a dead horse?

If you have any answers or speculations I would love to hear them.
Thanks
FredoFlyer

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoFlyer View Post
This is my second month on PSO and didn't make the 20 FPP's this time, I kinda spaced it out and thought I had enough. The cashier shows a total but is there a way to see what you have earned this month or a monthly breakdown?

I also used to put in $20 every now and then but my state has stopped echeck deposits. I haven't tried Western Union but it sounds like a pain. Is there a better way to deposit? Will we be able to deposit echecks again in the future is is that a dead horse?

Thanks
FredoFlyer
can't tell you anything good about the deposit thing just western union
if you click cashier then VIP status it will show how much this month and this year

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#19)
Nice read JD..thanks for sharing it. I too have been the recipient of an unnamed.."get your vpps" donation in my pso career. It is always one of the most refreshing posts to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post

No begging allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoFlyer View Post

Thanks
FredoFlyer
Welcome to the pso fredo.
I suggest you start a thread on this topic rather than posting your question here. A new topic will be reviewed w/ your question much more than it will here. Lots of folks trying to get help in this area. I believe ps has support available in this area so email support@pokerstars.com and see if they can help. I just can't remember where I read it.
Pm me if you have any questions...or ask away in the forum, this group is more than helpful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com