Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

AA vs 94 off

Old
AA vs 94 off - Fri Mar 11, 2011, 07:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
hi all think this is a bad beat. first post not first bad beat....playing league game had AA..raised pot ,most fold 1 player flat calls..Q 2 6 on flop... no flush draw by the 94, got abt 20% of my stack in already.so i am all in....94 0ff calls..player has less chips than me so i figure they hit trips or Q with good kicker..when cards are turned over i laugh..9 on turn...stop laughing...can see this happening...4 hits the river...:cr start swearing...lol...

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 09:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
show a hand history for we can see how the enitre hand played out, but yeah that is a bad beat . let me know if you need help on showing the hand history from your computer..gl

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I had a similar hand happen at a cash table a few weeks ago with the drunk russians.. I raise 4x from UTG at a .05/.10 NL table with AA.. flop was no straight or flush draws. SB that had called open jams into me. I called and he had 9h2h with 1 heart on the board, and one in my hand.. he has no pair.

Turn.. 2.. river.. yeppers.. 9. I couldn't even be mad it was so hilarious. He didn't jam a short stack either, he jammed the pot of about 8x.

It happens.. but I feel ya.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
It is common knowledge in the poker world that 94 off is the monkey nuts.

Therefore, 94 off can never deliver a bad beat.

zzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

zzzzzzzzzz

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

zzzzzzzzzz
The answer of a veteran of the wars here. 94o is THE Monkey Nutz. If the villian is also employing a Voodoo Monkey Paw ($49.99 on 2+2) then you are totally screwed.

PSO Starting Hand Values For ATC Shove Monkey Donks:

1. 83o
2. 72s
3. J2s
4. J3o (the suitedness of J2s pawns the 3 here in their eyes)
5. ANY Ace-rag
6. ANY K-rag
7. ANY Rag-rag not previously listed
8. 6 of diamonds and a Green #5 Uno Card
9. AJ spades (20% of these jokers think this is a Blackjack League)
10. 7 of clubs and a scrabble tile letter B (The other 80% think it's a Bingo League)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 04:49 AM..

Old
?? - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:54 AM
(#7)
Skunk gettin upset over all the monkey bashin goin on - Pippi- the pipster- the moxiness of all the prefect pipsters- also, since when do monkeys have paws?????????????

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
Skunk gettin upset over all the monkey bashin goin on - Pippi- the pipster- the moxiness of all the prefect pipsters- also, since when do monkeys have paws?????????????

As a point of fact I recently saw an Animal Planet show about the sad infamously tragic monkey/Mephitidae (look it up) cross breeding experiments.

The mutant offspring were in almost all cases "gifted " with pre-hensile paws perfect for gripping beer bottles and roach clips. Other interesting traits are a even more "pungent" aroma eminating form them than the former skunks were able to achieve,owing to the fact that this odor is now laced with the scent of banana (whether this is an improvement or worse depends on how you feel about bananas).

The more Northern remnants of this experiment gone horribly awry have developed characteristics singular to themselves. To wit:

An affinity for "the stickiest of the icky",painted Aces and small pocket pairs from Middle Position,5 on 3 Power Plays (home team only),Bryan Adams,solid BR management and question marks.

They also appear to have a predeliction to be at odds with many (most?) avian species as they have deep contempt for chicken and simply can't abide most waterfowl at all.

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
As a point of fact I recently saw an Animal Planet show about the sad infamously tragic monkey/Mephitidae (look it up) cross breeding experiments.

The mutant offspring were in almost all cases "gifted " with pre-hensile paws perfect for gripping beer bottles and roach clips. Other interesting traits are a even more "pungent" aroma eminating form them than the former skunks were able to achieve,owing to the fact that this odor is now laced with the scent of banana (whether this is an improvement or worse depends on how you feel about bananas).

The more Northern remnants of this experiment gone horribly awry have developed characteristics singular to themselves. To wit:

An affinity for "the stickiest of the icky",painted Aces and small pocket pairs from Middle Position,5 on 3 Power Plays (home team only),Bryan Adams,solid BR management and question marks.

They also appear to have a predeliction to be at odds with many (most?) avian species as they have deep contempt for chicken and simply can't abide most waterfowl at all.
WHAT i repeat WHAT-- no mention of monkey PAW-- LIKE THE -- SINGULAR TO THEMSELVES PART THOUGH-- u lonely mox?????????//= lmaoo luv ya gl - monk..

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2009
BronzeStar
You've 4got 2 mention,when they try the old 'Park lane' & 'Pall Mall' 'I hope no-ones looking' monopoly trick

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARIQ06 View Post
show a hand history for we can see how the enitre hand played out, but yeah that is a bad beat . let me know if you need help on showing the hand history from your computer..gl
What else needs to be said or reviewed? AA vs 92 offsuite the Idiot hit on the turn and River. Nothing else needs to be reviewed or said.

Old
Tue Mar 15, 2011, 06:10 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Mark the donk and stalk him every table he goes to. If he's willing to call off his chips (maybe a raise?) with 9 high, then you'll wipe him out in the long run. What's his name? I could use some of his money too.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com