Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Freeroll for Whitestar players

Old
Freeroll for Whitestar players - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
OK maybe I posted this offer in the wrong spot or maybe everyone in PSO is running good.

Simple offer - I set up a home game and will run a freeroll tournament Monday night (the 14th) that will have a $10 prize pool. My goal is to give a few Whitestar players the chance to win some real money to help them try and earn their 20 VPPS so they can be ACTIVE in April.

For all you newbies and beginners being active is huge in PSO and can make all the difference in helping you to get some nice cash at the end of the month.

This event is for Whitestar players only please - The details of this offer are explained at the link below which I posted in a different section of the forum. Not getting many responses so far so thought I would repost here.

Also if any regular players want to help out with the prize fund feel free to pm me or respond in this thread.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...l-Zero-to-Hero

Last edited by freddysw; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old
Awesome - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Sounds great aprox what time you thinkin on Monday??
Thanks
Goofy

Old
yo - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
hey freddie,

shipping $2 to help out,

cheers

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Set it up for 8:15pm eastern time

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 08:58 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
hey freddie,

shipping $2 to help out,

cheers
Thanks Eff, you sir are a class act! Prize pool up to $12 now whitestars!

Old
how to - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 09:00 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I have only been on PSO since beginning of March can I still enter and do I just go to your link?

Thanks
Goofy

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 09:16 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Sure goofy would love to have you play, here's the club id and password.

Club Id - 344652
password - 16996699

Good luck!

Old
Thanks - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Thank you for the opportunity see you Monday

Old
white star freeroll - Thu Mar 10, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
$2.00 sent

Old
Thu Mar 10, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
Been running really well at the cash tables lately. $5 sent.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:09 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi128 View Post
$2.00 sent
Very nice jesture Taxi thansk for the support.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:20 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Been running really well at the cash tables lately. $5 sent.
Panicky glad to hear you are on a nice roll - if theres any karma in the poker universe this great jesture will help keep the cards flopping your way. Thanks very much for helping out.

FYI - Prize pool is now up to $19 and several very high ranked Whitestars have registered to play, we have room for 50 players so not only is this a chance to get some real money should be some good competition.

Old
sounds great - Fri Mar 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
Would love to play what time?

cheers
the Hamster

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNHamster View Post
Would love to play what time?

cheers
the Hamster

Check out the details at the link below. hope you can make it.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...l-Zero-to-Hero

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Here is the updated information payout structure for the "Rags to Riches" tournament:

Total Prize Pool : $19

Special thanks to some great PSO regulars for adding their own cash to the prize pool - Panickypoker, Effsea and Taxi128 thanks again for your support!!

We have 11 players so far and hoping to get to at least 20 - so if you are a Whitestar PSO player trying to get active and are taking the PSO league somewhat this freeroll is for you.

First place - $7
Second place - $5
Third place - $3.50
Fourth place - $ 2.50

Bounty on freddysw - $1

See you all Monday night

Old
HI - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
It's not like some players don't have a money and can't get any FPP,, its about that we in "states of third world" don't have opportunity to make a depozit...its about bank issue to create a valid card for net booking cost you a fortune..because you need to prepaid like 100$/year,,,, like metallica...SAD BUT TRUE

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:33 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Hi Denis sorry to hear about the challenges you have trying to make a deposit.

This freeroll opportunity is for whitestar players in PSO that are showing good results and taking the league seriously.

If they get a few dollars hopefully they can earn the 20 vpps it takes to become active in the league and then their efforts can be better rewarded.

I am reviewing each player that applies to play and have had to reject some.

I plan to continue setting up these freerolls in the coming months and I promise to offer one to any and all whitestars regardless of your score or rank.

Good luck and their are players that have started from $0 and grinded out the pennies and winnings from PSO and turned that into very decent bankrolls.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Hi folks another great update for the freeroll.

There really are some amazing people in our PSO community. A player wishing to stay anonymous has shipped me another $8 for our game. Prize pool now stands at $27.

So here is a recap of the donated funds and current prize pool.

Freddysw -$10
Effsea - $2
PanickyPoker - $5
Taxi128 - $2
Anonymous - $8

Getting some more responses as we get closer to Monday night. Would love to have 50 players and we have about 15 as of a few minutes ago. I will post the official prize distribution a couple hours before the tourney as I'm not sure now many will be playing and what our final prize pool is going to be.

I am committed to keeping this tournament for Whitestar players that are above 1550 pts this month or have shown a prior history of taking the league seriously. I'm sorry if I rejected anyone it was not personal.

I will set up another freeroll in April for any and all Whitestars so please be patient with me.

As frustrating as it can be to play sometimes, PSO and the people I have met here have made this the most fun I've had playing online. Thanks again for all the support and looking forward to Monday night.

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 07:26 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Freddy, Taxi, Panicky, Effsea, and Mr/Ms??,

All class acts, as most here are....we won't get into the sophmoric BS we must all endure here.

Freddy I responded to your post in my dream thread, Thanks for the input and the invite to your game. Your 8:15pm is my 6:15PM ( MST..I"m usually asleep then, I'm a night and day person and sleep only 3-4 hours..usually in the late afternoon/early evening) But I am going to rearrange things today and will make your game tonight. When I leave here I will register for tonights game.

Thanks again for the encouragement and opportunity.

Consider your Karma Account...... CHIPPED-UP.....

Panicky, I love your Education Threads...keepem coming!!

Steady Eddy (taxi), you know how I feel about you and your play....class act all the way...GL this month

Effsea, I always get good info from your post.... Karma chips shipped to all

The General

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 07:39 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
BUMP IT UP!!

OK all you WHITESTARS working hard in PSO - this is your chance for some real money to help you get ACTIVE next month.

Being ACTIVE IS HUGE IN PSO as the payouts increase 10x what a whitestar payout would be and they pay out to top 1000 for active players.

We are giving away $27 and if we get 30 players to sign up I'll bump the prize pool up to $30.

Any Whitestar with a score of 1550 or higher this month is eligible and any other Whitestar can PM me if you are below that score but just having a bad month.

I will post the final prize breakdown around 6pm eastern time in this thread.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com