Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Flopping Quads in PSO Game

Old
Flopping Quads in PSO Game - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 04:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Questions:

Should I fold pre-flop?
Should I raise pre-flop?
Should I shove pre-flop?
Can you play this hand better or get more?

JT

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
Questions:

Should I fold pre-flop?
Should I raise pre-flop?
Should I shove pre-flop?
Can you play this hand better or get more?

JT
i would be shoving pre flop to isolate the other caller but i guess your flat call payed off lol vvnh

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
i would be shoving pre flop to isolate the other caller but i guess your flat call payed off lol vvnh

What if the other caller had called with AK or TT or better? This is why I flat. I would rather see a flop before giving all my chips away.

JT

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
just my opinion jt, but i think it depends on the type of quads, for instance i flop quads a couple of days ago, had pocket 22 and two more came on the board, i check down until someone else made a bet, i was hoping a ace hit the board and it did along with a king on the river which gave the guy a decent hand he bet 140 on the turn and i raise slighty to 360 and he call and on the river i bet the pot amount of 720 and he raise me all hand and it was an easy call..so i think the lower your quad dictate your betting pattern due to the fact that a ace or king or queen should hit the board to give somebody a decent had to play..

on the other note i think you played that hand very well..i would have push him all in or a high raise, most likely he had and ace .vnh sir..

Last edited by TARIQ06; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 05:07 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 05:07 PM
(#6)
i just figure if your willing to call jt you should be willing to get your stack in

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
i just figure if your willing to call jt you should be willing to get your stack in
I have no problem sticking it in here. However, I don't have to at this point. So, why should I?

JT

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#8)
true sorry i mis read your stack size thought it said 3000 od not 5000 odd i figured you were pot commited my bad

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I actually kinda like the way you played it, but I'd have raised a bit more on the river hoping he had an A....... but if you raise more and he doesn't have one, you won't get paid off.

I had a similar hand last night. pkt 10's.... called after 4 limped on my sb. caught two 10's on flop. was first to act, so was auto check for me.... 2 of the guys then pushed all-in on the flop... which was then a snap-call for me.

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:31 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I would agree with ant about raising to isolate pre-flop; however 3 handed with one person all-in pre-flop I wouldn't saying smooth calling was a bad choice and you had position on him post flop.

Now obviously his weak river beat I would not have simply doubled his bet. It was obvious he was trying to steal as there was nothing on the board that you would have conceivably been afraid of. At this point I would have pushed it in as he obviously isn't thinking you're sitting on quads and he's likely beating that the Ace was scare card for you. I would have shoved it in, worst you were looking at then was him not calling and you already took another 500 dead chips from him.

Old
Flopping Quads - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
I like how u played, probably would have done the same with your hand. Quads are tough to play, but you did a good job in my opinion.

Good luck!!

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 11:55 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
the one thing you want to do is to maximize value, so I wouldn't push... you want to bet as much on the river as you think someone will call.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com