Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Isn't It Sweet...

View Poll Results: What Would You Do?
Call 3 23.08%
Raise All In 7 53.85%
Fold This Hand & Play After The Break 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Isn't It Sweet... - Fri Mar 11, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Isn't it sweet when you hit a big hand right before the break? I just love it when it goes down like that; conversely, it sure Sux when you're on the losing end of it right there..............{ ( lol am currently involved in a hand, same table, same people, holding KK, just a couple of hands later and will post results ) }........ Have you ever been involved in a hand where you end up allin, you lose the hand and get a msg saying you finished where ever, and in the background you see a message saying that the tournament is on break and will resume in 5.....lol it REALLY sux when that happens.

Soooo, I offer you the following hand that I wanted to share with you, as this hand occurred at the break, and this is how I played it; how would you play it? I will offer the information that I have on this player, which that he is an extreme Donk, had been ranked in the 10K and higher, and had been involving himself ( as he always does ) in a lot of hands, stealing & getting caught raising light on showdown, but catching out from behind. This is a satty with 6 seats, there were some 50 or so remaining, on a guess. ( Please note that what you don't see is that I am sitting there thinking about my play here based on my information and the situation for 12 seconds plus about 36 off of my timer before making my play. )

That is your info, and the break is coming up, this guy has your chipstack capped, now what would you do?

Hand Replayer here:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7CE7AE8B82

Above, I want to see a flop with my hand vs. that raise and that player. I do not want a rogue Ace hitting that flop, and killing my continuation in the hand. It's too much of my stack to try out flopping an Ace. I am willing to flop with a large stack raiser here for some blinds, but not that many, not there.

And Then, after the break, as I was composing this post just to find out what others would do on the above, some couple/few hands later, this hand occurred, .

Hand Replayer here:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=3D558B17B1

Last edited by Sinman64; Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
bogweed1964 folds - where have i seen that before?

Seeing the first hand in isolation I like most would have probably have said "get your chips in" but you had a read on the villain and the likelyhood of him playing A rag and made your decision based on that. Well played Sin, very good read on the "villain" and you got it in second time around, nice hand.

Heres where the villain finally bit the bullet, I post it as my read fed off previous hands including the second one you posted, coin flip hand I guess but got lucky - also posted because its one of the few occasions where it doesn't say bogweed1964 folds !!!

PokerStars Game #59040188808: Tournament #371960992, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (1000/2000) - 2011/03/11 21:37:52 WET [2011/03/11 16:37:52 ET]
Table '371960992 22' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: EdinFreeMan (11621 in chips)
Seat 3: bogweed1964 (21278 in chips)
Seat 6: waldy77 (17913 in chips)
Seat 7: thomo388 (86047 in chips)
Seat 8: kralovpd (24540 in chips)
Seat 9: Sinman64 (68966 in chips)
EdinFreeMan: posts the ante 200
bogweed1964: posts the ante 200
waldy77: posts the ante 200
thomo388: posts the ante 200
kralovpd: posts the ante 200
Sinman64: posts the ante 200
EdinFreeMan: posts small blind 1000
bogweed1964: posts big blind 2000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bogweed1964 [Qc Ac]
waldy77: raises 15713 to 17713 and is all-in
thomo388: folds
kralovpd: folds
Sinman64: folds
EdinFreeMan: folds
bogweed1964: calls 15713
*** FLOP *** [5s 5c 7h]
*** TURN *** [5s 5c 7h] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [5s 5c 7h 9c] [2s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bogweed1964: shows [Qc Ac] (a pair of Fives)
waldy77: shows [Ah Jh] (a pair of Fives - lower kicker)
bogweed1964 collected 37626 from pot
waldy77 finished the tournament in 12th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 37626 | Rake 0
Board [5s 5c 7h 9c 2s]
Seat 1: EdinFreeMan (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: bogweed1964 (big blind) showed [Qc Ac] and won (37626) with a pair of Fives
Seat 6: waldy77 showed [Ah Jh] and lost with a pair of Fives
Seat 7: thomo388 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: kralovpd folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Sinman64 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Last edited by bogweed1964; Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 05:46 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 05:51 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Yes, yes, very very nice and nicely done, bog. And Congratulations on the ticket. Very nice job, indeed!

The Sinman.

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:10 PM
(#4)
Its interesting how the perspective on a hand changes when you have first hand knowledge of the player involved and also to see the effect and influence on how subsequent hands are played by others as a result.

Congrats to you too Sin, to play or cash that is now the question

Old
Fri Mar 11, 2011, 06:20 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
Its interesting how the perspective on a hand changes when you have first hand knowledge of the player involved and also to see the effect and influence on how subsequent hands are played by others as a result.

Congrats to you too Sin, to play or cash that is now the question

Am in an Excellent situation, in which I won a ticket 2 days ago, which said ticket is dedicated to playing the tourney, no matter what, so, when I approached the final table, I unregistered that ticket for the T$, so that when I won this ticket there wouldn't be any foul ups. So yes, I am definitely playing, had I won this ticket or not.

And tyvm. The Best.

The Sinman.

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 05:25 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinman64 View Post
Isn't it sweet when you hit a big hand right before the break? I just love it when it goes down like that; conversely, it sure Sux when you're on the losing end of it right there..............{ ( lol am currently involved in a hand, same table, same people, holding KK, just a couple of hands later and will post results ) }........ Have you ever been involved in a hand where you end up allin, you lose the hand and get a msg saying you finished where ever, and in the background you see a message saying that the tournament is on break and will resume in 5.....lol it REALLY sux when that happens.

Soooo, I offer you the following hand that I wanted to share with you, as this hand occurred at the break, and this is how I played it; how would you play it? I will offer the information that I have on this player, which that he is an extreme Donk, had been ranked in the 10K and higher, and had been involving himself ( as he always does ) in a lot of hands, stealing & getting caught raising light on showdown, but catching out from behind. This is a satty with 6 seats, there were some 50 or so remaining, on a guess. ( Please note that what you don't see is that I am sitting there thinking about my play here based on my information and the situation for 12 seconds plus about 36 off of my timer before making my play. )

That is your info, and the break is coming up, this guy has your chipstack capped, now what would you do?

Hand Replayer here:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7CE7AE8B82

Above, I want to see a flop with my hand vs. that raise and that player. I do not want a rogue Ace hitting that flop, and killing my continuation in the hand. It's too much of my stack to try out flopping an Ace. I am willing to flop with a large stack raiser here for some blinds, but not that many, not there.

And Then, after the break, as I was composing this post just to find out what others would do on the above, some couple/few hands later, this hand occurred, .

Hand Replayer here:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=3D558B17B1
Id call here and would have seen flop still have 4K left if the flop didnt look right

Old
fold - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 07:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I would have folded, AQ, 1 hand before break, where poker stars is known to break good hands with weak 1s, and there is still the possibility of him holding a good hand(like he ended up having, just not as good as yours,)AA, KK, AK. Poker Stars missed throwing the bad beat your way,and for that, I'll give you a congrats on the hand and way to get the donk off the table.

Stake

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:47 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
**Moved**

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com