Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I can't win im not supposed to win i will never win

Old
I can't win im not supposed to win i will never win - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
PokerStars Game #59108517250: Tournament #371718876, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (250/500) - 2011/03/12 18:21:42 PT [2011/03/12 21:21:42 ET]
Table '371718876 86' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: kako24466 (19500 in chips)
Seat 2: schatje (6525 in chips)
Seat 3: NoNeedBackUp (14800 in chips)
Seat 4: eagle57mag (28125 in chips)
Seat 5: justinh2009 (7700 in chips)
Seat 6: tinoelrubio (34935 in chips)
Seat 7: M@verick1983 (22080 in chips)
Seat 9: Cascais2009 (29740 in chips)
kako24466: posts the ante 60
schatje: posts the ante 60
NoNeedBackUp: posts the ante 60
eagle57mag: posts the ante 60
justinh2009: posts the ante 60
tinoelrubio: posts the ante 60
M@verick1983: posts the ante 60
Cascais2009: posts the ante 60
NoNeedBackUp: posts small blind 250
eagle57mag: posts big blind 500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NoNeedBackUp [As Ks]
chamon917 is connected
justinh2009: folds
tinoelrubio: raises 500 to 1000
M@verick1983: folds
Cascais2009: calls 1000
kako24466: folds
schatje: folds
NoNeedBackUp: raises 2000 to 3000
eagle57mag: folds
tinoelrubio: calls 2000
Cascais2009: calls 2000
*** FLOP *** [9s 5s 6s]
NoNeedBackUp: checks
tinoelrubio: bets 3500
Cascais2009: folds
NoNeedBackUp: calls 3500
*** TURN *** [9s 5s 6s] [6h]
NoNeedBackUp: checks
tinoelrubio: bets 5000
NoNeedBackUp: raises 3240 to 8240 and is all-in
tinoelrubio: calls 3240
*** RIVER *** [9s 5s 6s 6h] [3s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
NoNeedBackUp: shows [As Ks] (a flush, Ace high)
tinoelrubio: shows [3d 3c] (a full house, Threes full of Sixes)
tinoelrubio collected 33460 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 33460 | Rake 0
Board [9s 5s 6s 6h 3s]
Seat 1: kako24466 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: schatje (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: NoNeedBackUp (small blind) showed [As Ks] and lost with a flush, Ace high
Seat 4: eagle57mag (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: justinh2009 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: tinoelrubio showed [3d 3c] and won (33460) with a full house, Threes full of Sixes
Seat 7: M@verick1983 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Cascais2009 folded on the Flop

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 09:25 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar

OH MY GOD PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON... PLEASE

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD NO WHY WHAT DID I DO HWHAT S GOING ON

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Go back to the night where you had the 2 Final Tables that paid you off so well. THINK about how you played then compared to how you have played since. No one,and I mean NO ONE,loses consistently solely because of bad beats. Look at you numbers on OPR. The single most telling is that in 70% of the tournaments you play you go out middle or earlier 70% of the time. Quite simply you are'nt giving yourself enough chances because by the time when you reach the point where the antes come out and the dead money on the table every hand makes it worth it to gamble some you're on the rail. And you can't do Jack Squat from the rail.

Calm down early in these,pick your spots better,when they come play them hard. Do this and you'll see more bubbles.See more bubbles and you'll see more cashes. See more cashes and you'll see more deep runs.

I'm betting that you did something along those lines the night you had those 2 deep runs. Or was the deck just hitting you in the face the whole way in both of those?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#4)
By the way I'm posting this in the middle of a streak where they're beating on my azz like I stole something.

Dude,suck it up and examine YOUR game,YOUR plays. If not you're doomed to making these posts over an over and over again.

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I actually play better.

I started reading more books, I adjusted my style by learning to play differerntly in differernt situations

i was actually much more loose and aggressive stealing pots.

OH I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT! I HARDLEY DIDN'T TAKE ANY BAD BEATS!

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:13 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Ok this week after reading books i went back to define my style of play, differnet moves in different situations i doign experiments so i didnt do so well

Now today and yesterday I think i made the money 3 times out of 12 tries or something like that in MTT and SNGs combined

im actually happy with the way im playing. I think I'm changing gears sucessfully between Tight Aggressive, Loose Aggressive and bluffing to steal pots and understanding how to analyze differnt hands and understanding the preflop hands selection and position

I was seeing less than 12% of the hands and today I barely lost any showdowns until the very end when i got KO'd

i can assure you that today and yesterday I had at least 85% winning rate in a show down but i took heavy beats

my AA in the final table of SNG got cracked by reraise all in from 33, and i got cracked by 33s and 55s shoving preflop when i raised the pot when there was like 7 limpers reraising me all in when i had AA

and AK flopped nut flush and runner runner river set full house was just horrible

I had everything under control

the thing is...

whenever i win or lose a pot or a hand now i know why i won or why i lost.

i didnt know that as much as im aware of it now when i had the back-to-back final table.

