Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Age Limits

Old
Age Limits - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Those who are proven to have played on here while under the age of 18 should be prosecuted in whatever nation's court system in which they reside and be forced to donate every dime they "won" to charity. Why do people get away with this blatant fraud?

There should be some sort of verification system that makes people prove who they are.

I had an idea for Chat Poker, where you would have to have a webcam on while playing, that way everyone knows only one person is playing under an account, plus you can try to read people for bluffs like in real life.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post

I had an idea for Chat Poker, where you would have to have a webcam on while playing, that way everyone knows only one person is playing under an account, plus you can try to read people for bluffs like in real life.

Go play live if ya want to look at people

Online poker is what it is as Live is what it is

Both have there Ups and Downs

I surly do not want to be looking at some of the Mugs on the people i be playing

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
What about the other issue I brought up?
For instance that Norwegian girl people mentioned, she basically defrauded $500,000 out of PokerStars. She stole half a million dollars from PS. Does that not bother you?

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:08 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
For instance that Norwegian girl people mentioned, she basically defrauded $500,000 out of PokerStars. She stole half a million dollars from PS. Does that not bother you?

Something that happen over 4 years ago is really a moot point in todays world as the online poker worlds landscape changes every few months

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Believe it or not I have to agree with Pres on this one. See my other reply.

Pokerstars should enforce their TOS impartially and treat everyone the same.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
what about you asking to split blinds from the sit outs? and telling players you will pay them if they lose there chips to you.oh its OK for you to try to defraud pso and not pay your bets.what about you calling players a donk every time you lose a hand?and calling players a donk when you dont like the way they bet ?insult a players country.the list gos on and on.you have no right to point the finger at anyone for anything.clean your own house before you talk about someones else s.

Old
?? - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#7)
deleted......

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: cliced wrong thread

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahmani381 View Post
what about you asking to split blinds from the sit outs? and telling players you will pay them if they lose there chips to you.oh its OK for you to try to defraud pso and not pay your bets.what about you calling players a donk every time you lose a hand?and calling players a donk when you dont like the way they bet ?insult a players country.the list gos on and on.you have no right to point the finger at anyone for anything.clean your own house before you talk about someones else s.
What part of the LAW do you not understand?

Also, it doesn't matter if it was 4 years ago. A small fortune is not a "moot" point. That money has allowed her to buy things she was not LEGALLY entitled to have because the money was obtained ILLEGALLY. Same with everyone else who does this.

The rules and laws should apply to EVERYONE.

And so what... I wanted to take advantage of the blinds.... I have people stalking me who reported me and I got warned for it, BIG WOOP.... I didn't start playing on PS until I was almost 21... so at least I didn't break the law like others did.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Also, it doesn't matter if it was 4 years ago. A small fortune is not a "moot" point. That money has allowed her to buy things she was not LEGALLY entitled to have because the money was obtained ILLEGALLY. Same with everyone else who does this.

And so what... I wanted to take advantage of the blinds.... I have people stalking me who reported me and I got warned for it, BIG WOOP.... I didn't start playing on PS until I was almost 21... so at least I didn't break the law like others did.

Brother you have a lot of growing up to do. I for one wouldn't cry about someone else's mistake when I have a few laying on my porch. There are laws and there are things you just don't do. You grip about one but forget the other? Shame on you............

JT

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2010
is there an age limit as to when someone grows up and moves out of there parents???

just saying

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
seriously, I dont know much about this presbruno guy, but everytime he post its almost always him being a hypocrite.....i can tell he is just trolling 90% of the time..

If we all just ingore his post maybe he'll go away? maybe not... I dont know but ive come to dislike this guy alot, what a _____!!!!

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
pres legal if people where not stalking you.you would be stealing and buying chips witch =s points witch =s $$$$$ and getting away with it.stealing is stealing .05 or 500k anyway that was 4 years ago and a lot has changed.and your in the here and now.and as such that kid in the Sunday mill wont get paid.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Rightfully so. He should be prosecuted too.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
It doesn't matter what the age laws are in your country. When you play on Pokerstars everything falls under Costa Rica's laws. You have to be 18 to play according to their law. They do verify your identy if you deposit. They don't verify if you create an account only because you can play 'Play Money' which technically isn't even gambling. The gray area seems to be when 'Play Money' players win money in freerolls and become 'Real Money' players without depositing. As far as I know when that happens they don't get their identity verified until they go to withdraw. I agree that is a sketchy way for Pokerstars to approach the problem, but at the end of the day it is still YOUR FAULT for lying about your age and breaking their TOS. Even if Pokerstars is taking advantage of kids lying about their age by letting them play then denying them their funds upon withdrawel, the responsibility ultimately falls on the kid's parents.

Old
Age Limits - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#15)
I don't know how they do it, but I know that PokerStars has some way of checking ages. My grandson, who was 15 at the time, enjoys poker and signed up at PS. He had no cash, he was just using play money. He was OK for a while, but one day when he tried to log on, he was advised that his account had been closed since he was underage.

When you think of the massive numbers of people who sign up, I find it reassuring that they do check. I'm sure they do whatever is possible to discourage illegal members.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Good luck!!

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:

Pres, don't you live in the US?

I'm sure he understands as much about the law in the Isle of Man or in Norway as you do (likely nothing). If you played on PS when you were "almost 21" then you, however, were in violation of US law.

And LOL @ you saying "big woop" to your own cheating. Just wow.

Old
?? - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#17)
Costa Rica-???? pretty sure its the Isle of Mann- in the UK__---

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
Costa Rica-???? pretty sure its the Isle of Mann- in the UK__---
LOL really? I always thought it was Costa Rica.... maybe I got Pokerstars mixed up with PartyPoker. Anyways, my point is still the same.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:06 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Pres, don't you live in the US?

I'm sure he understands as much about the law in the Isle of Man or in Norway as you do (likely nothing). If you played on PS when you were "almost 21" then you, however, were in violation of US law.

And LOL @ you saying "big woop" to your own cheating. Just wow.
Online poker is a grey area of legality in the US, so no. The law is 18 as defined by PokerStars which resides in the UK.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 03:06 PM
(#20)
Pres.

You claimed to be a “persecuted Christian” the other day. Do you believe in the saying; “He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.” Or are your religious beliefs as selective as your morals?

I saw some of your comments directed at the other players and it was anything but Christian-like behavior. I have met a few convenient Christians in my life. They use religion whenever it suites their purpose. The hypocrisy is sickening.

Your blatant disrespect w.r.t. the warning you received shows exactly what you are.

If it looks like an R-Soul and acts like an R-Soul…

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com