Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

MODS

Old
MODS - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I like to think the mods do the best they can with the guide lines they have to follow.over all they do a good job.I dont know if they get paid or not but they should its a hard job putting up with all of us.we see threads get closed that we think should stay open.and threads that stay open that we think should be closed.they walk i very fine line and it is hard.the only thing i would ask is if they close please let us know why with a word or two.i have all ready seen this a few times so maybe what i just said dont mean anything.keep up the good work.I am not looking for browning points i know i cant get them.its just sometimes i think we are too hard on them and yes i am guilty of that.and i think it was Joe in my other thread that said that the only control they have is in the forum and not the pso tables i didn't know that. I thought if it was pso they where in control.anyway Joe&Too sorry you guys got beat up a bit in my other thread.Its just this pres thing its making some of us CRAZY oh he will love it when when he sees this cause that's his job to drive us NUTS and he is good at it.

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Your mixing up of the word "were" with "where" leads me to believe you are either 1- Not 18 years or older, or 2-English is not your 1st language.

The former is a more likely explanation.

Regardless, your obsession with me does get my attention in one way, you have me genuinely fearful for my safety and I feel like you are threatening me.

Also, a Browning is a gun, you mean "brownie"... I could go on but you get the gist.

Last edited by PresBruno; Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 03:26 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Your a tool Pres...

You must love all this attention... Can your head Swell any more???

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya Guys

Here is the thing Some times we might make a statement when we close things other times we may not, as the reason should be simple for all to see if they look at it from a neutral position

If every one stays civil and plays nice with each other no one would even know there were Mods here out side of a post getting moved around but as we all have seen it does not always work like that

So if you see us close something please just roll with it and do not go start the same conversation in another thread

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Your mixing up of the word "were" with "where" leads me to believe you are either 1- Not 18 years or older, or 2-English is not your 1st language.

Regardless, your obsession with me does get my attention in one way, you have me genuinely fearful for my safety and I feel like you are threatening me.

Also, a Browning is a gun, you mean "brownie"... I could go on but you get the jist.
mixing words guilty.only went to 2nd grade.not 18 wrong.English my only language.obsession with you.you put a big bulls eye on yourself .NOW live with it.hows it feel?Threatening you i could care less how you feel about anything. browning is a gun you forgot about AK 9mm mi5 m16 50cal 38 45 302 slingshot bow and arrow sticks and stones 308 knives and my favored choice bare hands.but your hiding behind a PC/laptop so i think your safe.your just playing your little game trying to get me to say or do something to get me banned good luck with that.i love you pres your the man or should i say gal or little boy

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post

Also, a Browning is a gun, you mean "brownie"... I could go on but you get the jist.

It's gist,with a G. Like Goof.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 12:15 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
It's gist,with a G. Like Goof.
hmmm...I've seen it spelled both ways...its an alternate way of spelling...anywho...have we not grown up yet? So one puts upon himself a target or bullseye, does that mean each passerby must obligate themsleves to take a shot? surely by this we see who the real culprits are...

Moxie...surely youre not still with this? can we let the kids be kids...and lets play some poker?

Pres...good luck to you in all your endeavors...

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 01:14 AM
(#8)
Ok Verd I'll go down the list here..................

A. Go to say Merriam Webster's site and enter the word jist. See if you get a match. Just because others have also chosen to spell the word incorrectly does'nt make Pres any less wrong. And it was Pres who decided to take shots at bahmani for HIS spelling errors,and insult him for the same. So what's good for the goose..............

B.The "real culprits here". Seriously Verd? So Pres constantly insults members of this forum and league,both here and at the tables,insults and denegrates a Pokerstars Pro for her sexuality,has made racist comments at the tables according to some (have'nt seen it but it certainly fits with his character,or lack thereof),is caught red-handed cheating and offered to take on and then agreed to prop bets on his placement last month,then reneged on his responsiblity to make good on the bets,and indeed tried to lie here in the same forum where he agreed to making them about whether or not he ever made them. He has not once,to my knowledge,ever attempted to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum. NOT ONCE. Now whether my attempts to do so have had any value or not I'll leave for those of you who populate this forum to decide,but at least I have,and continue, to make the attempt.

C. Yes Verd,I am "still with this". I will continue to be "still with this",until Pres either leaves this forum and League of his own choice or PStars does what many of us feel should have already been done,and throw him the Hell out of here. I don't think I'm alone here,but I'll stipulate the same thing that I did about another member of this forum (maybe former member,I guess we'll see?) when I felt that he had crossed a line that just went too far---I don't give a flying flip if the entirety of this community lines up against me,I am not backing off Pres as long as he continues to behave the way he does. When the day comes that I decide to open pointless,inane thread after thread to whine about bad beats that are'nt,and how the site must be rigged against me,to put out political views that no one cares about and that don't belong here,to admonish others for my percieved view of their lack of morals,all the while displaying none myself,to take cheap,ugly shots at a fine upstanding member of Team Pros at Pokerstars because she's a lesbian, to talk about people's MOTHERS at the tables for crying out loud and a litany of other offenses that I could spend the rest of the night listing----when THAT happens then you,or anyone else for that matter, feel free to place some sense of equivalency between myself and Pres.

D. I'm plenty grown up. Grown up enough that when I see that which offends and outrages me I don't pass by it and pretend that it does'nt exsist. Or pretend that there is some sort of false equivalency between he or she which gives offense and those that comment on it.