IM HAPPY WITH THE WAY IM PLAYING IM PLAYING MORE SOLID BECAUSE I STARTED TO STUDY AND RESEARCH MORE DEEPER!

but just bad beats in crucial moments...

Old
Beats - Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Learn to love those bad beats - they mean you're playing well. If you were always getiing your money in with the worst hand, THEN YOU CAN'T HAVE A BAD BEAT.

If you've been studying a lot, you've probably made some adjustments to your game, even if it doesn't seem like that to you. You will eventually adjust to what you've learned, and it will make you a better player in the long run.

In the meantime, CALM DOWN. You will have bad runs where it seems like you can't win no matter what you do. This too shall pass, and you will run well again. A big part of poker is learning to deal with the bad spells, and being patient.

Good luck!!

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#8)
Okay,but I'm going to say this again. Look at your numbers on OPR noneed. You ARE going out middle of the tournament or earlier (30% early/early middle) 70% of the time. You CANNOT have any degree of consistency doing that as you simply are'nt seeing enough money bubbles to give yourself a fighting chance. I'm not talking about being so nitty that you just fight for min-cashes. I AM talking about limiting your exposure early when the donks are spweing chips all over Hell's Creation. They spew alot of shrapnel then to. Pick your spots,don't play marginal hands (especilally out of position) and when you do hit try and maximize the hand.

There will be plenty of time to gamble later. And learn to accept the FACT that a good player is going to see alot more bad beats than he will ever deliver,simply because he's not the player making bad plays and depending solely on luck for his good performances.

You have to think about it like this----If you play 5 really big hands in a tournament--BIG POTS--and are good enough that you went in as an 80% favorite EVERYTIME,statistically you are still supposed to lose one of those pots. When do you want to gamble on 1 in 5 is the question.

Remember even Russian Roulette is 1 in 6 of the bullet coming. You want to shoot your stack Level 3 or Level 23?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 10:23 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:24 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Moxie I know the OPR stats

but look in recent weeks i have studied and adjusted my styles of play. so I'm more consistant and solid. But the bad beats... ...

Old
Sat Mar 12, 2011, 10:34 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Ok here are few changes i made

- I'm more carefully observing at opposing player's current style
- I'm more selective about choosing hands to play
- I'm more selective about which position to play
- With the information above when I'm in a hand I'm able to analyze my opponents better
- I'm figuring out when to lay my hands down

The above results me to to lose less show downs

When I'm a big stack I'll be more loose and aggressive but other wise I'm seeing the flop less than 12, 13% of the time and I'm winning at least 85~90% of my show downs

I'm changing my gear to play tight, loose, aggressive, bluff AFTER regarding what i need to think of

-position
-number of players
-analyzing types of players(loose calling station? tight and aggressive player when has a hand?)
-is my hand playable in this situation?

I'm actually getting much much better

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I empathize totally! Been feeling really down about poker because of what this site's doing to me right now. Well, I guess I could blame the "bad run" over the site - neither gives me comfort. I did decide to take a break because of all the beats but couldn't stay away long. Only took a couple of days off and actually freerolled into tonight's 1/4 million guarantee.

Just got knocked out and wasn't too upset with how I played. Blinds went up, I got short stacked (14BB) and shoved when someone raised at the cut off. I had AQ and they had A10...true to Pokerstars, you can guess what happened. That I didn't pay the buy in takes the edge off but feel no better about what's going on here.

It does feel like you simply can't win for extended periods here. Been running like of bow-legged whore for a couple of months now. People tell me that if you keep making the right decisions then you'll beat the game in the long run...don't be results orientated . The dent in my bankroll conflicts with this. The alternative? Get it in bad and you'll win? Can't remember the last time I sucked out on someone here. So, that's not going to work for me and purposly playing bad is plain buffoonery. Just can't win. I did win one coin-flip in the tourney so can't get too paranoid.

Gonna take some more time off, read a Hold 'Em book and perhaps go through the knowledge in these forums. A weeks sounds OK...maybe try the $1/4 million again next week and start playing more the following week. See how I feel.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
By the way I'm posting this in the middle of a streak where they're beating on my azz like I stole something.

Dude,suck it up and examine YOUR game,YOUR plays. If not you're doomed to making these posts over an over and over again.
Not sure that it's his game that needs to be examined here. When pushed he happily got it in with the 2nd nuts. How do you examine that as anything but the right play and excited that the donk gave him all his chips, on a flop like that with a pair of 3s. It was a sheer gift. Can't even imagine the maths of working out that beat he took (post flop). Bewildering.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
call on the flop BAD 3/4 pot bet for value
You didn't have enough chips on the turn to get him out.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com