Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Str=Flush Gut-Shot & OE-ed Str Draw

Old
Str=Flush Gut-Shot & OE-ed Str Draw - Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
This hand was immediately following being sucked out on w/ A-A to a back-door flush-draw and I was no doubt on tilt but still recognized my hand for what it was and didn't play under any tilt factor that blinded me to seeing a speculative hand as being +EV.. It was only the tenth hand and difficullt to gather any significant reads on viliian.. What I'm looking for are opinions as to any other way I could've/should've played this hand.. I understand that my bet on the turn may have been erronous, but I was tring to rep the A as villian seemed to be representing a K on the flop and I was hoping do induce a fold by disguisng my turn bet as one for value.. Villian having A-K never crossed my mind, and even had it I felt pretty good about my chances of a 'get there'..

In any event, I was drawing to 15 outs; one of them being a str-flush and eight a flush, and the other six a 9-K str.. Pretty decent, IMO..

Thanks in advance,
Clubbed

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t3270)
CO (t2550)
Button (t2930)
SB (t2940)
Hero (BB) (t1306)
UTG (t2940)
UTG+1 (t5374)
MP1 (t2885)
MP2 (t5725)

Hero's M: 29.02

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 10
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, 3 folds, Button calls t30, SB calls t15, Hero checks

Flop: (t150) 7, K, J (5 players)
SB bets t60, Hero calls t60, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t270, 2 folds, Hero calls t210

Turn: (t750) A (2 players)
Hero bets t375, MP1 raises to t2585 (All-In), Hero calls t631 (All-In)

Last edited by ClubbedNuts; Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 06:32 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Raise flop and be willing to get it in if reraised. If you raise it to 165ish, someone who 3b's you will make it 385-425ish, and you'll have a nice amount to 5b ship and leverage fold equity, with good hand equity if called.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 03:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
After review and consideration of your advice, Dave, I will definitely follow your suggestion in the future.. I know it appears as if I donk it quite a bit (because in retrospect of events, I do)..

I've elected to play little if any Poker over the next few days as it's review, study, and assessment time.. I'm making some great runs, but no-doubt lacking in a few areas.. Before I make an attempt to invest anymore money playing Poker, I'm going to invest some time learning Poker..

Thanks a bundle for you thoughts.. It's easy to see how correct your line of thought is when reviewing my play.. I think I often rush my play too much and need to spend more time determining what it is that I'm trying to accomplish each and every time I put money into the pot..

Thanks again..!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com