E. I'm all about the playing poker. And as always good luck to you Verd,on the felt and off.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 01:17 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
That just about sums it up, Mox. As usual.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Ok Verd I'll go down the list here..................

A. Go to say Merriam Webster's site and enter the word jist. See if you get a match. Just because others have also chosen to spell the word incorrectly does'nt make Pres any less wrong. And it was Pres who decided to take shots at bahmani for HIS spelling errors,and insult him for the same. So what's good for the goose..............

B.The "real culprits here". Seriously Verd? So Pres constantly insults members of this forum and league,both here and at the tables,insults and denegrates a Pokerstars Pro for her sexuality,has made racist comments at the tables according to some (have'nt seen it but it certainly fits with his character,or lack thereof),is caught red-handed cheating and offered to take on and then agreed to prop bets on his placement last month,then reneged on his responsiblity to make good on the bets,and indeed tried to lie here in the same forum where he agreed to making them about whether or not he ever made them. He has not once,to my knowledge,ever attempted to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum. NOT ONCE. Now whether my attempts to do so have had any value or not I'll leave for those of you who populate this forum to decide,but at least I have,and continue, to make the attempt.

C. Yes Verd,I am "still with this". I will continue to be "still with this",until Pres either leaves this forum and League of his own choice or PStars does what many of us feel should have already been done,and throw him the Hell out of here. I don't think I'm alone here,but I'll stipulate the same thing that I did about another member of this forum (maybe former member,I guess we'll see?) when I felt that he had crossed a line that just went too far---I don't give a flying flip if the entirety of this community lines up against me,I am not backing off Pres as long as he continues to behave the way he does. When the day comes that I decide to open pointless,inane thread after thread to whine about bad beats that are'nt,and how the site must be rigged against me,to put out political views that no one cares about and that don't belong here,to admonish others for my percieved view of their lack of morals,all the while displaying none myself,to take cheap,ugly shots at a fine upstanding member of Team Pros at Pokerstars because she's a lesbian, to talk about people's MOTHERS at the tables for crying out loud and a litany of other offenses that I could spend the rest of the night listing----when THAT happens then you,or anyone else for that matter, feel free to place some sense of equivalency between myself and Pres.

D. I'm plenty grown up. Grown up enough that when I see that which offends and outrages me I don't pass by it and pretend that it does'nt exsist. Or pretend that there is some sort of false equivalency between he or she which gives offense and those that comment on it.

E. I'm all about the playing poker. And as always good luck to you Verd,on the felt and off.
ok. I hear you. As for some of the accusations made, which I am not a witness of but wouldnt doubt much that you say, there is a line to be drawn. But what I mean is, this guy by the things he says and the way he suppsedly acts, is childish. Now, to make wagers, especially knowing this guys character already, is highly rediculous. One should really rethink their own common sense to make a wager or otherwise get involved with this guy.

What I meant by are you still with this is why even open his threads??? Let the guy be. Are you the forum cops? Sure if you witness something out of hand, report it. Im sure they will handle it. But it seems to me that some of you guys have turned into one of those mobs that used to chase down supposed witches and burn them at the stake, or a lynch mob, hanging people. Im sure this is not what the forum is for.

If you see a thread started by this guy. why read it, if you know its going to bother you? NO matter what he has said before once you report it, thats it. Now, for you to open his threads yes you are a culprit because youre the one acting out, which I personally believe is beneath you. surely you have better things to do.

Also, it is possible to have slighty different definitions, spelling variations, and/or info from one dictionary to another. Merriam Webster aint the the only one. And in fact, every single word spoken is a made up word. Yep. Someone made it up. now this doesnt mean I would promote ebonics. Gotta have at least some respect for those that made up languages right?

Basically, I dont think you should let these people and what they say get you like this. Let it go.
If youre looking for this forum to be pristine, it never will be. Theres always going to be jokes that are misunderstood, taken too far or something else.

I have read some posts by people that I think are pretty cool but did not like what they wrote. Well, Im not going to go ranting and raving over it making things worse than they already are. I let it be and move one.

Here's a good example; If you have a pretty good friend that you like to hang around with but sometimes that person's language is a bit to vulgar for you, you have several options. 1) endure it. 2) ask politely that he not talk like that around you. 3) walk away when he starts up.

Ay ay, good ol moxie...youre alright in my book. Always have been. Im not complaining, about your posts or his. I was taught to lead by example. And usually when one acts out to provoke reaction and they get that reaction they continue to act out. When they act out but get no reaction and are ignored, the actions tend to cease.

There must be some reason the mods have not removed him from the forums completely. One of them just wished him good luck. Sarcasm or not its a far cry from a forum ban.

Anywho, it's your time and you may do with it as you please. But be careful. they say you become that which you hate. If you continue chasing forum trolls...youre too good for that.

Here's something, too. I personally against the the practice of homosexuality. Now, by your standards I should not let the fact that this player you speak of as a lesbian pas me by, but I should speak out against her. This, is by your standards. However, I would never do such a thing. If she wants to be gay, thats on her, whether I approve or not doesnt make her any less due certain respects there are NONE so righteous, mox. NONE. We all fall short.

As for the offenses you say he commited. Report them and move on. Isnt that enough? Anything more and its become an obsession.

As always good luck and see you at the tables!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
That just about sums it up, Mox. As usual.
You catch cheaters. Good Job.

Last edited by VERDUGO77; Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: stuff

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com